• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Sabrina's Story [PG13]

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    *grumbles* You could have waited with posting chapter 20 until I had reviewed, now, couldn't you? >> Now you have to wait for review of chapter twenty a bit longer. *evil grin*
    Sabrina had said that she would be able to handle him, but something had obviously went wrong,
    Well, Will flirted with her, would you consider *that* wrong? =3
    But Will was already laughing at this point, failing to sit stupefied as he watched her attack.
    Makin fun of magical girls anime= ultimate win. Again. =3
    His trousers were scorched and ripped at points, and Usagi could make out a metallic flash come from one of the rips along the bottom of his left leg. His white dress shirt was now stained with dirt and singed from the fire, and the red bow tie had disappeared, possibly with the coat.
    Hm, half-naked Will= sexy. =3 Very, very sexy.
    "Oh, I know everything," Will responded with a snicker.
    He does, doesn't he? *smile*
    "Though I'd say he's more like a Spanish onion, yes,"
    If this was supposed to be a joke, I did not get it.
    HEART ATTACK
    ....first, heart attack makes me snicker each time I read it. Who has an heart attack now and falls voer dead? *snicker*
    Secondly...since Will gets her powers...and once he says this...I want him to look straight into Sabrina's eyes. Ultimate Psychicshipping hint. =3
    he would not get the chance to harden again so soon,
    ...naughty thoughts, getta out of my head, NOW! >.<
    His shirt was now gone, having been ripped off after being scorched with fire and zapped with electricity. And his violet hair was now draping over his forehead, fresh with the sweat from the battle.
    ....*.* Sweet. So...sweet.
    Will swung around and hit the man in the gut. "I...don't...have...the...time...for...your...interference!" he said through gritted teeth, as his final opponent fell to the ground.
    Five against one= not fair. >> Really, not fair. But alas, it makes Will's victory even greater. =3
    Ajeh, short review, I know, sorry. ^^;;; Next chapter's review might be a bit longer (if only because of jealousy attacks >>).
    And no, I don't care abot Sailor Moon's death at all. =3

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    And no, I don't care about Sailor Moon's death at all. =3

Yeah, unfortunately, he backed down on that. I was so looking forward to it, and then I thought Cynthia had appeared in Chapter 20, only to find out that it was Sailor Moon making a return... big disappointment.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Yeah, unfortunately, he backed down on that. I was so looking forward to it, and then I thought Cynthia had appeared in Chapter 20, only to find out that it was Sailor Moon making a return... big disappointment.
    Sailor Moon does not appear in C20...that's Sabrina. =P

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    ^ even better for both of us. =3
    Anyway, okay, I review chapter 20 today. Sorry, CPF, your chapter will be next, I promise. ^^;;;;

She was in the hospital, thinking how strange it was that their escapades had never brought them there before.
    That really never happens in magical girls anime...weird, isn't it?
    There were flowers. Tulips, roses, daisies, daffodils, every flower one could imagine. And along with that, there were letters. Words of remorse, of hope, and of praise. There were crosses, and symbols from several other faiths. And all of this was lined up all the way down the street, and possibly the next.
    You probably heard this kind of before, but you can really make a character you hate be portrayed perfectly well. Just like with Will. =3
    "Will," she said. "That is what Sabrina calls you, is it not?"
    And occasionally, William. Heh, what does Azula call him, then?
    "No, they're Yu-gi-oh!" Will said
    LOL
    "Unless I were to reverse the process."

That stopped her cold. "What are you-?"
    Not good, not good.
    That's Princess Azula to you, though.
    ... ... ...allow me to make a joke about this Princess meeting Queen Cynthia.
    "What are you, his girlfriend?" Rei asked, now trying to stall as she figured out how she could escape.

It was Will who answered, laughing. "No, of course not," he said, as Azula flinched at his words.
    ...*FLAMES ON* DON'T YOU DARE TO STEAL WILL FROM EITHER ME OR SABRINA, PRINCESS!!!
    Though she should be here any minute, hehe.
    ...1. That means Sabrina is still Will's girlfriend. 2. It means he can feel her travelling. Interesting.
    She had long, jet black hair. Denim jeans, with a silver belt wrapped around them. A pair of pitch black heeled boots. A sleeveless, violet top and a black leather jacket over top of it. And at her sides, what seemed to be a gun holster, a shuriken deposit, or, as was most likely the case, both. Though most surprising was the power emanating from her bodess, moreso than had ever come from her in the past.
    Sexy. Just sexy. B-) And it means she can travel now, too. *waits for ch21 and the explanation*

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    CPF, I think I know what confused you. I just read over the part where Will used Usagi's technique, I can see how one would have thought that it was actually her doing it, and not him.

I will have to alter that paragraph a bit, methinks.

You probably heard this kind of before, but you can really make a character you hate be portrayed perfectly well. Just like with Will. =3
    First of all, I know. >_<

Secondly, thanks. =D

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Oh, I get it now. That woman who questioned Will was not Sailor Moon but Sabrina. For all this time I thought Sailor Moon survived, and she was the one questioning Will. I don't know why I thought that, come to think of it. Well, that's good, she's dead. Now all that needs to happen is Cynthia being crowned queen of somewhere and Sabrina marrying Will and your story is perfectly complete.

Edit: yes, that's exactly it. I read that and thought she was alive.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Oh, I get it now. That woman who questioned Will was not Sailor Moon but Sabrina. For all this time I thought Sailor Moon survived, and she was the one questioning Will. I don't know why I thought that, come to think of it. Well, that's good, she's dead. Now all that needs to happen is Cynthia being crowned queen of somewhere and Sabrina marrying Will and your story is perfectly complete.

Edit: yes, that's exactly it. I read that and thought she was alive.
    ...actually, it was Sailor Mars questioning Will. o.o

Meaning I confused you twice with the same chapter. Sorries. >_<

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    Zammy, you really need to write more about Will and other characters you hate. You do that just perfectly. You know, if you wrote a complete psychicshipping fic and not just this universe stuff, it would be perfect.

Now all that needs to happen is Cynthia being crowned queen of somewhere and Sabrina marrying Will and your story is perfectly complete.
    Agreed. Just don't make Cynthia an insany, cruel queen, please?

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    ...actually, it was Sailor Mars questioning Will. o.o

Meaning I confused you twice with the same chapter. Sorries. >_<

Wow. I have no more words to explain my apparent lack of reading comprehension.

Zammy, you really need to write more about Will and other characters you hate. You do that just perfectly. You know, if you wrote a complete psychicshipping fic and not just this universe stuff, it would be perfect.

Much agreed. Give us the Psychicshipping fic we want and we'll... well, what can we do for you? I know, if I figure out a way to get Pokemon characters to come to our universe, you can have Sabrina. And of course I get Cynthia.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    No need to worry, CPF, apparently, he confused me too. >.<
    (I mistook Sailor Mars for Azula...>>)

Boys, don't you forget a certain girl here? >> Zammy gets Sabrina, 'okay', you get Cynthia, very much okay, if you want to be tortured, your wish, yet...hello, what do I get? >>
    And since CPF will do his part...well, I might add a bit Will torture to my fic. How does this sound, in exchange to a psychicshipping fic? =3

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    No need to torture Will... although, of the "Big 4," that leaves only Cynthia who has not been tortured. And of course, she's just so awesome that she can't be tortured.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Oh my, this chapter will be tieing up a lot of loose ends. And I mean a lot, XD.

And I would like to thank Mary for giving me a certain line that I've used in the chapter. ^_^

Chapter Twenty-One

Sabrina punched the wall.

"Darn!" she yelled out in frustration. Will was gone. After all the trouble she had went through to get there, Will was gone....

Konoha definitely lived up to its name, "Village Hidden in the Leaves".

Surrounded by forest on all sides, yet still encircled with a large wooden barrier, which remained guarded at all times. Though there was an open gate at the front, which also had a high security presence.

Cynthia didn't even stop walking, as she approached the nearest guards. They were wearing what seemed to be old-styled fishing jackets, though they were obviously not used for catching fish. They were also each wearing a headband, all with the same elm leaf symbol imprinted on them.

...Sabrina remembered that symbol! When she first arrived in Mokona's lair, she saw several skeletons, many of which had that exact same headband, with the exact same symbol. So, it meant they were from Konoha, Sabrina assumed.

"Hello, Miss Shirona," one of the guards said, nodding his head to the Sinnoh Champion. Sabrina couldn't help but notice the fact that the man could not manage to look the woman in the eye. As she stepped closer toward the city, Sabrina again noticed the other guardsmen shaking in their boots, or otherwise trying to keep their eyes off in the distance.

They saw Sabrina, and, not having seen her before, hesitated before letting her pass.

"Oh, you can let her through," Cynthia said. "She's my girlfriend."

And once those words were out of her mouth, the Konoha ninja broke. First it was youngest of the group, whose nose suddenly began to erupt with blood. Then another. And another. And another....

And then there was Sabrina, shocked by Cynthia's words. Though she did not suffer the same fate as the ninja, as her thoughts at the moment were slightly more honourable than theirs. But she still could not stop the blood from rushing to her cheeks. What was...what was Cynthia thinking?

"Come on," Cynthia said, taking Sabrina's hand-an act that had caused the remaining members of the security force to reach for their noses in dismay. "We don't have much time, Sabrina. And we have a lot to go over."

And once they were out of ear's range, "Sorry, but they'll be less suspicious of you this way."

Sabrina remained silent, unsure of the proper responce to make. Was this really Cynthia, Champion of the Sinnoh region? She seemed so...so...un-champion-like. But then again, when you live in a place where grown men can have thoughts like...like what she had sensed earlier...anyone could end up going crazy. Later, when things were more calmed down, Sabrina would have to ask Cynthia how long she had been there in Konoha.

The police were going wild over the apparent escape of a prisoner, but Sabrina managed to reassure them that he was no longer a threat. Whether they believed her, or if they even cared, well, that was another story.

The news of Sailor Moon's death had now traveled across the planet, along with Will's name. Sabrina almost felt sorry for the poor fool who shared his appearance in that universe-but then again, it was very likely that he was missing the scar that made her Will so noticeable. So she figured he would be safe from scrutiny. But alas, Sabrina did not have time to mourn, and neither did her new found comrades. Will's business in that world was already a thing of the past, and now he was most likely scheming to do it all over again, in a different universe.

Though he thought he had stranded her, keeping her from getting to him again. He was cocky, and he thought that there was nothing left in his way. After all, he had beaten four Sailor Scouts and three others single-handedly, while he was only in possession of one shard of the Toraifosu. And now, as a result of that battle, he now had two....

But of course, he had not accounted for Cynthia...

"What is this place?"

"This is the Konoha Medical & Science Bureau," Cynthia said. "This is where I have been doing my research on the Toraifosu."

Yes, apparently Cynthia knew all about the Toraifosu, and about Will was attempting to do. She didn't exactly divulge how she came to be in the know, but Sabrina had her thoughts. Ash Ketchum, the Toraifosu-holder's trainer, had been traveling in Sinnoh for some time to have reached Snowpoint City. He must have crossed paths with the woman now by Sabrina's side. And Cynthia must have noticed something, much like Sabrina had, all those years before.

