• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rounding off my Story team Heartgold

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
Years
  • So I'm playing through heart gold and I've hit a common problem I have I don't know what to use on my team I currently have 5 pokemon and need one more but... I can never deicide so some suggestions would be nice

DUNSPARCE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! :3

Current team-
    Dunsparce [Lucky] (Female)
    Nature: Naïve
    Ability: Serene Grace

Gangar [Alice] (Female)
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Levitate

Poliwrath [Meiling] (Female)
    Nature: Gentle
    Ability: Water Absorb

Scyther [Sylph] (Female)
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Technician

Yanmega [Mukuro] (Female)
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Speed Boost

AkioMoto

Years
  • Some questions: At what point in the game are you at, or did you beat HeartGold, already? You also didn't specify levels. D:

What kind of Pokemon are you really looking for to fit on your team?

Oh sorry about that I'm only 4 gyms in and around the early to mid 20's in levels so they haven't fully evolved yet (except Alice and Lucky) and most of my teams are made on a whim but I do prefer offense and speed over walls

again sorry I didn't specify that stuff I think I was tired when I wrote that and it slipped my mind :3c

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Maybe a Ground or Grass type would round it out pretty well. Grass really isn't that necessary since you have Yanmega and Syther. I've used Sudowoodo before and it's a pretty nice Pokémon. Alternatively, you can use Golem!

AkioMoto

Years
  • Maybe a Ground or Grass type would round it out pretty well. Grass really isn't that necessary since you have Yanmega and Syther. I've used Sudowoodo before and it's a pretty nice Pokémon. Alternatively, you can use Golem!

Could corsola work? because I need a surfer since Poliwrath is a physical attacker and I will be teaching it waterfall?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Could corsola work? because I need a surfer since Poliwrath is a physical attacker and I will be teaching it waterfall?

That could work as well. Leaves you with two Pokémon weak to Grass, but you have Yanmega and Syther to handles those!

AkioMoto

Years
  • That could work as well. Leaves you with two Pokémon weak to Grass, but you have Yanmega and Syther to handles those!

Sweet I'll use Corsola since I've never used one before mostly because they always seem to hide them also grass is even less of a threat because of my dunsparce knowing fire blast and blizzard :3 serene grace is fun

AkioMoto

Years
  • ok very first cast I get an pretty much ideal corsola with a good rod just wow my luck is weird *note good rod is 3% encounter in a specified area* also now my entire team is of rare or awkward to obtain (only at night or bug catching contest) 2 of which are 1% encounters and a 5% encounter for poliwag with the old rod and I got all female with some alright natures and great abilitys so thanks for the help tokyodrift this is going to be a fun run now :3

Back