• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE music and its impressiveness

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. The instrumentation is great, the melody is great, and while the output quality may leave something to be desired, it still sounds great, and actually does still hold up today in a way. They still sound good. Perhaps, better than some of the more modern efforts by oher developers...

The way they combined sampled audio with generated audio is also smooth compared to some of the more amateur efforts on the system.

Although HGSS and later BW did beat RSE in sound quality, if not composition quality, RSE still proves to be a challenger in the sound department. A competent challenger, for really old handheld music that's not too old...

No matter how advanced your audio tech are, nothing beats good composition and execution, and RSE did both.

Anyone else liking RSE music?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Archie/Maxie's battle theme still stands out as my all-time favorite track from a Pokemon game. :D

Back