Focusing her attention on the facility, Sabrina thought that it looked a lot like a hospital, or perhaps some mad scientist's lair. There were people in white lab coats running about, several of which were wearing that leaf-cressed headband that Sabrina had seen before, none of them seeming at all worried about the two women amongst them.

As Cynthia led her through the halls, Sabrina could hear various noises. Some were screams of joy, others screeches of pain. Though the rooms had no windows as far as she could see, and the doors were sealed shut, so sound was all she ever got. What have you been up to, Miss Shirona? Sabrina thought to herself as they neared their destination.

"We're here," Cynthia said, arriving at a door labeled with a series of symbols from a language Sabrina did not know. She opened the door, while Sabrina stood there curious, wondering whether there were screams of joy or screeches of pain in store for her as well.

Sabrina went to the hospital with Rei, and, much to her surprise, Yuichiro, the man whom she had attacked earlier at the shrine.

The other Sailor Scouts were still unconscious, and Ami was getting prepped for surgery. Not even Rei was allowed to see them at this point, frustrating her further.

Sabrina looked to her, still in her Sailor Mars form, staring out of hospital room window, looking down at the ever-growing stack of flowers. Sabrina could not relate to what she was going through, as she had never had any friends that she would consider close. Sure, there were her Pokemon, but no one person. She didn't like to admit it, but the person who knew her the most was probably Will. Which, right at that moment, sickened her dearly.

She looked around the rest of the room, looking one-by-one to those people who were also thrust into this little 'adventure,' if one could even call it that: Zoro, the pirate hunter whom she had seen in that wanted poster, pacing back and forth, his mind light-years away from the present; Naruto, the Konoha ninja whom Sabrina had recognized immediately, sitting calmly across the room from her, a meek expression on his face; Rina, the Mermaid Princess of the North Atlantic Ocean, sitting cross-legged on the floor, crying into the clenched fist that held her green pearl necklace; Zuko, a man capable of manipulating fire at his very whim, who now had an arm cast, standing against the wall closest to Sabrina, brushing through a local newspaper with murderous intent; Mamoru, also known as Tuxedo Mask, having not spoken a word 'since,' and looking so pale that Sabrina feared that he was near death, despite the fact that the doctors had said there was nothing wrong with him; and Yuichiro, perhaps the most unexpected member of the group, what with being a normal, human man still in his home universe, coming over to sit next to Sabrina.

"Sabrina, is it?" he asked, as Sabrina turned to him, acknowledging his presence. "Is she going to be all right?" he asked, looking over to Rei. Upon doing so, he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her, until finally forcing himself to look back to the woman before him.

"She hasn't been treated," Sabrina told him. "But I think she'll live." She paused for a moment, knowing very well that that wasn't the answer Yuichiro was looking for. "I've only known him for a short time, you know, but I think she is a strong person. Very strong. Just look at the effect she has on you."

Yuichiro's face shot a deep shade of red, confirming Sabrina's point. "If anyone can get through this..." she began, pausing as she looked once again to Mamoru. "Rei definitely can."

Yuichiro didn't seem to feel any better at her words though. "I hope so," was all he said.

It was a small satellite, or so it seemed.

Shaped like an elongated metallic Sharpedo, with two 'wings,' if one could even call them that, as they were so small, it stood at about 0.5 metres, with 1.2 metres at most across.

"It's a capsule," Cynthia said, answering Sabrina's unasked question. "Made with technology that is far superior to that found in this world."

"So..." Sabrina began. "It's come here from another universe, just like us?"

"Yes, it was found at the same site where you and Mr. Itsuki appeared," Cynthia said. "But not just that. Inside the capsule there were several notebooks in a language unrecognizable to me nor any of the people here. In addition to that there were several other objects, many of which we can't find any uses for, and others which are surprisingly familiar."

She motioned towards a table set up at the back of the room. One was a small black box, with four grey sockets in the front, along with the words 'Nintendo 64.' Beside that was an old laptop that had to have been nearly five years old, with the name "Sony" written on it. And beside that, a series of manga, the top one of the bunch having the image of a blonde boy with a pair of white gloves and a red cape, and a man in a suit of armour standing behind him.

'Fullmetal Alchemist' it was called. Obviously a reference to the suit of armour, Sabrina thought. Though still, what was the point in sending a capsule across the universal divide, just to send a few volumes of some manga nobody had ever heard of?

"There are a couple volumes of that manga," Cynthia said, noticing Sabrina eyeing it curiously. "All of them in that same language, unfortunately."

Sabrina stopped, and looked to Cynthia. Had she been joking? No, she was serious. Upon realizing that, Sabrina could help but laugh. Her time in the Canadian League had finally payed off, or so it seemed.

"Miss Shirona, can you not speak English?" she asked, a chuckle in her voice.

And by the rosy complexion now covering the Sinnoh Champion's face, Sabrina knew that her guess was correct.

Sabrina looked up to find the pirate hunter, Roronoa Zoro, standing over her. He had yet to change, as his white shirt was almost black, having been soaking in the mud for some time, and his pants and boots, which had already been black, were blacker. The green haramaki around his waist was torn, but otherwise wearable. He kept his swords positioned against the far wall, perhaps as a sign of trust towards the psychic trainer. Or possibly just because he was more exhausted than he would ever admit.

"Sabrina," he said. His eyes were dark, but sincere. Sabrina couldn't help but notice the determination in his voice. In fact, at the moment she was noticing a few more things about him, like his large, muscular arms, the way that he held himself, and...No... she thought to herself. What would Cynthia be thinking if she saw me like this?

"Perhaps in another world," she said softly and inaudibly, before looking the man in the eyes. "Yes?"

"I don't know much about you, but it seems to me like you know this Will character, right?" After seeing Sabrina nod, he continued. "It is my priority is to return to my crew, but until that happens, I am yours to command." He finished his speech off with a slight bow of the head.

Sabrina was speechless for a moment, surprised by his words. "When I...disappeared, for lack of a better word...Will had taken me to several other universes, much like this one," she told him. "In one, we arrived in a place called Jaya Island."

That got Zoro's attention, as she knew it would. "While there, I saw a poster alongside a building. A wanted poster. With your picture on it."

Zoro laughed. "Yeah, I guess that wouldn't be a surprise. Our crew is rather famous around those parts, or so it seems."

"So you are a pirate," Sabrina said. It wasn't a question.

"I will always be a pirate, miss," Zoro said as a smile spread across his face. "It's my nature."

His nature, Sabrina thought, once again immersing herself in past memories....

Sabrina didn't know too much about the world she was in, but she could now guess that it was one in which the English language had not developed as much as it had in others, including her own. That is, if it even existed there to begin with.

And she couldn't really blame Cynthia for not knowing it, either. With the exception of the rather recent separation of the Republic of Canada from the Oligan Empire, only residents of said empire spoke the language. And Cynthia had lived all her live in the little northern Japanese island of Sinnoh, worlds away from the closest Oligan outpost.

"Well," Cynthia said, trying to get her complexion back to normal. "I guess I've found another reason why I'm thrilled to have you here with me, Miss Natsume." She was nearly giggling with excitement as she said her name, much to Sabrina's surprise.

"The manuscripts are here," she said, going to a drawer Sabrina hadn't noticed before. She pulled out a series of thick booklets, handing the top one to the Saffron Gym Leader. "Care to take a look at them, Swee-I mean, Sabrina." And once again, there was that blood-red colouring on her cheeks, Sabrina noticed.

Upon realizing that Sabrina noticed her reaction, Cynthia quickly turned away, but not before turning slightly redder. Sabrina shrugged it off, instead focusing on the manuscript. It was dogeared, looking as though it has been written over fifty years ago. The papers were browned, though the writing was still legible:

August 31st, 1939

The air is cold, the grass, wet. The sky is filled with storm clouds, ready to erupt with rainwater at any minute. But what's nagging me the most is not the coldness of the air that I breathe; what worries me are the whispers traveling through it. Whispers of pain. Of sorrow.

Of hate.

This world, my brother's and my own inherited home, is not what it used to be. We are on the verge of war.

It went on like that for awhile, describing the events that were going on, in both personal and larger-scale degrees. Sabrina recognized most of the regions that were mentioned, though some were slightly different from those she knew of in the Pokemon world. Germany, France, and Italy seemed to be independent nations in the author's world, and that 'United Kingdom' had to refer to England, or possibly Ireland. There was no mention of the Oligan Empire, causing Sabrina to believe that it did not exist in that world.

But what caught her attention more was the fact that even the author seemed to be naming these places as though they were alien to him as well. "A place called Japan," Sabrina read aloud, proving her theory to herself. Which could only mean one thing....

When you see me you'll probably just see a fifteen year old boy, without a care in the world. But I am not a child, and I haven't been for quite some time. Ever since that night....

But that is a world away. I'm not sure how, or why, that my brother and I found ourselves to be in this world. But what I do know that it is our home now. This world's problems are our problems now. We can't let ourselves think that we are onlookers to this mess. We are a part of this mess, and we always will be.

There is no turning back. We are here, and here we shall remain.

It was signed Edward Elric.

Sabrina turned the page.

Sabrina walked to the window, standing at Rei's side. She looked out the window, where a series of reporters remained stationed just beyond the myriad of flowers and other well-wishes for the Sailor Scouts.

"Rei, why don't you sit down, get something to eat?" Sabrina asked. No answer.

"You girls have a lot of fans," she said, trying once more. "Even the-."

"I saw her," Rei said abruptly.

"Saw who?" Sabrina asked, puzzled.

"When Usagi...when Usagi..." Once the words were out of her mouth the tears began again. But at this moment she didn't care. She turned to look Sabrina in the eyes. "I saw her rise from herself-her spirit, I suppose, being released from her body. I've never seen it happen before, but I swear to you, I saw it."

Sabrina remained silent for a moment. But then she said. "Some psychics have been known to witness these things," she said, remembering something her father had told her, long, long ago. "Usually those with strong bonds to the person, like yourself."

"That is not all I saw," Rei then said. She then described a man. Long black robe, spiked red ponytail, wearing a dark grey-black visor.

Sabrina remembered that man. She had only seen him for a few seconds, but it had been enough. That description had been right-on.

"What does it all mean?" the Sailor Scout asked, hoping that Sabrina had the answers, yet knowing that she did not.

Sabrina shook her head, not having the right answer for the girl. "Time will tell," was all she said.

Then, "I'm going with you."

Sabrina turned, surprised by her sudden change of subject.

"Not for revenge, I've already decided that," she said, looking out of the window. But upward this time, towards the clear blue sky. "I am a Sailor Warrior, and I will remain as such. Will, and that Azula of his, are enemies of this world now. They have tampered with our peaceful existence here, and if they aren't stopped, they'll return, correct?"

Sabrina had no answer, just an assumption. But that was enough.

"So, with your permission, Sabrina, I would like to remain by your side," Rei said. "I have the best chance of meeting up with him again if I stick with you. And I shall protect this world, with my life if need be."

By this time Sabrina knew that there would be no words that she could say to change her mind.

"And by that time," she added, turning back to face Sabrina. "I'll be stronger. Much stronger."

