• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Rom Space

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2023
    Hey^^
    can someone help me? I wanna know if there is a way to see how much space i used in the rom. I downloaded a Pokemon Firered rom with 16mb. I read that it has only 5.49mb used already and wanted to know how i can see how much i used already with new maps, tilesets, etc.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi, I've moved your thread out of the decomp forum because if you're using decomps you wouldn't need to have downloaded a ROM (the decomps build without baseroms); if you were using decomps I think you could probably comment out the call to gbafix so that the ROM doesn't get padded.

But it sounds like you're doing binary hacking instead.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • By default plenty of space of the cartridge is unused and an average romhacker should not worry about it. If you keep records of where you inserted all the new stuff you can make a calculation about the space already used.

Back