• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald?

Which would you recommend?

• Total voters

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Emerald ftw. Breeding is faster/easier, battle frontier kicks my arse everyday, and catching more legendaries is nice. ^_^

It costs 21 bucks at Gamestop? 8O After I get some money, I should buy another one for fun since my brother sold his game and my Emerald is full of junk... :x

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Emerald ftw. Breeding is faster/easier, battle frontier kicks my arse everyday, and catching more legendaries is nice. ^_^

It costs 21 bucks at Gamestop? 8O After I get some money, I should buy another one for fun since my brother sold his game and my Emerald is full of junk... :x

Yeah, but I just found this website where I can get it for $3.00 with free shipping. I was surprised it was so cheap!

stella

Love. Honor. Truth.
    Years
    I liked Emerald out of all of them.It had animated Pokemon, both of the teams fighting each other, the ability to get Raquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre.It was fun to play and I really recommend it.Oh and it has the Battle Frontier.

willis_chong

Pokemon adventure games player
    Years
    I also think Emerald is the best.You can have Nintendo Events that can catch Latias/Latios(either one will be the different of the one you chose after you beat the E4),Mew,Deoxys(Speed),Ho-oh and Lugia.Whereas Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire has only the Latias/Latios event.;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2019
    I have preferences for Sapphire and Emerald; Emerald I played first, but Sapphire seems to have a better 'feel' to it. I don't appreciate the new features all that much - the novelty was lost after a while.

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Thanks everyone! And btw, shinypokes, my ds isn't on warranty... it fell on the ground. O_o

Anyways, I'll most likely be ordering emerald tomorrow. ^_^

Skelter

Sega Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2008
    i'm gonna be different and say ruby...although emerald is probably the better choice....

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    dude do you really have to ask?: better grapics,better ppokemon,youy could get all 3 legendary pokemon,battle fronteir,newer,able to migtate,dude the answer is ovious!

Lugia LoveLust

Lugia Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    I agree with everyone else,
    Get Emerald there's still alot more to do after the Elite 4
    & many additons to it too

shevchenko997

Collector of Pokemon
    Years
    Pokemon Emerald is better than Ruby/Sapphire.It's a mix of Ruby/Sapphire.I love this game because I can get both R/S Legends (Groudon,Kyogre,Latias,Latios,Rayquaza).Too bad I can't get both Lati....

Back