• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Safe temporary variables

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Hello, I'm writing a program in ASM and I need many variables for this program exclusively. I know that variables from 0x8000 to 0x8007 are safe, I'm pretty sure of that but are there more variables ? Can I use variable 0x8008 ? How many variables (adresses) can I use in an ASM program, for a temporary usage ?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Hello, I'm writing a program in ASM and I need many variables for this program exclusively. I know that variables from 0x8000 to 0x8007 are safe, I'm pretty sure of that but are there more variables ? Can I use variable 0x8008 ? How many variables (adresses) can I use in an ASM program, for a temporary usage ?

if you're not looking to interact with a script, then there's no reason to use a variable at all when you could just use free ram space

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    I am working with a script. And I'm looking for free ram space, but I don't know where to write. I need to know where it is safe to write data. Variable = ram space, it's basically the same thing, it's memory.

Back