"Greetings, Miss Shirona."

"Hello, Lady Tsunade."

Cynthia and Sabrina were now meeting with Tsunade, the Hokage, or leader of Konoha. She seemed awfully young to be able to wield such power, but Sabrina didn't question it. After all, it wasn't her place to question the traditions of another country, let alone another world. She was of average build-that is, except for her chest, which was slightly more noticeable than usual. She had long, blonde hair and a pair of golden brown eyes. She had on a green cape-like garment, over top of a grey and black robe. There was a navy blue haramaki around her waist, and a similarly coloured pair of pants, ending with a pair of two-inch high heels.

"Is this her?" Tsunade asked, her facial expression being the only part of her which gave away her position.

"Pardon?" Cynthia asked. She hadn't mentioned the Psychic Gym Leader to the Hokage prior.

"I just had a chat with one of the guards from the city's north entrance. He had to be relieved from duty for the remainder of the week, due to some blood loss."

"Oh, my..." Cynthia said, attempting to keep a straight face. "I hope he'll be all right."

"Oh, he'll be fine," Tsunade said, grin on her face. "Yamato's gotten out of worse. But of course, he did happen to mention to me that you had brought your 'friend' to the city with you this time."

"Yes," Cynthia said, somehow managing to keep her cool. That is, behind that bright-red face of hers. "This is Sabrina."

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," Sabrina said, bowing her head to the Hokage.

"Now," Tsunade, once again looking serious. "What have you found out about the object?"

Zuko was the next to come to Sabrina. He was back in his country's uniform, an auburn cloak with yellow trimming around his wait and arms, with a black jumpsuit visible underneath. Sabrina could see the scar across the left part of his face, but she wouldn't dare ask him about it. It more than likely had some bad memories to go along with it.

"I apologize if I sound rude," he began. "But I couldn't help overhear your conversation with that girl earlier."

"And?" Sabrina asked.

"And...Did she say 'Azula?'"

"Yes she did," Sabrina responded. "That's the name of the woman who broke Will out of prison. Why? Have you heard of her before?"

"Yes," Zuko said, looking to the ground. "She's...my sister."

He told Sabrina about what had been happening recently in his world. About how Azula had been deluded by her father's horrendous ideals, and how she had nearly single-handedly gotten control of the world. About how it ultimately led her to insanity.

"I don't know how she did it, but I can guess at why," he said. "But she's on the loose again, and more determined than ever. And if she's joined forces with that man you call Will, there will be...trouble. Lots of trouble for us."

"Us?" Sabrina repeated his word.

"You plan to chase Will wherever he goes, don't you?" Zuko said. "I can't start to understand what it is you people can do, traveling between universes the way you do."

"I don't even understand myself," Sabrina interjected.

"But when you find Will, my sister is bound to be around," he continued. "And I shall stop at nothing to hunt her down. So, Sabrina, you have my word: until I find Azula, and put a stop to her once and for all, I will follow you, and you only. You have my word as Fire Lord, I will follow you."

"...someone named Edward Elric, who claims to be something called an 'alchemist.' There are several equations in these manuscripts, which we believe we can use to-."

"Lady Tsunade, Shikamaru has arrived!" Sabrina turned to see the ninja who had interrupted her, who seemed much like those who were guarding the entrance earlier.

"What!? Already!?" Tsunade definitely seemed startled by the news. "Okay, send him in. I apologize, Miss Shirona, Miss Natsume, but I cannot let this wait. Could you please wait in the other room there? This will only take a few minutes, trust me."

"Of course," Cynthia said, bowing her head, as she led Sabrina into the 'next room.'

"Um, wait, that's the-" Tsunade began. But it was too late.

Sabrina looked around, to find that she was in a small, dark, enclosed room.

"Oh dear, this isn't the waiting room," Cynthia said, sweatdropping.

"Cynthia, are you in here?" Sabrina asked. "I can't see you."

"I'm right next to you," Cynthia said back. "I can feel your...I can feel you standing behind me."

"What?" Sabrina asked, looking downward in the dark. "Ack!" she yelled out, attempting to back away. But instead, she just ended up tripping over a mop, and falling right towards the Sinnoh Champion.

"Whoa! Don't worry, I've got you," Cynthia said, grasping Sabrina in her arms. Though Sabrina had already gotten too close for comfort, having got a whiff of those golden locks in her face, and she was pretty sure that her nose had brushed across Cynthia's.

Or rather, she hoped it was her nose.

And then, the door opened.

"Hello, there. You can come out of the closet now, dears." It was the Hokage, Lady Tsunade.

Then a worried expression spread across her face. "Miss Natsume, are you all right?" she asked. "Your nose...it's bleeding!"

Sabrina sat down on the floor, next to Rina. She was sitting cross-legged, crying into her clenched fist. Inside that fist she held her necklace, the one containing the pearl that allowed her to transform into her Green Pearl Voice form.

"It was useless," she said, tears running down her face. "Useless..."

Sabrina placed her hand on the mermaid's shoulder, hoping to comfort her somehow.

"The power of the pearls has been enough to protect the mermaids for centuries. We sometimes needed to combine their power, and as difficult as that was, it always worked. But now I've realized something: this time things are different. The pearls are not enough to save us anymore...."

"Maybe not," Sabrina admitted. "Or at least, they alone cannot save us. I heard about what you did back at the beach, Rina. If not for you Zoro may have been defeated then and there. You may not be able to fight Will head-on the way the rest of us have, but I believe that your supporting us has been just as hindering to his plans as anything else, if not more so."

"In fact..." she began, debating whether she would say what she was about to say. "I may just envy you, Rina. You do not have to fight to be worth something."

"Thanks," Rina said, taking the psychic's words to heart, though still questioning their merit. "But still, I will learn. I will become better at what I do. I will not disappoint you, Sabrina."

Sabrina left it at that. She knew that that wasn't all on the mermaid's mind, though she wasn't about to question her on it. In time she'd learn the truth, but at the moment Rina had to deal with her past on her own.

As did Sabrina.

"Miss Shirona, I've just received word of the mission," Tsunade said. Her words definitely got Cynthia's attention, and as a result, Sabrina's.

"Hinata was found unconscious in a cave, not fifty kilometres from the place of impact. The state of her injuries are currently unknown, but she is still alive. As for the rest of the team, most of them have returned here safely."

"Mostly?" Cynthia repeated the word the Hokage had used.

"Yes," she responded. "Naruto is still missing."

"Naruto?" Sabrina said the name aloud. "That orange-clad kid with the spiky blonde hair?"

This time it was Sabrina's turn to have all eyes locked in her direction. "You've met?" Cynthia asked. "I thought you just arrived here this-."

"I saw him, though we've yet to meet," Sabrina said, certainty in her voice. "But I didn't see him here. In this world, I mean."

There was a long pause after that.

"Are you telling me that Naruto was sent to another dimension?" Tsunade demanded of the psychic.

Sabrina glanced across the room, at the boy she had described to the Hokage.

"Naruto," she said his name aloud.

He looked, as if to wonder how she knew his name.

She looked at the headband that he was wearing. It seemed so out of place there in the hospital room, though just a few hours earlier it was her who was out of place, being the only one without one. Well, besides Cynthia that is.

"You're from Konoha, aren't you?" she asked. Before the ninja could ask where she had gotten her information, she continued her tale, telling him about what had happened after Will had disappeared with her. About meeting with Tsunade, and Cynthia.

"What about Hinata?" he asked. "Did they find her?!"

Sabrina recalled what the Hokage had told her. "Yes, I remember that name. Last I heard she was unconscious, but still alive."

"Thank god," Naruto said, resting his head against the wall. "I...I...I thought I had lost her."

"And there's one more thing," Sabrina said, pulling out a piece of paper from a pocket in her jacket. She handed it to him.

Naruto took it, looking it over. His eyes turned pure white, as a frown appeared on his face. And then he began to laugh. "Oh yeah," he said, letting the paper fall to the floor. "I wasn't sure if I believed you at first, but yeah, that definitely came from Granny Tsunade."

Sabrina looked at the paper, now lying on the floor, to see what had been so convincing:

Your like any normal stupid no-brained male! Just because a woman has boobs, you think she has no brains! Learn to respect your fellow ninjas, or you will never be a Hokage.

"So, where are we off to next?" he asked Sabrina. "I guess you're the boss, haha."

"Oh Sabrina, you're so cute!"

"Whaa...?" Sabrina began, a red hue beginning to appear on her face. It wasn't really something one would expect to see coming from an Elite Four member, let alone the Champion herself. Especially if said Champion had just dodged a shuriken that had come flying at her at such a speed.

There she was, standing atop of a tree branch, which had to have been nearly six to seven metres above the ground. She was adorning a pair of black capris, which, despite the fact that she had been bustling through the treetops for the better part of an hour, seemed like they had just come out of the dry-cleaners, and a sleeveless black top, which fit her perfectly. Her full-length golden hair was currently falling to her sides, having been swept upwards from her jump into the tree. And the smile on her face was something out of a fairy tale, reminding Sabrina of the time when she first met her Haunter.

"That was very good," Cynthia said. "But I know you can do better than that." She looked to the jagged weapon lodged into the tree trunk by her side, looking down at Sabrina. She was down on the forest floor, not one hundred metres from where she and Will had first entered that world. She was wearing a pair of jeans, and a violet top with a black leather jacket over top of it. "You're just using the power that comes with your throw. But you are a psychic, Sabrina; your prowess does not come from physical attacking."

Sabrina thought about that for a moment. She was breathing heavily, wondering how Cynthia had gotten to her treetop position so quickly.

Yes, she was a psychic, and thus she relied on special attacks. But then, why are we out here playing with sharp throwing objects? Unless...

"Okay," Sabrina said. "Let's try this again."

"Yes," Cynthia said, leaping to the ground in a single graceful leap. "Let's. But first, how about you wipe that blood off of your nose?"

Sabrina looked around the little room. What she saw were five people, each from a different world, all willing to follow her.

"So, what is it exactly that we have to do?" Zoro asked, looking to the psychic.

"Umm..." Sabrina said.

"She doesn't know," Naruto said. "Isn't that right, Sabrina? If you knew, we'd be long gone by now."

But before she could answer the man, their question was answered, as a brilliant orb of bright light suddenly appeared before them, almost as if it had simply materialized there from nothing.

But Sabrina knew better. What had happened was that it had come from another world. And as the light diminished, she soon realized that she was correct.

"Mokona!"

It was a small white creature with what seemed like Buneary ears, only longer and floppier. It was also slightly chubbier, and with a red jewel planted in the middle of its forehead. It was the kind of creature some people would consider "cute."

Sabrina had a different word in mind.

"Is everyone ready to go to the next world?" Mokona asked. The puff-ball wasn't too interested in small-talk just then, it seemed.

Zuko nodded his head. "I'm ready."

Naruto got up out of his seat, and stood next to the Firebender. "I'm ready."

Rina was up as well, her tears long since dried up. "I'm ready."

Zoro, after taking his three swords in his hand, stepped over to join the group. "I'm ready."

Sabrina shut her eyes, accepting the fact that she would soon be getting closer to Will again. "I'm ready."

