• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald?

Which would you recommend?

• Total voters

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Since my DS's bottom screen is broken and I can't play ds games on it, I'm going to get a new gba game (since I can still play those on it)... And so I ask, which one is the best? I was going to pick emerald... but it's cheaper than ruby and sapphire, what's the deal? ...Thanks! Oh, and I already have firered and leafgreen.

EDIT: Should have made a poll... awww...

Years
    I liked Emerald the best. There is plenty to do after you beat the game like the Battle Frontier. You can refight the Gym Leaders in a double battle. They'll have pokemon from Johto and Kanto. Also, you can catch both of the legendaries in this game. Finally, Emerald doesn't have that ugly text font that Ruby and Sapphire have.

Pocky

=^_^=
    Years
    I agree, Emerald has so much more than Sapphire and Ruby. You can get both Legendaries, and some Johto pokemon. I wish I still had mine, but I was stupid and gave it to my local Gamestop-_-

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    I have all 5 games (lg/fr/r/s/e) and the only one that I play is the emerald. I'm working to get them all up to level 100 plus you can also clone on emerald as well.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    Emerald is the best out of the three. It has a lot more features, and you can end up in a double battle at anytime. Which is great.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I would just go with emerald, its just the same as Ruby or Sapphire, expect more addons, and new stuff like Battle Frontier, and New area in Safari Zone after beating the game.

Years
    Emerald would be best. It has more things to do and you can get both Kyogre and Groudon; plus you get to pick if you want Latias or Latios.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Since my DS's bottom screen is broken and I can't play ds games on it, I'm going to get a new gba game (since I can still play those on it)... And so I ask, which one is the best? I was going to pick emerald... but it's cheaper than ruby and sapphire, what's the deal? ...Thanks! Oh, and I already have firered and leafgreen.

EDIT: Should have made a poll... awww...

May I ask what store you have seen Emerald in?

And..yeah, get Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    Emerald I say because you have a lot more events and alot more pokemons and you can get almost(or maybe:P) all the legendarys.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Sapphire/Emerald. Because.. some pokes can't be obtained on Emerald and Ruby so Sapphire may help. If one.. probs Emerald.

~lugialord

khaos

KhAoS Knight
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    How do you clone in emerald??
    go to battle frontier and go inside any of the battle arenas. put the pokemon you want cloned in your pc and save. now get them out and go to battle. after chosing your squad the woman will say befor you enter you must save. say yes then there will be a pause. she will say would you like to save and you just turn of the gameboy.

buy emerald...

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    the only reason pokemon saph/ruby are cheaper is because there are less of them at gamestop

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Go for Emerald like everyone else has said, it's pretty much the works being the combination of both Ruby and Sapphire storylines. And the ability to catch all of Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre in one game is good, right? xD

Back