• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    well text is still the same...
    the size could be changed on the Electivire one(maybe)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Getting much better. Don't be afraid to brush over the render with some magic / sparkle brushes either. You can also put emphasis on the render by lightening / darkening the area around it. It really attracts attention and makes the background seem less plain. Just like what you did with this one:

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

The background that is farther away from the render is a different color than the background behind the render, which does attract attention to the render.

Try surrounding the render with something that blends in with the background, or else it looks like you just slapped something onto the background. For example, which one would look better?

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

or
    RyuKuns' Got a Gallery
    ?

Probably the second version. It looks like that you've done more than just create a background to suit the render. It looks like someone brushed over the render to make it more complex. Basically, I just put brushes over the render and erased some parts of the lower arm. It made the render more than just have the same colors as the background, but it actually has some effects that are similar to the background now. The magic brushes over the render are a perfect example of how a render can be blended even more.

Also, see how the background is more white than the outer borders? It's because I want the render to attract attention. White stands out on black / dark blue, so therefore I used white with light blue overlay to make Haruhi stand out.

...that banner wasn't anything serious though. xD; I just made it for an example.

So yeah, try brushing over the render some more and put more emphasis by alternating colors in the places you want the attention drawn to.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    No problem~

And size is only a minor element of graphics making. At this stage, RyuKun shouldn't be too worrying about the size of his tags. What matters the most is what goes inside the banner, and how well he puts certain effects to use. :3

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    That render's gonna be really uber hard to work with, could you get another one?

RyuKuns' Got a Gallery

In the mean time, here's a better attempt at me following Kayashi's advice...

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Awesome. :D Just remember to use good quality renders, since I can see some pixels and noise in between the render's forehead and eyeballs. The glow was used pretty well. Try to add a little more flow with soft c4ds, though. But you're improving quickly. :3

Back