But there was still one other member of the group. And she was yet to join the others.

"Please," Rei said, looking to the others. "Can I have just one more moment here, please?"

Mamoru had left the room earlier, and Rei didn't know where he had ventured off to. But he wasn't the one she was looking for.

"Yuichiro!"

She finally found him, out on the rooftop. He was leaning against the side of the building, looking out into the sky. It was still early in the evening, but the first stars could be seen up above the city.

He stopped, hearing her voice. He turned to face her, solemn look on his face. "Hello, Rei."

She couldn't help but be glad to she him, and even moreso, to be standing there as Sailor Mars, and still have him address her by her real name. Rei.

"We are...we are...I will be leaving soon," she said, looking down to the ground. For the first time that she could remember, she could not manage to look him in the eyes.

"Where?"

"I don't know."

"For how long?"

"I don't know."

"Will I..." he stopped, pulling back a tear. "Will I ever see you again?"

"I...I don't know."

Yuichiro took her hand in his, and pulled her close. For once, he was not feeling awkward being close to her. It may have been because he was so caught up in the moment, knowing that there was a very big chance that this would be his last chance to see her, to hold her, to....

It was his chance to come up with some line, anything that would put her mind at ease. But that wasn't him. He wasn't a poet, nor an author of any kind. All he knew were his feelings, so they would have to do.

"I love you," he said.

Rei heard his words, taking them in. And no, she was not surprised at all. Yuichiro had always been there to comfort her when she needed it. She had been mean to him, oh so mean, throughout their time at the shrine together, but despite all of that, there he was, still at her side.

And she had to admit, she wouldn't want it any other way. "I love you, too," she said. "Yuichiro."

Before they even knew it themselves, he was kissing her and she was kissing her, and to either of them, at that one moment, nothing else in the world mattered. Just the love that they had for each other, those two seemingly insignificant specs sitting there on a hospital rooftop in downtown Tokyo. At that moment, it didn't seem that the fate of the world rested in their hands, no. At that moment, they were just a young couple, like any other one would see at the movies, or taking a stroll together at the local park.

Just for a moment.

Rei stepped back, looking to Yuichiro one more time. "I have to go now," she said.

And then, as quickly as it had started, it was over. Yuichiro went back to the roof's edge, looking up at all the new stars filling up the ever darkening sky.

"I will see you again," he whispered into the wind. "Sailor Mars."

"Okay, I'm back!" Rei called out, entering the room.

"You took long enough!" Naruto whined, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, well, I'm ready now," she told him, as she looked to Mokona.

"Okay, all are ready now, Puu!" it yelled out in a way-too cheerful tone. "Everybody, hold hands!"

"What?" Zoro asked. "I'm not exactly one to-."

"So we appear in the same place," Sabrina said. "Otherwise we'll end up all over creation, just like this time."

"Huh? Oh, fine then."

And with that simple exchange of words, they were gone. The world that the Sailor Scouts called home was already a distant memory, as thoughts of what new experiences they'd be finding in the next world filled the travelers' minds.

All except for one.

"Goodbye, Sailor Moon," Sabrina said. "May you find eternal peace."

Once her eyes were opened again, she would be in a different world. A different reality.

One that would definitely not be falling to Will.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    =3 Oh, niiii~ce chapter. Lots, lots of fanservice. Thank you! *bows*
    Though the emergency doctors with their blood tranfusions were not happy to see their stock dwindle...
    Will was gone. After all the trouble she had went through to get there, Will was gone....
    Awww. she wants to see him this badly? 0=)
    Sabrina couldn't help but notice the fact that the man could not manage to look the woman in the eye.
    Either Cynthia did something very bad to this man or...let's just say his mind is twice as bad.
    "Oh, you can let her through," Cynthia said. "She's my girlfriend."
    ZOMGPAJÜAJ?A!!?!="**!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (P*A-ish for OMGYOULEFTHESCENEINFORREAL!?!?!?)
    First it was youngest of the group, whose nose suddenly began to erupt with blood. Then another. And another. And another....
    And somewhere, in another universe...
    What was...what was Cynthia thinking?
    *whistles* Thinking little thoughts of you...
    "Sorry, but they'll be less suspicious of you this way."
    And they won't try to hit on you, lol.
    But of course, he had not accounted for Cynthia...
    Which leads me to the conclusion that Cynthia has some, until now, unknown power. Hm...
    Yes, apparently Cynthia knew all about the Toraifosu, and about Will was attempting to do.
    ZOMG, plot development! o,o
    He must have crossed paths with the woman now by Sabrina's side.
    He did. Twice so far. And hopefully, he does again.
    Sabrina thought that it looked a lot like a hospital, or perhaps some mad scientist's lair.
    Which is, basically, the same. Lol
    What have you been up to, Miss Shirona? Sabrina thought to herself as they neared their destination.
    Well, if she's anything like CPF's Cynthia, then I think she would enjoy the screams of pain greately.
    as she had never had any friends that she would consider close.
    Until Cynthia...
    She didn't like to admit it, but the person who knew her the most was probably Will.
    *snickers* You know, you use hints without knowing it...again.
    One was a small black box, with four grey sockets in the front, along with the words 'Nintendo 64.' Beside that was an old laptop that had to have been nearly five years old, with the name "Sony" written on it.
    Zomg, is that, is that...our world? o,o
    "Miss Shirona, can you not speak English?" she asked, a chuckle in her voice.

And by the rosy complexion now covering the Sinnoh Champion's face, Sabrina knew that her guess was correct.
    Considering how 'English' does technically not exist in the Pokemon world...
    In fact, at the moment she was noticing a few more things about him, like his large, muscular arms, the way that he held himself, and
    *not a happy Absol*
    No... she thought to herself. What would Cynthia be thinking if she saw me like this?
    O,O *surprised and yet suddenly happy Absol*
    His nature, Sabrina thought, once again immersing herself in past memories....
    And her nature?
    With the exception of the rather recent separation of the Republic of Canada from the Oligan Empire, only residents of said empire spoke the language.
    You do not only travel through universes, you mix them as well. x.x
    "I guess I've found another reason why I'm thrilled to have you here with me, Miss Natsume."
    ...great, where's my tissue? x.x
    "Care to take a look at them, Swee-I mean, Sabrina."
    !! A BUCKET, FAST!!! AND WHEN I SAY FAST, I MEAN FAST!!! XD
    It was dogeared, looking as though it has been written over fifty years ago.
    Which it has. I think. o,o
    We are on the verge of war.
    Quite true. >.<
    But what caught her attention more was the fact that even the author seemed to be naming these places as though they were alien to him as well.
    Now I regret never having read that manga. x.x *goes off to wikipedia* XD!
    "Rei, why don't you sit down, get something to eat?" Sabrina asked. No answer.

"You girls have a lot of fans," she said, trying once more. "Even the-."
    Bad attempt at cheering up. Really bad one.
    Sabrina remembered that man.
    But I did not. ^.~
    He had to be relieved from duty for the remainder of the week, due to some blood loss."
    >> Hmpf, why can't I get free time from university due to blood loss, too?!
    "You plan to chase Will wherever he goes, don't you?"
    ...*snickers* I love to interpret these things differently...

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    =3 Oh, niiii~ce chapter. Lots, lots of fanservice. Thank you! *bows*
    Though the emergency doctors with their blood tranfusions were not happy to see their stock dwindle...
    LOL I thought so. =P

Either Cynthia did something very bad to this man or...let's just say his mind is twice as bad.
    He is a Konoha ninja, after all. XD

ZOMGPAJÜAJ?A!!?!="**!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (P*A-ish for OMGYOULEFTHESCENEINFORREAL!?!?!?)
    Lulz, yes I did.

*snickers* You know, you use hints without knowing it...again.
    How are you so sure I didn't know it? =P

Zomg, is that, is that...our world? o,o
    *nods head slighty*

*not a happy Absol*
    O,O *surprised and yet suddenly happy Absol*
    All I can say is...lol

!! A BUCKET, FAST!!! AND WHEN I SAY FAST, I MEAN FAST!!! XD
    *gets bucket*

Now I regret never having read that manga. x.x *goes off to wikipedia* XD!
    It's awesome. You should check it out. ^_^

Bad attempt at cheering up. Really bad one.
    I know. Sabrina sucks at that stuff. xD

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    How are you so sure I didn't know it? =P
    ...that hint was too subtle to be a conscious hint, lol.
    *nods head slighty*
    OAMJSKA=!)!?=!?="=!?=!!!!!! (P*A-ish for: Oh; YES THIS IS GREAT!!!) lol
    It's awesome. You should check it out. ^_^
    I will. ^.^ Though I think this will spoiler me kinda. ^^;;;
    I know. Sabrina sucks at that stuff. xD
    ...how do you kn-....oh, wait, right, our world. >> Me wanna meet her.

Cynthia said back. "I can feel your...I can feel you standing behind me."
    P*A is laughing with tears in her eyes.
    Though Sabrina had already gotten too close for comfort, having got a whiff of those golden locks in her face, and she was pretty sure that her nose had brushed across Cynthia's.

Or rather, she hoped it was her nose.
    P*A is trying hard not to burst out with laughter (and blood).
    "Hello, there. You can come out of the closet now, dears."
    P*A just gave up trying and is lying on the floor, laughing out loud.
    "Your nose...it's bleeding!"
    ...As is mine.
    "The power of the pearls has been enough to protect the mermaids for centuries. We sometimes needed to combine their power, and as difficult as that was, it always worked. But now I've realized something: this time things are different. The pearls are not enough to save us anymore...."
    ;.; I don't even know that universe and still I'm sniffing.
    "I may just envy you, Rina. You do not have to fight to be worth something."
    ...and Sabrina has? o,o
    "Are you telling me that Naruto was sent to another dimension?" Tsunade demanded of the psychic.
    ...well, this is a crossover fic, so...obviously.
    Sabrina looked at the paper, now lying on the floor, to see what had been so convincing:

Your like any normal stupid no-brained male! Just because a woman has boobs, you think she has no brains! Learn to respect your fellow ninjas, or you will never be a Hokage.
    LOL!!!!! Is this canon? XD
    "Oh Sabrina, you're so cute!"
    ....=3 Did I tell you how much I like these hints?
    It wasn't really something one would expect to see coming from an Elite Four member, let alone the Champion herself. Especially if said Champion had just dodged a shuriken that had come flying at her at such a speed.
    The scene is so surreal, yet so funny and cute. =3 I love it.
    And the smile on her face was something out of a fairy tale, reminding Sabrina of the time when she first met her Haunter.
    *snickers* Cynthia, the fairytale queen.
    Yes, she was a psychic, and thus she relied on special attacks. But then, why are we out here playing with sharp throwing objects? Unless...
    ...*doesn't get it* o,o
    But first, how about you wipe that blood off of your nose?"
    Cynthia doesn't need any powers to cause death. Her simple presence does that.
    It was the kind of creature some people would consider "cute."

Sabrina had a different word in mind.
    And that would be?
    "Where?"

"I don't know."

"For how long?"

"I don't know."

"Will I..." he stopped, pulling back a tear. "Will I ever see you again?"

