• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Saphron's Crappy Art

Saphron

Suit Dragon
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 23, 2023
WARNING: I'm furry trash.

Here I will dump all the cartoon stuff I make cuz why not.

Not sure if like one image of a shirtless bull guy and Goron guy is "mature" or not but I'll mark my stuff just to be safe.

[FONT=Droid Sans, Helvetica, Verdana]

Warning!
this image contains mature content!
[/font]​
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, I love it when people do OC redraws over the span of a few years / months. And don't worry, none of this here I'd classify as mature. I don't think anyone minds a few sexy bullmen and scalies now and again lol.

Your art is very symmetrical, is that a stylistic choice or are you using the flip horizontal tool? No judgement I do it too, aha, I'm just curious! Another thing I notice is that your art has very minimal shading. I think you should try to explore more dynamic shading / highlighting options, like you did in the Rose Quartz redraw!

Saphron

Suit Dragon
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 23, 2023
I use Clip Studio Paint's symmetry tool, yes. As for shading, I'm usually too lazy to do it most of the time, heh. Plus I go for a flat color cartoon look anyway.

Years
You have a really charming art style. Its hard not to smile looking at it.
I do agree that you should explore some more dynamic shading though. It might be worth it to practice without using the flip too as it will give you greater freedom for posing your characters and sometimes things being too perfectly symmetrical can be a bit off-putting.

I love Greg the Quagsire. He looks like a lovable dork.

Saphron

Suit Dragon
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 23, 2023
Got some more stuff to show that I didn't put in the initial post.

Spoiler:

Back