• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    I may or may not have talent though, that's for you to decide...

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Lelouch, I really like this one for some reason...

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

My favorite, using it for my sig...

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Just playing around with C4D's I don't like this one much...

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Not may favorite, but I love the text effect I got.

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Made because I was bored, not my favorite, but not my least favorite either.

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Made again because I was bored, I kind a like it though, dedicated to .Oblivion, who inspired me to make this gallery.

Please give constructive criticism...

What is this? He's taking... requests? =0
    I have 5 slots, once five people have made requests, I won't be taking any more until I start a new request form.
    1. -[JD]-
    2. chanchimi

If you want to request fill out this form:
    Image:
    Text:
    Size:
    Other:

Last edited:

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    Wow these are really good RyuKun!
    i love the one you made for me if i wasn't using my current theme i'd ask you for it lol
    now the main problem: the borders,its always the same
    and also i like the first Lelooch one,its pretty good considering that i used that render to when i had a Lelooch theme
    keep up the good work

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Aw... but I like my borders...

Maybe I'll start rounding the edges on some of them instead of putting borders.

And thanks...

I totally dis agree with Nazo, and have to say that the main problem in each one of these tags are the text.

This is for two main reasons. It does not compliment the rest of the compo at all (it does not blend, mesh, or go with the flow). Also I find that the less text you have in a tag, the much easier it is to manage. One of these tags have text with a whole sentence in it, or more. The ones that don't have this (the rest of them), the text is just way too big.

For the most part though all of you're effects are really solid, and you should just read more tutorials, and try new styles to find more effective effects.

You really have some solid tags here for a begginer, I wish you the best of luck! And keep on making these!

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Text is really hard to do, I have trouble with it myself. ^^;; Usually if the text is bad, it ruins your banner. D:

But you have potential for a beginner, buuut, stay away from outer glow for your renders, because they make it harder for your renders to blend well. Also, try using more colours, than just one for your banner, because it makes it look bland.

But like what CT said, tutorials are good, and do help you. :3

Like that saying goes, practice makes perfect~

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Thanks, I'll see that I use your advice, the only problem is I have trouble understanding half of the tutorials out there...

EDIT: I am now open for requests

Last edited:

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Made because I had just watched episode 3 of soul eater.

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Made because I was bored, and I found a cool render, I really like it for some reason.

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Trying out a new technique, nuff said.

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Found some good C4D's and thought "Hey, why not make a banner," I don't really like this one much tough.

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Made because I was bored, and had nothing to do.

Last edited:

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    I'll tell you one thing, Ryu: They're better than what I've tried to make.

Tutorials really do help, though. I try to look for them to improve.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    You're heading the right way with effect c4ds and flow, and such. A lot of potential for a beginning graphics artist, here. What I don't like is that your banners look like the render was just slapped onto a background, there. You have to make your backgrounds fitting to the render, and color the background in with the colors that match the render very well. I'll use the Giratina Origin Banner for an example, the purple background was very random. Giratina always had a more grundgy feel to it and should have slightly darker and warmer colors such as yellow, red, and black.

Utilize some more effects, too. Overlay is a great tool to darken / lighten a banner or blend a glow in. It's also great for coloring something in, too. Anyways, the main problem I'm seeing is that you're using the same background over and over again, and the end result isn't always good. Try making some of your own backgrounds with vector / grundge / magic brushes, etc. The c4d backgrounds are quite hard to manage. A good brushing over the render won't hurt either, and helps the render blend in more to the background. Sparkle and magic brushes usually do that the best.

C4ds are mainly used to add flow, and are occasionally used for backgrounds. I don't know what you're doing to the c4ds, but using them as a background sometimes ends up looking bad. For example, the one in your signature; the red c4d turns out very blotchy and saturated. I mean, they are nice effects, but don't overuse them. Setting a c4d on overlay over the render is a good tactic too. Erase the c4d over the face of the render if it's unclear; it gives it a good texture.

You also need better quality renders. Some of the ones you choose aren't good. Go to PlanetRenders for some really cool and good quality renders. To increase the quality of a render, you can use the Contrast feature in the Brightness and Contrast (just don't overuse it or it will begin to hurt your eyes).

Anyways, some very good potential you've got here, and the work is pretty nice for a beginner. :3 A few main points I'd like to suggest:

- Download more Brushes: Make your own backgrounds and brush over the render too. I suggest deviantART for good brushes.
    - Less Monotone: Choose colors that fit the render instead of plopping a random colored background in. Overlay is a great tool for this. Make your banners based on more than one color (I sometimes have trouble with this myself. XD;)
    - Experiment new things: Follow a tutorial to learn different strategies or try something new all by yourself. Doesn't have to be great, but everyone has to start somewhere.
    - Improve Text: Downsize it and shorten the text. Avoid complete sentences.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Here you go Chanichimi, remember to give credit.

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Lucario banner 'cause I was bored.

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Suzaku Kuruugi (I believe that's how you spell it) banner, made for SoTW

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Made for my training with Closer (Aizuke)

KK, that's all for this post!

Last edited:

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Made trying to get into Shadowpand3monium's shop

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Also made trying to get into Shadowpand3monium's shop

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Again amde trying to get into Shadowpand3monium's shop...

So as you can see I'm pretty desperate to get in there, please rate these...

Back