• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE half dead

Years
    firstly, I want some peoples ideas on this, i don't want to go straight to PM/VMing Syd.

Maybe we could have a RSE challenge or something, but in the RSE forums. something like a wordsearch, and the one who finds all the words gets a female starter or a rare pokemon or something..This could happen in GSC and RBY, but i feel that RSE are the underrated games right now. Thoughts?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    ...you should probably go straight to PMing/VMing Syd. Syd's opinion is probably the most relevant out of anyone else. XD;

Last edited:
    Years
    Okay....IS SYD A GIRL OR A BOY??!!

I really want some other opinions for now.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Syd is what her gender says maybe he would consider this idea. ;)

Anyway, RSE has had it's day, I've spoken to her already about bringing activity to the section but she simply said that it's passed, if RSE remakes comes out then it'll get a tad more activity for nostalgia purposes.

Years
    So this can't happen then. Okay, its just the only pokemon game forums that are really like, active are Pokemon BW and Pokemon Gaming Central...

Years
    yes, but DPPt were out like two years ago and their inactive. HGSS last year and still inactive.

Owait, what was my point?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    mzmingle, to force activity onto a forum is slightly absurd. What are forums for, when it all comes down to it? Forums are a way for people to talk about things they are interested in. If RSE forums are inactive, people aren't interested in talking about them.

It's one thing to try and up activity in an RP or Writing forum, where things actually never go out of style. But when it comes to forums related to games, it's a different thing. At least those are my thoughts.

RSE section is still there, to give those who still do want to talk about it a place to do so. Nothing wrong with that.

If you, mzmingle, have ideas on how to improve or spice up the section, talk to Sydian or try to find other PC members who also want to talk about it and bring them there or post some new fresh threads (as long as they aren't spam-like).

gapdreamer

dream fighter
    Years
    Its just how things go..
    Are you expecting forums that are 2 years+ old to be booming with activity while there are newer, far better games waiting to be discussed? sorry...
    In an case it won't hurt to see some activity sometimes, but don't expect much anytime soon..

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    firstly, I want some peoples ideas on this, i don't want to go straight to PM/VMing Syd.

For future reference, PLEASE come to me, and not make a thread about it. It makes me kinda look...bad. But maybe that's just how I see it.

Maybe we could have a RSE challenge or something, but in the RSE forums. something like a wordsearch, and the one who finds all the words gets a female starter or a rare pokemon or something..This could happen in GSC and RBY, but i feel that RSE are the underrated games right now. Thoughts?

All challenges, RSE or not, go in the Challenge forum. If there wasn't a Challenge forum, all the Pokemon gaming forums would be cluttered with them. And...why have a wordsearch and stuff for games that are 8 years old? It's not as exciting as it is for BW. As for giving Pokemon away, I mean...there's a Trade Corner...lol You can get female starters easily, on your own or by trading. Just seems silly. :<

Okay....IS SYD A GIRL OR A BOY??!!

Completely irrelevant, but I'm a boy.

If you, mzmingle, have ideas on how to improve or spice up the section, talk to Sydian or try to find other PC members who also want to talk about it and bring them there or post some new fresh threads (as long as they aren't spam-like).

This basically. Please don't...make a thread about it. >>; I feel like I've been called out, as if I'm not doing my job. But anyway, when RS remakes are getting nearer and nearer, people will come to Adv Gen to reminisce on RSE and it will see some activity. Then RS remake forums will eventually be made and it'll...bite the dust for good, to say the least. There ain't much I can do about it.

But -sigh- as much as I wanted to keep this a secret, I have something planned for a small event of some sorts for in there. What it is exactly, I won't tell you. You'll see when the time comes.

Hope all this answers it for you.

PS: To anyone reading this and would like to help Adv Gen be a much cleaner, happier, less-polluted place, please stop posting/asking about ROM hacking and emulators. :3 lol

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'll be happy to participate in RSE and your word search.

All challenges, RSE or not, go in the Challenge forum. If there wasn't a Challenge forum, all the Pokemon gaming forums would be cluttered with them. And...why have a wordsearch and stuff for games that are 8 years old? It's not as exciting as it is for BW. As for giving Pokemon away, I mean...there's a Trade Corner...lol You can get female starters easily, on your own or by trading. Just seems silly. :<

Please tell me my long post didn't just go unnoticed. There ain't gonna be a word search in Adv Gen.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018

Please tell me my long post didn't just go unnoticed. There ain't gonna be a word search in Adv Gen.

