• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Ruby Hack] Pokemon Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
    Years
    I know what you are all thinking.....
    Not another Gold Remake!

But this is a proper Gold remake. I'm not changing the story or text. But I will add new features etc. Originally I was going to make this hack just for myself, but I decided to share it with the community!

Official Information Below.

.::Hack Name::.
    Pokemon Gold (GXVP)

.::Hack Of::.
    Pokemon Ruby (AXVE)

.::Introduction::.
    A remake of the classic Pokemon Gold (GBC) with new features, up to date GFX and the Return of an old friend....

.::Story::
    Same as Pokemon Gold :D but a slightly different ending ;)

::.Screenshots::.

Only two as I started hacking it yesterday!

[Ruby Hack] Pokemon Gold
    [Ruby Hack] Pokemon Gold

[Ruby Hack] Pokemon Gold
    [Ruby Hack] Pokemon Gold

[Ruby Hack] Pokemon Gold

Hosting by [Ruby Hack] Pokemon Gold

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    amnesiahacker best of luck with your hack .Your screenies are very very nice.Its basic and looks very good.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2006
    good work :) .....look very good i love gold i think it the best pokemon rom :)

Years
    Just cool! You're really getting popular in hacks. This is the best one of yours in my opininon. Just a suggestion. Since you're making a remake of gold why not also from the Silver and Crystal? I mean it won't be something dificult. You'll just have to change the main screen and maybe some Pokemon. And another suggestion. What about some names like "GoldenSun and SilverMoon" they are in the third opening of Pokemon so they aren't SO random.
    Now my questions. Since you're saying it's an original remake* (which thing I'm against because if you have the ability and knowledge it would be a waste not to make something like FireRed for Gold - anyway I REALLY appreciate the remake as you say anyway ^^) *means it won't have both boy and girl choise in the start. What about the day/night option? Ruby is a good choise since that makes easier cause or the real-time option on it. And last question (for now :p) will PokeGear be available. I mean it will be some kind of difficult for it to be made.
    Please answer me as soon as you can since things are getting interesting. Thanks you.
    ~Ash_Pokemaster

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
    Years
    Ash_Pokemaster said:
    Just cool! You're really getting popular in hacks. This is the best one of yours in my opininon. Just a suggestion. Since you're making a remake of gold why not also from the Silver and Crystal? I mean it won't be something dificult. You'll just have to change the main screen and maybe some Pokemon. And another suggestion. What about some names like "GoldenSun and SilverMoon" they are in the third opening of Pokemon so they aren't SO random.
    Now my questions. Since you're saying it's an original remake* (which thing I'm against because if you have the ability and knowledge it would be a waste not to make something like FireRed for Gold - anyway I REALLY appreciate the remake as you say anyway ^^) *means it won't have both boy and girl choise in the start. What about the day/night option? Ruby is a good choise since that makes easier cause or the real-time option on it. And last question (for now :p) will PokeGear be available. I mean it will be some kind of difficult for it to be made.
    Please answer me as soon as you can since things are getting interesting. Thanks you.
    ~Ash_Pokemaster

I am using Pok?mon Ruby as it has a RTC (Real time clock) and I will execute timed scripts to add darkness to the game - Just like gold.
    One of the new features is Picking the girl!
    And Pokegear will be returning! (Except for the Phonebook feature but you will still receive calls)
    I am not using a new name as I like the Gold name.

Any more questions? I'll be happy to answer them

Years
    Yep I'm questionfull (what a word~ xD). Will Kanto be available, as it was in GSC? What about the other suggestion of mine? About Silver and Crystal?

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
    Years
    Ash_Pokemaster said:
    Yep I'm questionfull (what a word~ xD). Will Kanto be available, as it was in GSC? What about the other suggestion of mine? About Silver and Crystal?

Kanto may be available...
    Silver will be a separate version. (all it needs is a few wild pokemon changes)
    Crystal will not be produced.

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
    Nice!

Cool , youre hack looks gr8!
    Good luck!
    its gonna be quite hard to add in the poke gear but it will be worth it!
    I look forward to this mysterious ending and the return of an old freind.
    Sounds really gr8!

MAR Heaven

No Comment
    Years
    Well good luck if you need any help with spriting just pm me and I could be a spriter for your hack anyways it looks great and good luck with it!

DarkFear

I will ^^
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 22, 2010
    The day/night script sounds tough. Please remember to post it here when you figure it out!

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
    Years
    his hack will never die. I have though about it since I started hacking and now I'm finally doing it! Thanks for all the positive comments

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back