• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald?

Which game gene from Hoenn do you enjoy most?

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Emerald

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Which adventure do you like best. I like the Ruby/Sapphire ones best just cause they do Pokemon Contests. Even though Emerald has all those extra features, it no longer has the Contests. What I don't get is why Emerald didn't have them in the Battle Frontier. There were Contests in the Battle Frontier on the anime so why not on the game? That makes no sense.

Vincent.

//**
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    Emerald for me!
    Because of the animated sprites! and the battle frontier too it's really fun and the extras are great!

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Well for me, I'm in Ruby/Sapphire!
    I like the contests, but I also like emerald because it added new extras like the battle frontier.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Emerald has everything Ruby/Sapphire has (including contests btw) and a lot more.

Years
    Emerald logically has more...but I never got to the Battle Frontier...cuz I had one of those stupid fake Emerald games...D<
    So...I had Sapphire...I liked it.

HoneyBubbles

walk this way
    Years
    I chose Sapphire because it was my first pokemon game. I'm sentimental like that.
    But I love Emerald for the calling option on the Pokenav and the Battle Frontier. One change that I didn't like in Emerald was the battle tents. I never used them, and I had to wait until Lilycove City to enter a contest.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    Sapphire, I recentlly bought the game and It says "It's quite rare" so I'm quite lucky but while playing Emerald I see the differences but Emerald isn't that great because It has not got Contests and that Atracts Girls & Gays to Pokemon.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Pokemon Emerald is much, much better because of the Battle Frontier. Adds an extra twist in the game that is a lot harder than others think.
    Which adventure do you like best. I like the Ruby/Sapphire ones best just cause they do Pokemon Contests. Even though Emerald has all those extra features, it no longer has the Contests. What I don't get is why Emerald didn't have them in the Battle Frontier. There were Contests in the Battle Frontier on the anime so why not on the game? That makes no sense.
    Last time I checked you can join contests once you get to Lilycove City.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Why do people keep saying Emerald doesn't have contests? The contests are all held in Lilycove. Emerald replaced the contests in the other cities with the much better Battle Tents, making Emerald even better.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Emerald, mainly because of Rayquaza. But all the updates it made from Ruby and Sapphire are cool also. Like when u r in the middle of 2 trainers you end up battling them both as a double battle. Thats awesome.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I loved the three due to their various plot changes. Ruby/ Sapphire interested me due to the Box and Battle Card e+ that have been released. Even Colosseum has been stirring me up. But, out of the three, Pokemon Emerald Version is the one I loved most, until now (even after the release of D/P/P.) It's been my favorite due to the accessibility of a new area - Battle Frontier. And accounting that the Contest Ranks are all on one roof. The Battle tents interested me as well. The storyline was awesome and the sprite changes made it even more exceptional. There is no doubt that IMHO, Pokemon Emerald Version is the best! :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Emerald. I like the extra stuff to do on there + the opening battle pokemon animations n_n

But I like sapphire too only b/c it's such a pretty color x33

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    Probably Ruby/Sapphire! Because of the contest, but I liked emerald too, for the battle frontier. But I prefer ruby/sapphire:DXD

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years

You confuse me. Emerald has contests. What do you think that big building is at Lilycove? Also there wern't contests at the Battle Frontier like the anime because anime=/=games it's as simple as that.

I personally prefer Emerald Version for some reason.

Back