• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] ROM Won't Start

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2017
    The ROM that I've been working on for a while suddenly gives me only a white screen when opening with VBA. Strangely enough, loading saves still works normally. Does anyone know what might cause this? I genuinely have no clue why this happened. The only thing that I changed between this and the last time it worked was a script for a sign in a town, so I have no clue why it's doing this.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • A program you used broke the early bits of the ROM. You'll have to start over again or fix the early portions of your ROM. If you don't have anything special going on for the intro sequence of your ROM, it should be safe to just overwrite those bytes with those present in a clean ROM.

The corruption could be deeper in the sense that not just the start of it's busted, but other areas too. The whitescreen is definitely because of the start though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2017
    I reverted back to an earlier version of the ROM, so at least I only lost a week's work. Problem solved, but I wonder what broke those early bits...

Back