• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Ruby Hack] Pokemon Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
    Years
    They are the clouds from Gold, they are just stretched out!

Look at ruby's default title GFX:
    [Ruby Hack] Pokemon Gold

Compared to my title GFX:
    [Ruby Hack] Pokemon Gold

Huge difference in layout.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 9, 2021
    I'm looking forward to a remake of the Johto region ^ ^
    oh, and how would you use the phone system O_o?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Title screen

Earlier the screen was basic and very good. Now, it is "stylish and excellent".Keep the good work.Best of luck.Where did you learn this hacking.

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
    Years
    nice hack mon! i dig the title screen mon! (P.S International Rules wink wink) hey u belted us 2004. 2005, it was our turn to flog ya... (aussie rules vs gaelic footy)

We'll just see about that ;)

This looks very good! Can't wait 4 new screenies:D I wish you very well on your romhacking project! good luck, and as i always say... Keep on hackin'

Thanks Li-kero

I'm looking forward to a remake of the Johto region ^ ^
    oh, and how would you use the phone system O_o?

Through Triggers and menu boxes.

Earlier the screen was basic and very good. Now, it is "stylish and excellent".Keep the good work.Best of luck.Where did you learn this hacking.

I sort of picke it up as I went along but I had a lot of help from Interdpth's ruby tutorial (link below)
    https://www.pokedrome.com/tutorials/rubyall.zip (right click - save as)
    Courtesy of the Pokedrome!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    beta tester

I played many pokemon games and even finished almost all of them.If the beta testers job is only to show the bug of the game i will be willing do it.Please give me the beta tester's job.Thnx for telling the source amnesiahacker.

Last edited:

Darkdata

15 year old me was an idiot.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2013
    You did somthing Amazing with that title screen.
    Any chance Of posting a tutorial in the tutorial forum.
    Who knows mabey we will get a better title screen.
    You even did better than kawa on his romhack^^.
    anyway great work I hope this game gets finished.

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    When the time comes, I'd be happy to test out your beta.

The title screen's fantastic by the way.

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
    Years
    Kawa is a great rom-hacker. He gave me the offsets for the Ruby Title map (Tells the game how the title is arranged). Using this technique I could make the sapphire title screen the same as ruby!

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    amnesiahacker said:
    Kawa is a great rom-hacker. He gave me the offsets for the Ruby Title map (Tells the game how the title is arranged). Using this technique I could make the sapphire title screen the same as ruby!

Say, could you even put animations on the title screen using his method? Like Gold's Ho-Oh flapping it's wings?

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    amnesiahacker said:
    That's entirely different. You need to know how to make gba games to do that

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Happy New Year dude! 20 Minutes late for moi >.<

On topic: Ah hell! Twas planning to do summat.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back