"I...I don't know."
    ...specific answers. >.<
    "I love you," he said.

Rei heard his words, taking them in. And no, she was not surprised at all. Yuichiro had always been there to comfort her when she needed it. She had been mean to him, oh so mean, throughout their time at the shrine together, but despite all of that, there he was, still at her side.

And she had to admit, she wouldn't want it any other way. "I love you, too," she said. "Yuichiro."
    Is that canon? =3
    Once her eyes were opened again, she would be in a different world. A different reality.

One that would definitely not be falling to Will.
    ...hm...that's what you think. 0=)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I will. ^.^ Though I think this will spoiler me kinda. ^^;;;
    Well, the Fullmetal Alchemist universe I'm using for the moment is the original anime one. The manga one is slightly different, lulz.

P*A just gave up trying and is lying on the floor, laughing out loud.
    lol

...and Sabrina has? o,o
    Worth something in the fight. Though I suppose she can kill with her looks, hmm...

...well, this is a crossover fic, so...obviously.
    But Tsunade's a n00b on the subject. =P

LOL!!!!! Is this canon? XD
    Well, it does sound like something she'd say. xD

...*doesn't get it* o,o
    That's good, as you aren't supposed to. =P

And that would be?
    Annoying fur ball.

Is that canon? =3
    Well, they've never went that far in canon. But I think they would have by now, in the 10+ years since Sailor Moon stopped airing. lulz

...hm...that's what you think. 0=)
    Maybe so, maybe so....

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Chapter Twenty-Two

Sabrina opened her eyes.

She was outside, in a forest of some kind. She could hear the birds chirping in the trees overheard, and she could smell the scent of flowers poking their heads out after the past night's rainfall.

But when she looked to her companions, they were all she could then think of.

"Whaa...?" she looked around at them, and then at herself.

She was definitely closer to the ground than she was used to. When looking down at her feet, and soon to the palm of her hand, she noticed that they too were smaller than usual, and slightly chubbier. Have I shrunk and gained weight at the same time? she thought to herself.

She then took her hand up to her head, and quickly pulled it away.

Her eyes were just as big as her hands!

"What's happened?" she said aloud. "Is this some side-effect of traveling between worlds?"

"No." It was Rina. She was standing just across from Sabrina, her long seaweed green hair falling nearly to the ground, and her two bright green eyes looking as large as baseballs. "We have been chibified."

"Huh?" Zoro asked, feeling his face. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me!" His trousers now seemed a little too big for him, and his three swords clunked along the ground behind him, nearly as long as his body was tall.

"We won't be in this world for long, will we Sabrina?" Naruto asked. Sabrina couldn't help but laugh when she saw him, thinking he had been 'chibified' the most. His blonde hair was everywhere, somehow making him appear as a young child.

"Hopefully not," Zuko said. He was sitting there, looking as disturbed as the others. His shaggy black hair seemed to be bigger than usual, nearly covering his eyes. And speaking of eyes, the burn mark on his left eye was nearly unnoticeable, thanks to the sudden increase in ocular circumference.

"This is where we're supposed to be?" Rei thought aloud. It was her first time in a different world, and she was beginning to wonder if they were all like that. Like Rina, her hair was nearly at the ground, and her eyes had grown larger than she was accustomed to. And her exposed legs were somewhat chubbier than normal.

"I assume so," Sabrina said. "Let's just take a look around, see where we are. Try to blend in."

After some further investigation, she determined that they had appeared in a park on the edge of the city. As for which city that was, they still didn't know. Though, like she had in her previous reality, Sabrina couldn't help but feel something familiar about the place.

Apparently she wasn't the only one.

"We're in Saitama," Rei said, already getting accustomed to her chibi-self. "I was here with my grandfather last month."

"No, you weren't," Sabrina said. "You were in an alternate version of Saitama. This place may not even share that name, as..." she began, noticing a Starbucks where the Pokemon Centre should have been. "I believe this place is called Cerulean City where I come from."

But while they had figured out where they had ended up, they were yet to know why.

Then...CLASH!

It was Zoro. He had taken one of his swords, slicing open a newspaper box.

"Now what did you go and do that for, man?!" Naruto cried out, more shocked than worried.

"It wouldn't open," Zoro said, picking up a paper.

"That's because you have to put money into it," Rei answered, sweatdropping.

But Zoro didn't care. "If you want to know what Will is planning, it's in our best interest to see what's going on around here."

Sabrina agreed, picking up one for herself. It was the method she used to find Sailor Moon, after all.

"Al Gore defeats Dick Cheney," was the cover story. Just like had been the case with the other paper, it was talking about the recent American election. But, unlike the last paper, the names were completely different. Though Sabrina didn't really care about American politics. She was looking for something a little closer to home.

Flipping through the pages, she found an interesting story regarding the recent independence of the state of Australia; an editorial on the outbreak of beaver flu in Canada; and a report regarding India's first attempt to send a satellite into orbit, making it only the second country capable of doing so. With the first being Japan.

According to the article, the Russian Federation and the UASS were each attempting to send people into space, but they ceased their efforts when on February 24th, 1974, Masuda Izumi became the first person to set foot on the moon.

And as intriguing as that was, that wasn't what she was looking for. In fact, after going through the paper from end to end, nothing extraordinary popped out.

Except...She turned to the front page again, at the image of the new American president. Of course!

"He's chibi! Everyone in this world is chibi!"

"You mean..." Zuko began. "That's what the Toraifosu is doing to this world?"

Sabrina nodded. "What else. Everything else is shockingly normal. No pirates, no magical girls, no psychics. Just lots and lots of chibis. That has to be it."

Zoro sighed, while attempting to hide a yawn. "Great, just great. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I preferred the magical girls."

"What was that?" Rei and Rina both said in mock sincerity. They were staring him down, fire in their eyes.

"Okay, let us just concentrate on the situation at hand," Sabrina said, sweatdropping. We have to find something that'll lead us to W-."

"Sabrina!"

She spun around, wondering who in the world had been able to know her name. What she saw was a young woman with deep brown eyes and braided black hair. She was wearing a white blouse with a blue ribbon adorned on the front, along with a short tan-coloured skirt and a cyan jacket wrapped around her waist.

"Candice?" Sabrina couldn't believe who she was seeing. First Cynthia, and now her? What exactly was the Sinnoh League up to?

"Oh, you recognize me! That's awesome!" she said. "You on your way to the 'con?"

"Why, yes we are!" Sabrina said, attempting to play along, while she had no idea what a "con" was. She put a nice big smile and faked a sigh. "But we seem to have gotten lost. I don't suppose you could show us the way?"

"Why, of course!" Candice screeched out, a little louder than necessary. She then looked to Sabrina's comrades. "Wow, you have quite an assortment of people, here. Oh! Oh!"

Before Sabrina could ask what was wrong, Candice had ran to chibi-Zoro's side, her eyes filled with sparkles."Oh my god, oh my god! This is like totally the best Zoro costume I've ever seen!" She then made a sound that Sabrina would later learn to be something called a 'fangirl squeal,' before asking if she can take a look at his swords. A request that Zoro impolitely declined. But upon hearing his answer, all he got was another squeal, followed by a "You totally sound just like him!"

Then, as they all started out for the 'con, Zuko whispered something into Sabrina's ear. "The fact that she recognized you may very well be a coincidence," he said. "But Zoro as well? I think not."

Sabrina nodded in agreement. Something weird was going on, and while at the moment she had no idea what it was, she knew that that would soon change.

The 'con, as Sabrina soon found out, was a gathering of individuals of various walks of life, in what appeared to be the Cerulean City Gym.

There were tables set up throughout the gym, with various items placed on them. Several posters, a bunch of stuffies, and a whole lot of manga. But what caught her eye at the moment was a table selling trading cards.

But not just any trading cards: Pokemon trading cards.

"Oh, you have great taste, Sabrina!" Candice squealed, running over to the table. "And they're rare ones, too. Look!"

Sabrina looked at the card that Candice had picked out of the bunch. She looked at the card in amazement, as she read the name aloud. "Sabrina's Alakazam."

Something weird was definitely going on there. Though Sabrina was yet to realize what....

"Interesting. Very interesting."

"What is it, Shefirudo?" Will asked.

Unbeknownst to Sabrina and friends, Will had arrived at the anime conventions about a half hour earlier, along with Shefirudo, one of his newly obtained followers. Azula had practically begged him to take her with him, but Will declined. "I don't intend to confront them just yet," he had said. "This is a reconnaissance mission. I can use my Moon Power to conceal my identity, but if your brother or that ninja see you..." he added, not finishing his sentence.

While she did not like the idea, Azula agreed. So instead he brought Shefirudo with him. She was a servant to a man named Joseph, King of Gallia, a nation from her world. She came to Will's attention because of her mysterious ability to be able to use any magical item in her possession without any prior instruction. And of course, she was beautiful.

Tall and slim, with deep purple hair trailing nearly to the ground. She wore a form-fitting violet bodysuit, along with a black cloak covering up most of the suit. Her skin was pale, most likely because she didn't venture out in the daylight too often. And her face seemed to be devoid of any emotion, and her make-up didn't help that any. She wore a shade of purple lipstick which was even darker than her hair, and her eye shadow was covering even more of her eyes than usual, stretching down to make two tearline-like streaks directly beneath both of them. And there was the insignia on her forehead: it was usually hidden with her bangs, but every now and then Will could catch a glimpse of some foreign characters there, radiating with an unnatural glow.

But she was beautiful. So much so, that she constantly reminded Will of his own beauty in the Pokemon world-that same beauty who was now just across the room from him, looking at trading cards of all things.

"This is me," she said, indicating a picture from a manga volume she had picked up. Will looked to the image himself, and sure enough, she was right. There was a drawing of Shefirudo, standing on the shoulder of a giant rock monster, smiling wickedly as that insignia on her forehead was exposed.

"And I remember this moment," she told him. "It happened roughly two years ago in my world."

"Oh yes, very interesting," Will said. "This must mean that some regions of the multiverse are closer to others than we may think."

"Not just that," Shefirudo said, picking up another manga volume, entitled 'One Piece.' "This is our pirate friend, is he not?" she asked, referring to the image of Roronoa Zoro on the cover. And before Will could say anything more, she had shown him similar illustrations of Naruto, Rina, and Sailor Mars.

"What could this all mean?" Will pondered, flipping through the evidence.

"Well, I have a theory," Shefirudo told him. "But I can't be sure."

"Just tell me," Will said, not liking to be in the dark.

"Well, if I'm right, it's something like deja vu," she said. "For example, while I have never set foot in this world before today, there may very well be another one here in my likeness. Identical in every way to myself, with the exception of past experiences."

"Yes, yes, we've already proved that," Will said, beginning to get annoyed. "What does that have to do with this, though?"

"It may be possible that because we are so similar, our subconscious, or dreams, if you'd prefer, sometimes cross over to our other selves. And these people in turn end up recreating their alternate selves' lives, in the form of fiction. Much like this manga. But master," she continued. "I cannot be sure of this. Not without further tests."

"Very well," Will said, once again looking to Sabrina. If Shefirudo was right, which he believed she was, then that meant that there was possibly an infinite number of Sabrina out there. Perhaps with her abilities, with her personality, with her beauty. But without her disgust for him.

