• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rotom's status

Is Rotom a legendary Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 67.2%

• Total voters

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    I don't think Rotom's "ledgendary." He isn't super hard to catch,can be bred,and arean't very good.

Remember Snorlax wasn't ledgendary and we was near the top of the Pokedex and there was only one.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
    Remember Snorlax wasn't ledgendary and we was near the top of the Pokedex and there was only one.
    There were 2 (R/B/Y), but thats a little off topic here, but still a good point.

Well i have 2 shiny rotom so there half normal half legendarie
    Just because it's shiny doesn't mean it's a legendary. If that's not your meaning, word it a little differently next time.

My Opinion Still Stands!

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    There were 2 (R/B/Y), but thats a little off topic here, but still a good point.

Just because it's shiny doesn't mean it's a legendary. If that's not your meaning, word it a little differently next time.

My Opinion Still Stands!

Oh I forgot about the one on the bridge.

Maybe Nintendo will make it official someday whethor or not it is or isn't.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Guys, this isn't exactly something that's up for debate.

Bulbapedia said:
    *When Rotom is encountered, the music is the same as legendary encounters although it is not classified as one. Rotom is, to date, the only non-legendary Pokémon to do this.
    *It is the only Generation IV Pokémon not in the Sinnoh Dex that is neither legendary nor an evolution of a Pokémon from previous generations.

Rotom isn't a legendary. Fact.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
    AJ, Manaphy cant produce eggs of its own kind though.

Rotom isnt really a legendary, he can breed, has a high catch rate and doesnt really have usual legendary stats.

WHOA. Just noticed that up there, and it sounds like your saying that Giratina needs some ditto and rotom doesn't. If that's the case, the whole idea of constricted breeding has been a lie for the whole of eternity! (Imagine that for a second and tell me what comes to mind, because I got a scary thought...)

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    Um, no... and quite frankly I'm surprised anybody thought it was. *sighs, shakes head disappointiedly *

Sir Matt

Ultimate Trainer of Dragons
    Years
    well leafeon and glaceon are on that section too but they're not legendaries...
    This right here is true. Rotom is not a legendary. If he was, he wouldn't:
    Be able to breed or be in any kind of egg group
    Live in a TV
    Would not have bad stats and attacks
    And wouldn't be with almost every trainer in BR.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    This is actually far from the first thread to ask the question...but I wish it would be the last. -.-

No, Rotom can breed copies of itself (Manaphy breeds Phione, so don't bother pointing that out), therefore it is not a Legendary.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    I would say no. He's just a pokemon that's a little more special. Like Sheninja, cuz you get him in a different way

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    He is a legendary. About breeding - Manaphy is a legendary and it breeds (just happens to breed a different pokemon). So that argument is out.

And you only get one in the game.

And when you get into the battle, it has the same epic trippy intro and the same legendary music.

lostsoul5673

blahblahblahblahblahblahb lah
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    I don't believe he is, I have one and I got a shiny one once, I never hacked stats, only shiny. :P But I gave away my AR so I would stop the addiction.

Going on topic again, no Rotom is not legendary, trainers in Pokemon Battle Revolution have him. I guess he's like Sudowoodo, only one in each game, G/S/C/Emerald.

My Smeargle is legendary, he knows Fissure, Sheer Cold, Eruption(or Fire Blast, forgot), and Hydro Cannon/Pump, forgot too. Okay, maybe not legendary, but yeah. I got that without hacking. Just using my TV Reporter trick.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Rotom is Pokemon's answer to The Ring. Don't answer the phone after you catch it, or you'll die in seven days!

Nah but really, I think it must just be an uncommon. I mean, it shouldn't be a legendary if it doesn't have any legends or at least major events associated with it, right? .__.;

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    He is a legendary.

He kinda isn't.

Bulbapedia said:
    *When Rotom is encountered, the music is the same as legendary encounters although it is not classified as one. Rotom is, to date, the only non-legendary Pokémon to do this.
    *It is the only Generation IV Pokémon not in the Sinnoh Dex that is neither legendary nor an evolution of a Pokémon from previous generations.

He's not a Legendary. Simple as that.

Back