It would also be kind of difficult to give a Pokemon away in a game that doesn't have Wi-Fi.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Hmm, actually I think there wouldn't be a problem with having an event for the board as whole (which would include FRLG as well). Not only did Black and White include little activities like word searches, crosswords and reviews, but HGSS and Pokémon Anime had their share of events as well. It's not really a challenge, as it isn't a goal for something specifically in the games, like reaching the end of the storyline with all grass types and whatnot. I think it would be pretty cool to have an event there, and little activity as it is, it's some activity. No forum can have /no/ activity here, and that's how it is. You can try. An event won't bring it up straight away, but it's a start and with an event like this, it would be nice to share with others in a blog or spread the word. It's not specifically right on advertising either. Pokémon Anime was really inactive before Run, Suicune, Run! came, and Hiiro brought it up well after that. I'm sure you (and maybe help from some friends willing to promote the activity) can help with some little event as a start. Not wanting to get too off-topic here, but I see nothing wrong with having some kind of event for the GBA board; old games or not.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Hmm, actually I think there wouldn't be a problem with having an event for the board as whole (which would include FRLG as well). Not only did Black and White include little activities like word searches, crosswords and reviews, but HGSS and Pokémon Anime had their share of events as well. It's not really a challenge, as it isn't a goal for something specifically in the games, like reaching the end of the storyline with all grass types and whatnot. I think it would be pretty cool to have an event there, and little activity as it is, it's some activity. No forum can have /no/ activity here, and that's how it is. You can try. An event won't bring it up straight away, but it's a start and with an event like this, it would be nice to share with others in a blog or spread the word. It's not specifically right on advertising either. Pokémon Anime was really inactive before Run, Suicune, Run! came, and Hiiro brought it up well after that. I'm sure you (and maybe help from some friends willing to promote the activity) can help with some little event as a start. Not wanting to get too off-topic here, but I see nothing wrong with having some kind of event for the GBA board; old games or not.

Kaori, you already know what I have planned, lol. It was your idea. And PA isn't a great example to use, because the anime is still on-going. There's still things to be done, discussed, debated, etc. RSE and FRLG are games that had their time in the sun and after 54375 playthroughs, people get bored. Not all, but a good portion do. As for crosswords and word searches and stuff, like I said before, there's not that excitement factor for an 8 year old game like there is for something released this year, like Black and White. And it was especially fun before they were released, when the Japanese names were still being used and such.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Kaori, you already know what I have planned, lol. It was your idea.
    Mm yes, but why not build up to that? I'm pretty sure we won't get any of that for a while, so for now I think little events will do at least something for the section. :o If not of the basic word searches and things similar to those, something specific for the board. It all requires thinking though. [ but it's a great start to my PC Summer Challenge ]

Edit: You can still make something of the section, in my opinion. I don't see any harm in some kind of a event. Pokémon Trivia has a "Who's that Pokémon" every week, which helps promote activity as well. There are ways, but it definitely doesn't take one to come up with it all. But in the end it all comes down to wanting and willing, to help promote acitivity there. I understand it's an 8 year old game, but there are a lot who still enjoy em...so.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Mm yes, but why not build up to that? I'm pretty sure we won't get any of that for a while, so for now I think little events will do at least something for the section. :o If not of the basic word searches and things similar to those, something specific for the board. It all requires thinking though. [ but it's a great start to my PC Summer Challenge ]

I just held an event last month in Challenges that was Colo/XD and RSE exclusive. While not in the Adv Gen forum, that's close enough, really. And Lord, why Adv Gen? Let's host events in ALL gaming forums then, eh? DPPt can have one. HGSS can have one. Metal/Color, Black and White, let's drag Spin Offs into this too. :| I'm not one for hosting a big buttload of events. I'm perfectly fine with having Challenges be the main focus as far as events go in GPGD.

Edit: You can still make something of the section, in my opinion. I don't see any harm in some kind of a event. Pokémon Trivia has a "Who's that Pokémon" every week, which helps promote activity as well. There are ways, but it definitely doesn't take one to come up with it all. But in the end it all comes down to wanting and willing, to help promote acitivity there.

