• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Anime You Watched...:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    The only Anime I have is "Air: The Motion Picture" and I find it a very emotional feeling in the end

Clannad, Angel Beats, Kanan(Did I spell that right?) are very touching in the end. Angel Beats I would consider to be my favorite Anime ever! The ending was just....very sad for the main character. Oh the thought of how he'll be like his lover, alone for a long while..just touches you.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
    Years
  • Grave of the Fireflies (movie). And She, the ultimate Weapon. Especially the last episode was sad and mind blowing.

eeveegirl777

Haha! I'm using the internets!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2015
    Air, Grave of the Butterflies and some moments in Claymore.

Poor Clare :(

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i never, ever, NOT get emotional whenever i watch metropolis (the animated film based on osamu tezuka's manga). everything about this film's ending makes me sad, like how one of the most misunderstood characters in the film dies by saving his father, the only person he loves.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Angel Beats was the saddest for me. Despite it being filled with comedy and only being 13 episodes, it was filled with intense meanings and depressing backgrounds that you could relate to. It had two different endings as well, both horribly sad.

real.

sea dragon master.
    Years
  • I really don't know. However, the saddest episode ever was probably the last episode of Dragon Ball GT. If you grew up watching Dragon Ball and have seen that episode, I don't think you need an explanation.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I remember that episode. It was kinda sad, but I considered it a fitting end for the series.

Anyway, ep 7 of FMA made me cry. I saw the sad part coming, but still. Made me cry a lot little.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

Gankutsuou (monte cristo)
    ^This. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo was one of the most saddest anime I ever watched in my life.

Edit: Oh and I'm adding Candy Candy to the list.

While it wasn't the most saddest anime I've watched, there was a many sad moments in that anime, so yeah.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Anyone who hasn't said Grave of the Fireflies needs to buy it/rent it/download it/whatever it, and watch it, preferably with a box of Kleenex or a crying bucket or whatever you use when you want to hide all of your sadness tears. Devastating.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Anyone who hasn't said Grave of the Fireflies needs to buy it/rent it/download it/whatever it, and watch it, preferably with a box of Kleenex or a crying bucket or whatever you use when you want to hide all of your sadness tears. Devastating.

Agreed, this is one of those movies that causes a couchful of sobbing adults.

Other than that, Key anime (AIR, Kanon, CLANNAD + after story, Angel Beats), first half of Gurren Lagann was pretty devastating too.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • While its not a sad anime there we some parts of Usagi Drop where I cried.

Xero-chan

Raver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2012
    I saw a thread titled "Which anime has made you cry?" ...though it was locked for being a duplicate. In that sense I hope this bump isn't frowned upon.

Anime I've cried to...one manly tear.

Sora no Woto
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Kiki's Delivery Service (yea, we know the relation between the two haha)
    Usagi Drop (first episode only)

just a few, I probably could name one or two more but my memory doesn't serve mer well at 3 am.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai made me cry the most. It's also by far my favorite anime. Other anime that made me cry was the first episode of 5 Centimeters per Second, Fruits Basket, and the final episode of Tales of the Abyss. I'm pretty sure Angel Beats made me cry as well, but I can't remember.

I'm planning on starting Clanned (which has been on my waiting list for a really long time) tomorrow, and I'm sure that will make me cry as well.

Years
  • Clannad is probably the saddest anime I've ever watched. I almost cried watching through it. I've almost cried several times watching through Fairy Tail as well actually. So many inspirational moments in that anime.

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    I don't think I've watched too much anime, but watching Wolf's Rain and Mawaru Penguindrum just tore my heart apart. I'm sure a lot of people know what I mean by how Wolf's Rain was sad, especially the ending and before that too. Mawaru Penguindrum is much more recent than Wolf's Rain, but it's definitely sad despite how whacko the episodes can be, ESPECIALLY later on in the episodes.

PokeshippingSuicune

This is Kagamine Territory!
    Years
  • Agreed, this is one of those movies that causes a couchful of sobbing adults.

Other than that, Key anime (AIR, Kanon, CLANNAD + after story, Angel Beats), first half of Gurren Lagann was pretty devastating too.

Yeah, I have watched the Key productions and I'm a cold hearted person to only have cried twice...
    I still say that Hughes's death was the hardest death in anime history for me to handle.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
  • Anything by Kei. T.T (Kanon, Clannad, Air TV)
    Especially Clannad ~After Story~ I cried like a baby.
    The song at the last episode killed me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back