• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rowan's Words Echoed...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • A little inconvenient, non? Are there any times in DPPt that you think that's a bit unfair? For instance, I'm in Victory Road on Platinum and I'm trying to train on these little level 40 Pokemon. I'd love to battle the trainers and get experience quicker, but the Vs. Seeker doesn't work in here because of "Rowan's words". Come to think of it, I don't even remember him telling me that "there's a time and place for everything! But not now."

Get on your nerves?

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • Lol yeah. That whole message deal has always been annoying. It's especially annoying when I have something other than the bicycle on register and I don't remember. I press it and then get the message. Then I press it AGAIN by force of habit. Then I get pissed.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yes, it does get annoying. I wanted to rematch the trainers in Victory Road. Sometimes I press the button twice by accident. (Thinking I have the bike in select, but have the super rod instead. :/)

Happens to me a lot, especially mixing up the S-Rod for the Vs. Seeker. I don't see why we can't rebattle the trainers in Victory road, either. :/

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • I honestly still attempt to use the Bike in the snowy areas...

I think I should get an upgrade. I need a hover bike. Why don't these new youngin' Pokemon Trainers of the future have hover bikes?

That guy from the desert had a hoverbike... And he didn't even really need one! I'm sure all it did was kick up dust and sand anyway, so I didn't really see the point. Hoverbikes would be more useful over snow than sand.

Unless of course, we're going by "Back to the Future" rules, and assuming "hover boards don't work on water...

...UNLESS YOU'VE GOT POWER!"

Which, again, can be played around with since it's the world of Pokemon, and I guess you could force a bunch of bird Pokemon, or Charmander to force your bike forward.

...I honestly think too much into this stuff.

Great Scott!

Last edited:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I believe you cannot use the VS Seeker in Victory Road because you cannot get a good connection. I don't know.
    As for no bike in snow, worse idea ever. I rode my bike on my first snow day and I never had issues. :s

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    All of the key item restrictions annoyed me. I mean, not only is it annoying, but it says it at logical times where using the said item would be natural in real life. I can't recall any because I haven't played pokemon in ages.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I really don't think theres a time and place for anything. But I know how you feel with the Victory Road thing, sometimes I have Pokemon in their 40-60's and training in there is too slow, i dont see why we can't battle people in caves again, they are trainers too

:t354:TG

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    That guy from the desert had a hoverbike... And he didn't even really need one! I'm sure all it did was kick up dust and sand anyway, so I didn't really see the point. Hoverbikes would be more useful over snow than sand.
    Actually, the guy from XD started out with a regular motorbike but he had to upgrade to a hoverbike to get through a particularly rough area where the sand was impossible to get through normally.

But yeah, when did Rowan say "there's a time and a place for everything"? Or is it literally echoing with him talking through some hidden loudspeaker?

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I hate it when your in a cave and it doesnt let you go underground, or try to use your bike at a place that doesnt permit you to. Sometimes it makes me want to smack Rowan or capture him in a pokeball and throw him out into the sea... or something.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I honestly don't get annoyed.......but it still is weird. The fact that I can't use the Vs. Seeker in the cave is weird. Just plain weird.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • Actually, the guy from XD started out with a regular motorbike but he had to upgrade to a hoverbike to get through a particularly rough area where the sand was impossible to get through normally.

But yeah, when did Rowan say "there's a time and a place for everything"? Or is it literally echoing with him talking through some hidden loudspeaker?

Ah, I only played the first one, and I'm pretty sure we saw that guy with a hoverbike originally. I never bothered to get XD.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    I dont remember rowan ever saying that in the game, where is it from?

Back