Looking at it, what's wrong with it? All the on-going threads are popular, have good discussion going on, etc. The only problem I see is all the ROM hacking and emulator pollution, because people don't get that it's a section for the actual games, not gen III hacks and not emulators. Other than that, it's a smooth running board. I'm not gonna try to pump life into something that isn't just openly begging for it. Metal/Color is more inactive than Adv Gen. I don't even see why it's the one being attacked here.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    In discussion it's potentially a nice idea but imo the fact of the matter is that it's an 8-year-old game. I don't regularly post in there, given, but I just don't think that a little event like this one will make very much hype when there has been so much more stuff released. It might give the section a short burst of life but I don't see it going a very long way. Besides, I know that if I was browsing through the section and a thread about an Adv Crossword popped up I'd probably move on. The Adv Generation has had its day doing this stuff. I just think that we should move with the franchise rather than trying to drag an old section back to life for a little while really.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

I just held an event last month in Challenges that was Colo/XD and RSE exclusive. While not in the Adv Gen forum, that's close enough, really. And Lord, why Adv Gen? Let's host events in ALL gaming forums then, eh? DPPt can have one. HGSS can have one. Metal/Color, Black and White, let's drag Spin Offs into this too. :| I'm not one for hosting a big buttload of events. I'm perfectly fine with having Challenges be the main focus as far as events go in GPGD.

Looking at it, what's wrong with it? All the on-going threads are popular, have good discussion going on, etc. The only problem I see is all the ROM hacking and emulator pollution, because people don't get that it's a section for the actual games, not gen III hacks and not emulators. Other than that, it's a smooth running board. I'm not gonna try to pump life into something that isn't just openly begging for it. Metal/Color is more inactive than Adv Gen. I don't even see why it's the one being attacked here.
    Alright well you got the spark going for the Challenges board, you could give a shot for at least another one of your sections too. Challenges is running decently, I don't think it would hurt to try and pump up some activity for one of the other boards you moderate.

And I'm sure it wouldn't even hurt to create some events for DPPt and other inactive boards, but since the idea's being brought up for the GBA board specifically, it's a start. If someone asks about a section in specific, it shows that there is interest and it gives you something to start with.

In discussion it's potentially a nice idea but imo the fact of the matter is that it's an 8-year-old game. I don't regularly post in there, given, but I just don't think that a little event like this one will make very much hype when there has been so much more stuff released. It might give the section a short burst of life but I don't see it going a very long way. Besides, I know that if I was browsing through the section and a thread about an Adv Crossword popped up I'd probably move on. The Adv Generation has had its day doing this stuff. I just think that we should move with the franchise rather than trying to drag an old section back to life for a little while really.
    Activity is like a chain, you have to keep it going. From whatever activity the event can bring, will be a start to working a way up to more activity. Or at least a little more than what it has now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Alright well you got the spark going for the Challenges board, you could give a shot for at least another one of your sections too. Challenges is running decently, I don't think it would hurt to try and pump up some activity for one of the other boards you moderate.

And I'm sure it wouldn't even hurt to create some events for DPPt and other inactive boards, but since the idea's being brought up for the GBA board specifically, it's a start. If someone asks about a section in specific, it shows that there is interest and it gives you something to start with.

Why revive it? Just why? It's an 8 year old game. I'm sorry, but it's just...no one cares. Or very few people care. If you wanna post in there, that's fine. Post. That keeps it running, but I'm not about to sit here and beat a dead horse and make a bunch of events for it and make a bunch of emblems and pass those out and such. That's just not what I wanna do with Adv Gen. Unfortunately, I'm not modding it in its prime. You're modding the current gaming platform. It's easy for you to think this way. When you mod this big shell of the generation that was once great and has been beaten out by generations IV and V, then there's not much that can be done. I personally think it's doing fine. Anyone want it active? Go make a thread there, go post in the existing ones. There's plenty you can do for it without having an event.

So yeah, to all reading this. Wanna help Adv Gen? Go make a decent discussion thread and don't post about hacks and emulators.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Activity is like a chain, you have to keep it going. From whatever activity the event can bring, will be a start to working a way up to more activity. Or at least a little more than what it has now.

What Sydian said, really. I didn't make this clear enough in my last post itt, but I'm unsure of why Adv discussion would be revived at all. It's an old section and people have moved on. Just a minute ago I went in there to see how I could post and I was hard-pressed to find a thread which wasn't over the month-long revival limits which I felt like posting in. There's just not much discussion there anymore because the franchise has moved on. And I think that's ok really. If enough people really wanted it to live, they'd be posting good threads in there, the way I see it.

I just don't like the idea of 'forcing activity', really, for lack of a better term.

Back