• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby and Sapphire Beta Music

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I enjoy it :/

Anyone? I figured not very many people were even aware of the Beta Music but one can always hope >.<;

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Aqua Mudkip: I heard the Cerulean City song in piano in a fangame named Pokemon Sunshine. And it's a good one too!

-__________-;;; Doesn't anyone know what I'm talking about? The Link in the first post explains it. But I'll just post it here:

In Ruby and Sapphire's Coding, there are Advacnce-style Remixes of These GSC Songs:
    -BGM used on Routes 38 and 39 (GSC)
    -BGM used in the Pokémon Communication Center (Japanese Crystal Only)
    -BGM used in Saffron City during Generation II (GSC)
    -BGM used in battles with the legendary beasts (Crystal Only)
    -Team Rocket's theme (GSC)

I NEED a way to exract them from the coding. I'm NOT Talking about Fan-Made Renditions of Pokemon Music.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I get ya dunsparce ;)

Perhaps it's extractable with an emulator? I'm no genius with how they work but if i remember correctly you can access the folders the game's data are saved in. I'm sure you'd be able to find the beta file and place it in the music file, supposing that the beta stuff is in the correct format.

Years
  • I dont really know much about code editing in games atm, nor am I in a position to be able to tell you how to extract any of the beta files. But if I get you correctly, and you want the 'Advance-Style Gold/Silver/Crystal music, the Sevii Islands on FR/LG supply some, such as the Olivine music 'enhanced'. Hope ive helped?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I dont really know much about code editing in games atm, nor am I in a position to be able to tell you how to extract any of the beta files. But if I get you correctly, and you want the 'Advance-Style Gold/Silver/Crystal music, the Sevii Islands on FR/LG supply some, such as the Olivine music 'enhanced'. Hope ive helped?

All the Enhanced GSC Music in Ruby and Sapphire's data are NOT in Fire Red/Leaf Green. Not even Emerald has the music within the data. ONLY Ruby and Sapphire.

I DO NOT want the FRLG GSC Music, as it is easily accessable.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yeh getting no help here I see. But hey someone will eventually come along. But 2 things caught my eye. 1. its inaccessible and
    2. Nintendo were probly thinking of adding johto somewhere.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeh getting no help here I see. But hey someone will eventually come along. But 2 things caught my eye. 1. its inaccessible and
    2. Nintendo were probly thinking of adding johto somewhere.

There is a way to extract them, I just can't figure it out yet.

EX: in FRLG, their as Feild Sprites for the legendary Beasts in the data that people have extracted before. Alos, there are Bakc spites inD/P for a 3rd Shellos/Gastrodon Form that probably were their beta Sprites. >.<;

People have extracted Beta Crydtal Music, so why not Beta Ruby and Sapphire Music?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Dunno but whats really intresting is on the map of pokemon which I somewhat lost you got ever grande island some clouds and cianwoodisland right in a row. God damnit nintendo o somethin right for onc3. Anyweh extracting teh music might be hard but ill try.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Dunno but whats really intresting is on the map of pokemon which I somewhat lost you got ever grande island some clouds and cianwoodisland right in a row. God damnit nintendo o somethin right for onc3. Anyweh extracting teh music might be hard but ill try.

Thanks ^^

I know alot of gmaes have codes for Music Replacement, but I'm not sure about R/S.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I've heard of this. It was uploaded on another forum but it got taken down before I could get it. I've been really annoyed with not downloading earlier ever since. So if you manage to get the music, can you give it to me?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I have the whole R/S OST and I have those G/S/C tracks. If you use an emulator, you can change the music with AdvanceMap 1.92.

You can get an emulator on google and AdvanceMap 1.92 in the ROM-hacking section.

Last edited:

hypermonkey

N008 H4CK3R
    Years
  • I know a way to get the music. I have all of them except for Route 39(I have Route 38, not sure if its the same) and Theme Rocket's theme but its in GSF format which is the sound format for GBA games and I don't know how to convert it to a midi, wav, or mp3. They are also found in Emerald version and also gets boring and annoying after listening to it so many times.
    Anyways to be able to play this, you need to download Winamp. After downloading winamp, you have to install the Highly Advanced plugin. Once you do that you download the GSF files from the game of your choice. Once you do this you should be able to play the beta music.
    Emerald version has all music from both FRLG and RS. 209 tracks total.
    I also can't post url. I was supposed to put in the site to get the tools. Just google them and you should be able to find these. For information on what the gsf file is, go to wikipedia and search for "GBA Sound Format" it also shows the links for the tools are.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2016
    All the music, inculding the hidden ones can be obtained at GSF central: caitsith2. com/gsf/

Look for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, and don't forget to have the GSF plugin installed in your Winamp. Good luck.

Back