• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPG2k3 Pokemon Starter kit

Phyore

PokeStreamer
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ok guy I have found an RPGmaker pokemon game on the internet. (Don't ask where cause I have forgot) What I will do is I will extract the Pokemon things from the game and make a starter kit out of them.

Of cause I will give credit to the creator of the game.

The game utilizes a menu, bag, battle system, animation when walking on grass, name of town in top-left corner of the screen, etc...

I shall update this post as I get the kit further done.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I was actually going to code one for Rm2k3. I started and then the project turned into Protectors ha. Maybe in the future I'll do one.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • So that's where Protectors came from XD And you'll need permission from the creator to use their systems.

Phyore

PokeStreamer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ok thanks for your help guys, i'm trying to get hold of the creator now. But he hasn't gotten back to me for like 3 days!!! (Lets not lose hope)

I'm anxiously awaiting his reply.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I don't think so. The scripting is slightly different in RMVX I think. But I'm not 100% sure if it is, I never really messed around with it, but the scripting in VX is being dubbed as RGSS2.
    So yeah.
    Plus the resources are different for the 2 makers (at least the tilesets are).

Phyore

PokeStreamer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I don't think so. The scripting is slightly different in RMVX I think. But I'm not 100% sure if it is, I never really messed around with it, but the scripting in VX is being dubbed as RGSS2.
    So yeah.
    Plus the resources are different for the 2 makers (at least the tilesets are).

Well I know that there is a converter so you can convert RPG2k3 things into RPG XP. You know like chipsesets into tilesets and autoriles. characters etc...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Hall of Famer: The main reason RMXP games aren't compatible with VX is not the scripting language, which is 99% the same, but the different mapping system in VX. Technically, by slightly changing the scripts in an XP game, you can run it with VX's RGSS2 player, but you wouldn't be able to open it in VX itself.

You could, however, port poccil's battle system, and indeed most of the Essentials kit, to VX, but not the custom tilemap. That would probably lead to problems with map connections, terrain tags, autotile animations, and others, which you'd have to script basically from scratch.

Back