• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Same Pokemon --- Different Cards? ---- Delta Species?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Hey PC!
    With TCG I have noticed that there are cards that have the same pokemon on them but different pictures? Are they from different sets? Or is one fake and is one real?

Also, I have noticed for example, legendary cards have a picture background to look shiny but arent. (Have dots and illistrated shiny particles but are not shiny)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    There certainly are different pictures for each set, for example there are approximately 47 different English Pikachu cards, not including Japanese cards and some promo's, and they are all perfectly legitimate even though they have different images and text. They're just from different sets and promotional events. Cards that say delta species are from sets like Holon Phantoms, where they decided to add that as part of the cards in the set. I believe it meant the Pokemon in the card was given a different type than usual, like how one of the Pikachu's was steel type instead of electric.
    Not really sure what you mean by the legendary backgrounds, could you explain that a little more?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I will use the example card here:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I don't understand... that card *is* shiny, the background is holographic. That's what the average holo card looks like, it's kind of a "flat" shininess all around with all those little sparkly circles dotting it. That card in your post is certainly not fake.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • No. I am not quite sure if you are catching my drift.
    I have cards that are completely not shiny, but have those dots ion the background of the picture.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    It's hard to say then, it could be that they are fake or it could be that the rest of the holo part is too hard to discern. I do know of a Zapdos card I have that seems like it's non-holograpic except for the lightning bolts in the background; however, it is holographic and the rest of the foil is just really impossible to see. There are other methods for determining if the card is fake, and you might just have to use one of those. As far as I know, if a card is holographic the whole background image is holographic in some way.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • From the picture it looks as if it is real, but if it isn't holographic at all then it's a fake. The Blastoise from that set doesn't come in a non-holgraphic form. Or maybe it's an error, if there are no other clues on it.

Back