"No." He shook his head. While they may look like her, and perhaps even act like her, they would never be her. Sabrina was one of a kind, after all. He knew that just from looking at her, as that gorgeous smile flashed across her face for some unknown reason. But just as gorgeous was her mind; her experiences, good and bad, with and without him. What Will wouldn't give to just be able to go over there and hold her close, to kiss her just one more time, to tell her that he would never leave her side again for as long as he lived. But no, that was not going to happen. It could not happen, at least not then. Sabrina, while standing mere metres from where he stood, could not have been further away right at that moment.

"Let's go," he said, turning away. "We've been here long enough."

"That jerk! Saying that I didn't look anything like Naruto! I am Naruto!"

"It'd be best to keep your voice down about that," Rina suggested. "Apparently you're a fictional character around here," she added with a chuckle.

"It doesn't stop all these little brats from running around pretending to be me!" Naruto said. "Especially that one," he said, gesturing toward a Caucasian Naruto cosplayer at the other end of the cafeteria. "He kept saying 'Believe It!' every other sentence. Grinds my nerves!"

"Get over it," Zoro said. "You know you're the real one. Doesn't matter what anyone else says."

"Hey, mister!" Zoro looked to see a teenage guy staring at him. "Your earring's on the wrong ear."

"Why, you-!"

"Shush," Sabrina said, taking the man's arm as the others all laughed in unison. "We have bigger Magikarp to fry."

"That we do," Zuko said. "Such as answering the question of the day: why are we fictional characters in the first place?"

"Perhaps it has something to do with the Toraifosu?" Rei suggested. She was sitting there in a red top and a pair of jeans, the only one of the group to change her attire upon arriving at the convention. And to top it off, she was even wearing a pair of sunglasses inside, along with a blue baseball cap, and her hair had been tied back into a ponytail. Sabrina could guess why: she did not want to be approached by anyone dressed as one of her friends, namely Sailor Moon. And Sabrina couldn't really blame her, as she didn't think she could handle such a meeting either.

"No, I don't think so," Sabrina said, remembering the Fullmetal Alchemist manga she had seen in Naruto's world. "In fact, this world seems so normal in comparison to each of ours, there may not be a shard here at all."

"But there's still the chibiness," Rina said.

"Oh yeah..." Zuko said, planting his face on the table before him. "How could I have forgotten these giant eyes already...."

"I'm trying not to think about it," Naruto said, a grin on his face as he motioned to one of the waitresses over to their table. She was a young girl, and a white and blue school uniform, and short greyish lavender hair. "Can I have some ramen, please?"

"Currently not available," the girl said, in so flat a tone she could have been mistaken for a robot. She then just stood there with her arms crossed, staring at Naruto with her big, chibi eyes.

"You're kidding!" Naruto said, looking to the floor. "Then, how about some udon?"

"Currently impossible," she replied, in exactly the same tone as before.

"Whaaa...what kind of universe is this?" he muttered, sighing. "Do you at least serve spaghetti?"

"It will take fifteen minutes," was the responce. "Permission?"

"Meh, fine," Naruto said, as the girl walked away.

"Make that six!" Rei called out, to no avail.

But then another voice came up from behind them.

"Hey, you people! What do you want to drink?"

"Oh my God, not another..." Sabrina sighed, looking to this new person, only to get shocked at who it was. "C-Candice?"

There was no mistaking it: this new waitress was definitely the woman whom Sabrina had known as Candice just moments earlier. But now, her black braids had been replaced with a head of long, bright blue straight hair with some yellow ribbons tied into it. And she was now wearing the same school uniform as the other girl, along with a red armband with the words "Super Director" written on it.

She then winked at Sabrina. "I'm Haruhi now," she said, before reverting back to 'strict waitress' mode. "Hurry it up. There's a penalty if you take too long ordering. A penalty!"

"Oh wow, whatever could that be?" Zuko said sarcastically. "But rather than sit through this any longer...I'll take a Pespi."

"I believe you mean Pepsi, Zuko," Rei said, showing him a smirk. "Not Pespi."

"Oh, right," he said, sweatdropping. "I'll take a Pepsi."

"Order from the Chief," Candice/Haruhi then said, causing confused looks all around. "Wait here."

The moment she was out of ear's reach, Zuko sighed with relief. "You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that girl was the weird thing about this world."

Sabrina couldn't help but laugh at that. Yes, the world they had found themselves in was quite interesting, Toraifosu or not. But still, she knew she had to keep open to the possibilities. They all did.

After finally getting their meals, the group watched Candice/Haruhi perform an interesting dance with two other waitresses. The Hare Hare Yukai, it was called. It was catchy, and most of the locals in the room seemed to go wild over it. In some instances even getting up and singing along. It was quite the scene, Sabrina had to admit.

When everything had settled down, Candice/Haruhi came back over to their table, taking a seat right between Zuko and Zoro. "Ah, that was fun. You guys should have joined in! Especially you," she said, making an 'X3' face as she looked at Zoro.

"I'll never be caught dead running around like that," he said, belching loudly as he threw his Pepsi can towards the back wall.

"Oh, so cute!" Candice/Haruhi shouted out.

Rina laughed at the expression that then appeared on the pirate's face. "Well, she is right, you know. Chibification makes anything cute."

"Chibi-what?" Candice/Haruhi asked, looking puzzled. "Well, anyway, I'd just like to say that your group here is amazing. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you guys were genuine."

"Hah hah," Naruto said dryly, apparently not having caught on to the irony. "I don't look anything like Naruto, though."

"Of course you do!" Candice/Haruhi exclaimed, making another 'X3' face. "Most of the Naruto cosplayers here just have the cheap headbands that you can get at any anime shop. But yours, it looks like it was made by hand, just like the actual Naruto's."

"Well, thanks, Haruhi," Naruto said, the irony finally getting to him.

"Call me Konata," she said, winking at the ninja. "That's my real name. Konata Izumi."

"In that case, thanks, Konata," Naruto said. "I'm Naruto."

Rina then slapped him playfully on the side of his head. "How about you give her your real name."

"Hey, what was that for? Naruto is my real-Oh! You want my real name, eh? Well, it's ummm...it's ummm..."

"Puu!"

"What, your name is Puu?" Konata asked, once again with a puzzled look on her face.

"No silly, his name is Naruto."

"Who said that?" Konata wondered, looking to the source of the voice. And there, sitting less than a foot away from her on top of the table, was a creature like nothing she had ever seen before.

Or at least, that she had ever seen in reality.

"Mokona!" Konata shouted.

"Puu?" the recently appeared creature yelped curiously, before getting a better look at the one before him. "Aaaaaahhhh! It's a high school girl!"

He attempted to bounce away, but it was too late. Konata had grabbed him in her quick, agile arms, and now had pulled him right towards her face. "So cute!"

"Puu! Help me, Puu!"

"So this is the ever relentless high school girl?" Zuko said, holding back a laugh, recalling the moment when Mokona had described them to him.

"It looks so real!" Konata said, poking his belly and stretching his left leg.

"I AM REAL!" Mokona screeched, sounding serious for the first time in his life. "PUT ME DOWN!"

Konata dropped Mokona, surprised by his sudden outburst. Mokona landed on the table, his eyes twirling madly as he let out a high-pitched sigh. "Phew! I escaped."

"That's..." Konata began, watching as Mokona got back up onto his feet, as he ran into Rina's arms, calling for her to save him. "That's..."

"Listen!" Mokona shouted, not caring about what Konata had to say. "Mokona needs your help! It seems that I've sent you to the wrong world-"

"You WHAT?" Zoro asked, unamused.

"And Mokona's friends are now in big trouble!" he continued, ignoring Zoro. "So I'm taking all of you with me to the next world. Now!"

"Your friends?" Sabrina asked. "Others like you?"

"No time to explain, Puu!" Mokona shouted out. "Just hold hands, all of you. Quickly!"

"Okay," Sabrina said. "Come on, everyone."

And seconds later, that recently occupied table was empty, as six people had vanished into the next world.

"Umm...make that seven." 'X3'

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, I suppose I should put a little warning here: SPOILER ALERT! Especially for all you Naruto fans out there. =P

Chapter Twenty-Three

"Umpfh!"

THUMP!

"Mokona, you idi-!"

"Sabrina!"

"Ugh..."

Rina opened her eyes.

She was looking up at a clear blue sky, watching a flock of birds fly overhead. She could feel the grass on her back, could smell the moisture. Once again, they had arrived in a forest.

Readjusting to her new surroundings, she sat up, looking to her comrades. Zoro was sitting against a tree, furious look on his face as he attempted to pull the frantic Mokona off of it; Rei was still on her back, but she was conscious and becoming aware; Zuko was already up and about, peering off into the bush; Naruto was flat on his face, apparently having collided with a tree upon entrance; Sabrina was nowhere to be seen.

And Konata was up on her feet, in a daze as she brought in the new environment. With a big smile on her face.

"Oh my goodness, how'd you do this? Is this a virtual reality or something? It must be, right? I am taller, after all. You guys are so awesome!"

"Would you shut up?!" Sabrina hissed, appearing from behind Rina. She grabbed Konata, and clasped her hand around her mouth. "Listen!"

Rina looked in the direction of Sabrina's gaze. She could hear the bushes rustling, as though a strong wind were passing by. Yet the air was calm.

But then..."WIND STYLE! DEVASTATION!"

"RUN!" Sabrina yelled out, as she and Konata disappeared into nothingness.

Zoro grabbed the still unconscious Naruto and put him onto his back, as he got out of the wind's path. Rina, Rei, and Zuko ran in the other direction, hoping they would make it in time.

"Umpfth!"

Rina, in her efforts to escape, went and tripped on a rock. She landed face-down on the ground, as she yelled to the others to keep running. "I'll be right behind you!" she called out, as she quickly got back onto her feet.

But it was too late.

She could hear an ever-growing blast of wind, so heavy it was blowing the leaves right off the trees, and in some cases, the trees right out of the ground. Rina watched in amazement as a large maple tree simply cracked in half from the impact, as it flew off into the distance as though it were a blade of grass flying in a summer breeze.

She realized that she could not get up then. If she had, she'd end up just like that maple.

But before she could think of what to do next, she saw something else flying in her direction. Or, as she soon realized, someone else.

He landed on the ground, not three metres in front of her, fighting against the air as though it were just a minor windstorm. And finally, after what seemed like hours, which had in reality only been seconds, passed, the wind came to a sudden stop.

"Haha!" the man called out into the forest. "You're going to have to do better than that, Kabuto!"

He was tall, towering higher than even Zoro. He wore a lark, dark cloak covered with images of blood-coloured clouds, with a collar stretching all the way up to his chin, and to his wrists, where there were blue, demonic hands with nails painted with purple nail polish. And from his chin up, one could see his pale blue skin, astonishingly small white eyes, and small slits on his cheeks that almost appeared to be gills. But what got Rina's attention the most was the wicked grin on his face, filled with sharp, triangular teeth.

Shark's teeth.

