• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby and Sapphire Bug...

Years
    After about 6 months of hard game play, all of the games seem to glich in some way. By hard gameplay, I mean 4+ hours every day. I alwas wonderd about how the clock worked when I took it out...

Years
    I dont think the games are ment to last. Everyone wants to make a profet, so, they make them to give out after a time that way you but more, and they make a profet. Then ther happy and your tiked becuse you lost all your good pokemon^_^

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Ive been think about this and thought maybe Nintendo of Japen did it on purpose beacause they wanted you to bye the new game that might come out a year later im just guessing.

K-3.1416

Entrenador Mexicano
    Years
    I found this:

Update: Game Informer Online has reported on this story with an official comment from Nintendo of America. The company confirms that this bug will also affect the North American version of the game at the one year anniversary of its release, which will be in March. NOA has not announced any sort of recall as in Japan, but there may be action taken in the spring.

I wrotte this in another forum, for you guys that would like to see this post:

https://usuarios.lycos.es/markyo/kapy/Misc/Post.JPG

i think this update was since dec 6, but i still don't know if thats true, and another thing, i think that reseting your game will no have effect on erasing this bug, btw, it's said that the bug will appear one year after the game function (it started around march), so in march 2004, if this is true, all the american gamers will see their game with the bug, it doesn't matter if you started to play it months later march, 'cause in march the games were activated for their sales. Well that's what i know :paranoid:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2004
    there's a new Pokemon version (latest version: v1.1) if you guys haven't noticed... I hope the bug isn't in the latest version too! =P

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2009
    4+ Hours? You Call THAT Hard Game Play??? *snort*

I Play About 6 Hours A Day - MINIMUM!

=P

I MEant A Year REAL Time. About A Year Or So After Getting Crystal, The Time Changed So At 6pm The Time Walud Be 2:48am Or Something O.o And The Time Difference Changed Every Time You Loaded The Game... Strange MMmmm? O.o

*confuzzled*

Berries? MY PRECIOUS LUM BERRIES! THEY ARE NOT SAFE! *hoards*

I Live In England. I Doubt It Will Affect Me...

*hopes*

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    So far nothing bad has happened to my Ruby and Sapphire games. I bought Ruby the day it was released, and I have almost 400 hours of gameplay; and I bought Sapphire in the summer, and it has like 16 hours on it. (I beat the elite 4 in Sapphire with only 15 hours played on my game. :D ) Now I REALLY want Pokemon Box so I can send all my valuable Pokemon to it. Nothing bad happened in my Silver and Crystal games either. The clock stopped in my Yellow version though.

Years
    Charizard Ma said:
    it just the clock that doesn't work not the game ruby is a better game then g/s/c and there is a lot of things to do after the e4 so just keep playing your game that simple

You know thats nice and all but you didn't answer my question.

HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE VERSION 1.1?

Furikuri Otaku

Its nothing, really
    Years
    im sure everyone knows this by now, Jirachi will fix this problem up.
    Im almost positive that it will repair the game, in a way.
    Im not absolute on this buy im 80% sure

Aniram

I use MS Paint.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    It doesn't matter if this does happen. First of all...who has even neared the stage of over 3000 hours of gameplay? Even if you do reach this stage, and you're afraid of your precious berries, maybe you should get a job and buy a gameshark or actionreplay or something so you can have your precious berries? I don't think that you're going to miss getting berries the right way after that. Ok? Don't worry about it. When it happens, feel proud of yourself for actually keeping interest in your game for that long and then feel good about cheating your way to grabbing berries.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2007
    I'm new here, so before I post, I better introduce myself...

Hi, I'm Neb!

Okay, with that out of the way, I may have the solution to this problem. I just got the free bonus disc that you get when you reserve Pok?mon Colosseum at Toys R Us last night.

You know, the one that lets you download Jirachi to Pok?mon Ruby and Sapphire?

Anyway, when you do this, the game "updates your berry program." I'm not exactly sure what the "berry program" is, but I'm willing to bet that when you download Jirachi, it will fix the problem with the berries in the game.

Reserving Colosseum costs 5 bucks at Toys R Us, and you get the bonus disc right away. Even if you weren't planning on getting Colosseum (which I highly doubt you were :laugh: ) you can still get the bonus disc for $5.00, and then never go back and buy Colosseum.

Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2007
    Newbie dance? Uh... okay.

<::does newbie dance in messy room::>

<::trips on empty box::>

Ohh, my head! What a great way to be initiated into the Pok?mon Community! Ow!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    Hey, go here!
    Its a new news update from PPN it says-
    "Hey, I just saw on a site, that if you press; Select + B in fire red or Leaf green game, that you can fix your Ruby and Sapphire game, you need to Hook up the 2 games, and put the link cables in both your Ruby/sapphire, and fire red/leaf green games, and then your game will be fixed, With fixed i mean, The time will go on, so berry's will grow again"

Another good reason to buy FR/LG! :laugh:

UPDATE-
    go here...
    Its a page on serebii.net with instructions

Last edited:

Lady Umbreon

Teh Sophomore of DOOM!
    Years
    I dunno about it, because I've been playing my Silver and Crystal for way more than a year and I have never experienced any problems with them. Or maybe I'm just not paying that much attention anymore. ^_^;

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    Lady Umbreon said:
    I dunno about it, because I've been playing my Silver and Crystal for way more than a year and I have never experienced any problems with them. Or maybe I'm just not paying that much attention anymore. ^_^;

uhh...we're actually talking about a ruby/sapphire bug...or have i missed something...i dont think there is a bug in the GSC series...

Years
    Kairi said:
    It still saves your games, it just doesn?t perform time functions like sales and berries.

My brother's Sapphare's time doesen't work, but he can still grow berries. Weird. :\

My brothers game had gone through a fire. Maybe water got in it....

Last edited:
    Back