Rina had seen sharks before, back in her North Atlantic home. But she had never seen one like this, able to walk on the surface.

But more importantly, she hoped that he would keep concentrating on his opponent, whoever he was, and not notice her. For Rina knew with utmost certainty that, if that shark had managed to directly withstand that wind attack, she was no match for him. She stayed perfectly still, attempting to slow her breathing, almost relieved that her hair fit in with the colours of the forest. And for the moment, those little white eyes did not turn to her direction.

Instead, they continued to aim straight ahead, at his apparent opponent. Rina heard nothing of him at first, but then she could hear the crunching of leaves as this new person, 'Kabuto,' appeared in her line of vision.

He wasn't too old, to Rina's surprise, being just a few years her senior at worst. Though, despite apparent age, his hair was already light grey colour, which he had tied into a ponytail. He was of average build for the most part, but there was something horribly wrong with the left side of his face. It gave the impression of scales, and the eye was larger than normal, almost reptilian in nature, with a circular yellow pupil, with the other eye being a normal, dark brown human eye. And then there was his own smile, wide open like some evil madman's, with a snake's fang visible on the left side. He was wearing a cloak himself, but his was a deep purple, so deep it was almost black. And beneath that Rina could see black clothing, with a small myriad of cutting utensils around his belt.

"I think I've done enough," he said, laughing like the cliche villain that he apparently was. "You cannot beat me, Kisame. If you could, you already would have. Am I wrong?"

The shark, 'Kisame,' said nothing, as if confirming the man's statement. But no, Rina didn't think that was it....

"Well, you do not have to answer me, as I already know enough. But I do require something of you, actually," he admitted, smiling snidely as he stepped ever closer to his opponent. "Tell me where Sasuke Uchiha is."

Kisame suddenly started to let out a low hissing sound, as his razor-sharp teeth began chattering. "Haha! Is that all you're looking for? What do you want with Sasuke, little boy?"

"I have no time for games, Kisame," Kabuto said, placing both of his hands against his chest, palms out. Then, a blue glow began to emanate from both of them, as they began to get covered in a similarly coloured wave of energy. He then placed one of them directly in front of Kisame's chest. "Have you ever seen my Chakra Scalpel at work? No now, I suppose you haven't. It can be quite useful for a medical ninja such as myself, as I can make incisions within the body, accurately and without wasting time cutting the subject's chest open. But I'm not the one to limit myself to just healing, you know. With one wave of my hand, I can slice your heart open without leaving a single cut on your chest. Or I could puncture a lung just the same," he added, moving his hand towards Kisame's lung. "Or I could do nothing as you tell me where Sasuke is. Your choice."

Kisame said nothing.

In fact, he wasn't doing much of anything. Not acknowledging Kabuto's words, not attempting to fight back, not even breathing.

Rina watched as the shark man's face began to dissolve, slowly at first, until at last, a pool of water splashed effortlessly onto the ground.

"ARGHHH!!! DAMNIT!" Kabuto screeched, glaring up at the heavens, his snake tongue darting out to taste the air. "DAMN YOU KISAME!"

"You talk too much, Kabuto," Kisame said, from an undisclosed location, laughing as Kabuto darted his head around, looking for his opponent. "You think I really care how your attacks work?"

"Tell me where Sasuke is!" Kabuto said again.

"Tell me why you want him," Kisame responded. "If you give me the right answer, I may even help you take him down."

Kabuto thought about that for a moment. "I...I am under orders to retrieve him. From my master."

"Your master?" Kisame repeated his words. "But Orochimaru is..."

"Not him, I have a new master," Kabuto said, almost proudly. "And he is far stronger than Orochimaru ever would have become. My master...a man known simply as 'Will.'"

Will!

So, this Kabuto guy was working for Will! Rina had to let the others know!

"We already do."

Sabrina!

Landing on the ground before her in a kneeling position, the Psychic trainer glared at the one called Kabuto. "So, you're one of Will's little minions, eh?"

But before Rina could hear his responce, Sabrina sent her a message through her mind. It was a long message, but telepathically, it ended up registering in her mind almost instantaneously. Rina, we need you to take Mokona and Konata and get out of here! I know you want to help the fight, but right now we need your help in a different way. I promise I will teach you some skills in the future, but that time is not now! So go, and don't worry about us! We'll all be back together by sunset! GO!

And with that, Rina had vanished, as she was teleported away.

"Rina, Rina! What's going on here?"

She was still in the forest, nearly a kilometre from where she had last been. She could still see the remnants of Kabuto's initial wind attack, meaning they were still fairly close to the epicentre of the fight.

The fight that her new found comrades were already participating in. The fight that Sabrina had said that she couldn't handle. Rina knew it was the truth, but still...the truth hurt.

But she remembered what she had also told her, looking to the young girl standing before her. She had dechibified like the rest of them upon entering the new reality, but she didn't seem to notice it as much as they had. She was still wearing the high school uniform from earlier, a white sailor uniform with a blue collar and skirt, adorned with the one red ribbon in the front. Her long black stockings had been ripped in the recent dash, but the yellow ribbon in her hair was still intact, and her knee-length sky-blue hair had managed to stay in place, right down to the single strand that looped into the air right atop her head.

She also still had that annoying grin on her face.

"Oh my God, that's Hoshigaki Kisame, right? Right?!" she squealed. "It sounds just like him. I've got to go take a look for mysel-"

"No!" Rina said, getting up and grabbing her by the arm. "Sabrina asked me to get you two out of here, and that's exactly what I'm going to do!"

"Two..." Konata said. "Oh! You mean Mokona!" She winked, catching on. "He's up in the tree there."

Rina looked up to where Konata had pointed, and almost would have laughed if the situation weren't dire. There he was, sitting exhausted on the highest branch, panting like mad.

"High school girl..." he was saying, over and over again. "Why is there a high school girl here...?"

"Mokona, get down here!" Rina shouted, while keeping Konata's wrist firmly grasped in her hand. "We have to go!"

After finally getting the white blob to land on her shoulder, they were off. "But Kisame's that way!" Konata called out.

"Exactly," Rina said between breaths as they ran through the forest. "If you truly know who he is, then wouldn't you be running away, too?"

"But, surely this simulation has prote-."

Rina stopped, startling Konata and nearly sending Mokona flying off of her shoulder. She clasped her hands on Konata's shoulders, so she could look her straight in the eye.

"Look here," she said, finally getting the girl's attention. "I'm sorry you've gotten into this mess, but you have. And you're wrong. Maybe in your world, this 'Kisame' is a fictional character. Maybe Sabrina, Zoro, and the rest of us are all characters designed by manga writers like Pink Hanamori or whomever," she continued, using the author of her own manga, Mermaid Melody, which she had found at the convention less than an hour earlier. "But we are not in that world now. Kisame is not a fictional character. He is very, very real. And we have got to get away from him."

"Okay, you can cut it with the serious talk, girl," Konata said, still not convinced. "If you wanted me to play along, you could have made me Haru-."

"Oooooooooooooooowhoo!"

Suddenly, Konata's eyes grew wide. "Is that what I think it is?"

"Probably not," Rina said, already starting to run again. "It's a real wolf, not a virtual one."

By now she could already hear several sets of footsteps, from every which direction. Except for one....

"This way!" Rina shouted, making a sharp turn to the left. And after running for about another five minutes....

"Oh, no," Konata said, looking what was before her. "You have got to be kidding me. This is the Valley of the End, isn't it?"

They were along the riverbank of a raging stream, just metres away from where it ended abruptly, in the form of a waterfall, surrounded on both sides by immense stone statues, of which she could only see the heads and upper bodies. Rina couldn't see from there how far it was, but from looking at the small trees below, capped with the white foam from the rushing water, she knew it would be quite a leap.

"Oooooooooooooooowhoo!"

"They're getting closer," Rina said, having already decided what they would be doing. "Konata, I need to do grab onto my back now. And whatever you do, don't you let go. Mokona, you too."

"You don't mean..." Konata began. "You're going to jump?! Seriously?"

"Grab onto my back!"

Konata did as she was asked, as Rina made a run for the cliff's edge. "Please, let us survive this," she said to herself, ever so softly, so not to frighten the already terrified girl behind her.

She saw it for a split second, if that: canine in form, but bigger than most of the dogs she had seen in the human world. Long, shaggy brown fur. Cold, bloodshot red eyes. And a scrunched up snout, showing its rows of pointed yellow fangs.

Only for a split second, and then it was gone. Along with the ground beneath her feet.

She could feel the wind rushing up from beneath her, blowing her and Konata's hair upwards toward the wolves' pack. She had almost gotten used to the world above the waves, in the world of the humans. But right then, at that moment flying through the air without knowing where she could end up, once again she was wishing she was back home, under the waves, safe and sound. With dangerous situations like the one she was currently in literally worlds away.

And in their fall downwards, Rina caught a glimpse of the lake below, at the foot of the waterfall. It may not have been her home sea, but as far as she was concerned, it was paradise.

SPHLOOOOOSH!!!

"Rina, you awake?"

She was remembering a conversation she had with Lucia, several years earlier. Lucia was sitting in bed, unable to sleep.

"I am now," she grumbled to herself. But to Lucia, she smiled. "Yep. What's up?"

"When Sheshe and Mimi were immune to our songs," she began. "I was scared."

"We all were, Lucia," Rina said, understanding what she was going through. When facing the Black Beauty Sisters, they're Legend of Mermaid song had failed to work against them. "But, Aqua Regina gave us a new, powerful song," she continued. "And we were able to steer them away thanks to that."

"But what if..." Lucia began. "What if Aqua Regina can't help us one day. What if our songs aren't enough."

Rina got up, turning to face Lucia. "Then we make new ones."

"Huh?"

"We make new ones," Rina said again. "And if they don't work, we'll write some more. And some more after that. And if they're completely immune to our music, we'll find some other way to defeat them."

"Another way?" Lucia repeated her words. "Like what?"

"I honestly don't know," Rina said, laughing. "But if that day ever comes, whenever it comes, I will. And so will you."

Lucia thought that over for a minute. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks, Rina."

"Rina?"

"zzzzzZZZ...."

Rina opened her eyes.

She was underwater, once again in her true form. She gave her green mermaid tail a kick, knocking the rest of her clothes off as she watched them sink to the lake's bottom. She was relieved to be able to do so once again, it having felt like forever since she had last been in the water.

But that sensation only lasted for less than a second, as she quickly searched the lakebed for her companions....there! Konata was just below her, eyes closed, on her way to the bottom.

Rina kicked her tail in the current once more time, as she raced down to catch the girl. And moments later...

SPHOOOOSH!!!

"Aaahhh, Aaaahhh!"

The two girls broke the surface, holding onto each other for the sheer thrill of their latest endeavor, if not anything else.

And Konata was conscious; just scared out of her mind. And Rina couldn't really blame the girl, either. After all, she had woken up that morning intending to go to an anime convention, not to bungee jump over the Valley of the End without a bungee.

"Konata! Konata, are you all right?" Rina called out over the sound of the crashing waves, already making her way toward the shore.

"I'll let you know when I get home," she said, dazed.

"Rina! You're all right! I'm so relieved!" It was Mokona, already standing on the shore, jumping up and down with that maniacal grin on its face. Looks like he didn't even get wet, Rina thought, noting the cauliflower's appearance. She didn't respond to his words, though, instead focusing her attention on getting Konata to safety.

Then finally, they reached the shore. Rina placed Konata on the sand, relieved as she watched her stretch her arms across the ground, seemingly gladdened by the fact that she was now on solid ground. Just as Rina was currently thrilled to once again be back in the water.

Konata let out a sigh of relief, and looked up to the clouds. "So, this really isn't a virtual reality, is it?"

Rina shook her head. "No, it's not."

"I...I saw what happened earlier," she said. "The moment we landed in the water, you...you...."

"It's all right," Rina said, knowing she couldn't hide the truth any longer.

"You stripped! You took off everything but that green shell bra! What are you, a lolicon?!"

Rina sweatdropped as she watched the girl point at her accusingly. She was about to retort back, but she saw a grin spreading across the girl's face. A sly grin.

"Sorry, Rina, but I prefer guys," she said, making another one of her 'X3' faces.

Rina couldn't help but blush at the suggestion. And it had all been a ruse to get her juices flowing! "Why, you little..." she began.

"Hahaha!" Konata began to laugh. "Okay, I believe you now. Not even a-."

SPLOOOSH!

SPLAASH!

Without warning, Rina dove underwater, picked up speed as she performed a three-sixty around the lake, and then leapt out of the water into the air. Where Konata could easily see that she was, in fact, a mermaid. She seemed to stay there in the air for a moment, motionless, as hundreds if not thousands of water droplets sparkled in the sunlight. And her tail, as green as the treetops, shined with an elegant glow that even the 'high school girl' had to admire.

SPHLOOOSH!

And she fell back into the water, resurfacing to take a look at Konata's disbelieving face.

And for once, that is not what she saw. What she saw was an open mouth, jaw-dropped face. "You...you...you..."

"Mermaid?"

Rina turned to see the owner of the new voice. And there he was, standing further down the riverbank, a lazisome look on his face.

Once again, he was a younger man, not too much older than Rina was herself. But unlike Kabuto, this guy looked more 'human.' He had long dark brown hair, which he had tied back in a spiky ponytail, and a pair of stud earrings. He wore a green flak jacket with a black undershirt and trousers, with one of those forehead protectors around his left arm. And upon further inspection, Rina could see that the protector had the same leaf symbol that Naruto had on his. Meaning...

"Meaning one of us has found our way home..." she mumbled softly to herself.

But Konata had a different reaction. "Shikamaru!"

Rina once again sweatdropped, wondering if she would ever convince the girl of what was going on.

"She knows," Mokona said, still sitting on a rock by the water's edge. "Reading facial expressions is one of Mokona's one hundred and eight secret skills! So trust me, she knows."

"Then why...?" Rina began.

"Shikamaru, say cheese!" Konata called out, before grabbing a camera from her person.

SNAP!

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Chapter Twenty-Four

"So, you're one of Will's little minions, eh?"

Rina and Konata were out of any immediate danger, so Sabrina could rest assured that she could take on these thugs without worrying about her newfound comrades.

Kabuto turned away from his current opponent, and glanced at Sabrina. His eyes widened for a moment, as his wicked smile grew larger. He had recognized her.

"Haha, Will was right!" he crowed, looking Sabrina over. "Mere words could not describe your beauty. My master has a good eye, indeed."

Sabrina decided to ignore that. The tension was so thick in the air that she could almost see it. They were just seconds away from being in an all-out brawl.

But in those few seconds Sabrina would get as much information as she could.

"Is your master around?" she said, tilting her head and giving him a nice smile. "I have something I'd like to give him," she added, clenching her fist behind her back.

"Oh, I'm sure you do," Kabuto said, snickering. "But I'm afraid that he doesn't have time for you at the moment."

Has he found Shirona before me? Sabrina thought to herself.

Kabuto then turned to the forest around him. "My apologies, Kisame. But I don't have the time for you anymore." And with that, he vanished, running into the forest.

"Oh no you don't!" Sabrina called out, breaking into a run herself. This idiot was her only lead to Will's whereabouts, and she wasn't about to lose sight of him so soon. Even while she was running, she was doing her best to block out the sounds of the forest, of the comrades who she had left behind. Until only the essence of the snake-faced man was before her. He was fast, almost as fast as the wind. But with her skills at teleportation all but mastered, he would never cease to be a sitting Psyduck.

She could still faintly see where her comrades were, at what they were facing. Rina and Konata had made it to safety, and had already made contact with the local villagers. Rei was still at Naruto's side, and he was just regaining his consciousness. Zuko wasn't too far from where she had been just moments earlier, looking for the enemy in the shadows. And Zoro...Zoro was...

She disappeared in the blink of an eye, reappearing on a tree branch, big enough to support her weight, a little less than a kilometre away. A branch that was right across from the spot where Kabuto had lay down to rest, panting from the sudden rush he had gotten from attempting to escape from Sabrina's grasp.

An attempt that ultimately ended in failure.

"Heh, heh, heh....You're not only beautiful," he said, catching his breath. "You are quite the formidable opponent. I can see why my master fancies you so much."

"He does not 'fancy' me for my skills," Sabrina shot back, remembering her time with him back at the Pokemon Centre. "But that's not what I'm here for. I'm here because I fancy your master's head."

"That shall never come to pass," Kabuto said, regaining his posture and standing up to look his opponent in the eye. "Because while you may be able to catch up to me, you are still far too weak to face my master in battle."

Sabrina could see the dagger in the man's hand, seemingly ready to strike. But no, she thought. That would be too easy. The man's a snake, she told herself. Therefore he thinks like a snake as well.

She got it!

Then..."Sabrina!"

She had no time to think as the katana flew by her face, missing her by less than a foot. But of course, she was not the intended target.

"AAAARRGHHH!"

The katana struck the log that had been flying toward Sabrina, splitting it into two pieces as it made its way across the brush. And in the meantime, Sabrina, having lost her balance in the confusion, was scooped up, and was now being carried down to the forest floor.

Sabrina opened her eyes.

She was lying on her back, looking up at the canopy of the trees overhead. At the branch where she had gotten so close to finding out some crucial information on Will.

She had sensed the presence of the fake Kabuto, leaping towards her with the knife aimed at her neck. And in that instance she had come up with the perfect plan to defeat him. But before she could complete her plan...she was...she was plucked off that tree branch like some sort of play thing, and brought back down to her current position.

He was sitting against a tree, looking at her closely. He was definitely a strong man, and she was definitely better having him on her side. Not to mention the fact that she couldn't help but feel the slightest bit of attraction toward the pirate hunter.

But right then, and right there, all she felt was anger.

"What was that?" she called out, getting up from her unplanned slumber.

Zoro looked over, seemingly relieved that she had awoken. "There was a man about to stab you in the back. I took him out, and brought you to safety. Had I not been there, you would have-"

"Had you not been there, I would have teleported myself directly behind Kabuto, and pushed him in the direction of the dagger. At that point his clone would have been extinguished, and we'd have a live hostage in our hands."

She was definitely speaking in a higher tone than she had intended to. But the fact was, she was mad. Beyond mad, furious even, as she was facing the man whose incompetence may very well have allowed Will to slip between her fingers for good.

Zoro just sat there, taking in the new information. He had a blank expression on his face as he looked to her again. "I'm sorry. I thought-"

"You thought wrong!" Sabrina said, obviously frustrated. But she couldn't worry about that no. No, worrying about the past would have to wait until it was all over. All she could do for the moment was to look forward. "What happened to Kabuto? Did you see which way he went?"

Zoro shook his head. "My mind was set on saving you, not watching him."

"Well, isn't that so noble of you, Mr. Knight-in-Shining-Armour," Sabrina said to him. "I'm not one of those little weakling girls who need everything handed to them. I may not be a big, strong man, and you know what? I don't want to be. I can take care of myself."

"You think that's what this is about?" Zoro said back to her, beginning to get frustrated by the psychic's words. "There was nothing chivalric about it. I saw that you were in danger, and I acted. Plain and simple. I didn't know you had something else planned. We're not all mind readers, you know."

Sabrina took that last line to heart. And while she still insisted to herself that there were bigger Corphish to fry, she couldn't let it go. "You think I don't know that?! Everyday, I meet people, unable to comprehend most of the world around them. Just stuck in their own minds, unconcerned or uncaring about what is going on with the people around them. Only one person had really been capable of understanding what is was she went through."

Only one sole, of all the hundreds of thousands of people she had crossed paths with. Only one.

"Even now I can sense your distress, your emotions, your...your barbaric, male urges...." she continued. "Your..." she stopped herself. She hadn't noticed until she had actually concentrated on it.

He was telling the truth. He had genuinely meant to protect her, not because he saw her as a weakling, or because she was a woman. He didn't see her as a weakling at all. Rather, he considered her an equal. He respected her.

"I...I..." she began. "I didn't tell you to follow me." Her voice was calmer, though Zoro could tell that she was still a little ticked off.

"You didn't tell me not to," he pointed out.

Sabrina couldn't say much in responce to that. Instead, she decided to finally focus on the problems at hand. "Where are we? How far are we from the others?"

Zoro looked around, unsure of where he had come from, or which was the way back. "This way," he said, pointing toward a group of trees in the distance.

"And you know this how?" Sabrina asked him, questioningly.

"That's the tree that Naruto hit when we first arrived in this place."

Sabrina raised an eyebrow. "Eh?" She looked to the spot, almost certain that it'd lead them further into the forest, as opposed to the other way around.

"Can't you use your powers to determine our location?" he asked.

"I'm a psychic, not a compass," she shot back, annoyed at the suggestion. She then sighed. "This is going to be a long night, isn't it?"

Her thoughts then went out to her comrades. Rina and Konata, were they safe in the city? Naruto, was he back on his feet? Had Zuko come across Kisame, and if so, could he handle him? Could Rei be able to assist him in time? Had Shirona completed her mission?

What had happened to Will?

Ikuto opened his eyes.

"Ikuto! Ikuto! Wake up!"

"Erm...what is it, Yoru?" he said, still half asleep.

"Kabuto is comin-nya!"

He suddenly jerked up into full awareness from that news. "Why didn't you say so in the first place?!"

He ran to the bathroom, looking into mirror. His deep indigo hair was a little messed up, but otherwise fine. He buttoned up his black uniform shirt, and re-adorned the the black jacket that he wore over it. "How long before he gets here?" he asked, repositioning the cross on his necklace.

Looking into the mirror, he could see Yoru, his Shugo Chara, floating in the air behind him. He was about the size of his hand, and seemingly humanoid except for the larger cat paws at the end of each of his limbs, and of course the tail. His eyes were a bright golden colour, which were definitely more feline than human, and his scruffy-looking hair matched Ikuto's in every regard, with the exception of the two noticeable cat ears on either side.

"Soon-nya!" he said, obviously anxious. "We'd better hurry!"

"Oh yes," Ikuto nodded. "It is time. Will thinks I'll respond to his threats, but he is so wrong," he said, clutching his violin in his left hand.

"It is time that he listens to me for a change."

Back