• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saving again and again...

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    dont feel to bad most the time when i save/ go to save im not paying attention to my game anymore so when i look at it i wonder if i did save or just was thinking about it and then i save again.

Haha, this is exactly what I do. D:

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I multi-task all the time. I save three or four times before I realize that I saved because I'm not paying attention to the game. Power leveling and legendary hunting consume almost all of my post Elite Four time, so I'm usually doing something else while I play.

Gilgαmesh

Yes. I have a terrible habit of doing this. After I save once, I try to convince myself that it possibly hasn't saved, or I might not have been paying attention much or anything, so I save again immediately afterwards. I only do it about two to three times though if I'm really unsure. D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I do this all the time. See, I don't have the best memory and sometimes after I save, especially if I'm really distracted with something else, I don't always remember saving, so I'll go back and do it again. I get really paranoid, so I make sure that I've saved and saw it save, especially if I go to turn my DS off.

Years
    Yes. I have a terrible habit of doing this. After I save once, I try to convince myself that it possibly hasn't saved, or I might not have been paying attention much or anything, so I save again immediately afterwards. I only do it about two to three times though if I'm really unsure. D:

Lol, I do the same exact thing. XD If I wasn't looking at the screen while it was saving, I instantly assume that it hasn't saved at all. ><

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I save at least twice when I'm saving a game. Usually, it's because I've forgotten or I just don't want to take any chances. Unless I just came out of the Wifi or the Union room. I just turn it off.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I save it when I am ready to quit and at a good stopping point.

I only save it once, but I should start saving twice.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Yeah, I do that too. Sometimes I even save it again when I do know I've saved it, just because I don't trust the game enough.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I do that very often, I always have to hear the beep and if I don't hear it (like I went away for a second while it was saving) I'll just have to save it again.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Although, back before I beat the game, I never saved before important battles. To me, that was like cheating. I regretted it during the double battle with your Rival, though. My levels were like... Early 60s. All his Pokemon fainted in 1 hit.

I was like "...Well, this is going to be quite beautiful." and proceeded to spam Revives/Max Revives/Revival Herbs and Hyper Potions/Full Restores. I managed to win, but it was mostly due to some lucky critical hits and item spam.

Then I proceeded to go to the E4, and own Lance's mysteriously de-leveled Pokemon just for the sake of my sanity. >_>

In any case, this is getting pretty off topic... Let's just say I have weird saving habits and be done with it!

That made me think WTF too :L I was like "this is going to be cake" and then minutes later I'm trying to take them down pretty much single handedly :L

When I was small I used to think healing my Pokémon was saving *facepalm* But I save in Pokémon centres overnight. A bit like the anime. I wouldnt want to make my trainer sleep out in the middle of a route. I once saved outside Snowpoint and woke up in the morning thinking "Omg what if they got hypothermia?" and a split second later realised it's a game for the love of Arceus.

I also tend to save twice in a row but not always. :P

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Hahaha! Oh my god, I thought I was the only one! I do the exact same thing. I'll save, then forget I saved, then save again, and maybe a third time just to be sure. This happens a lot especially after something good happens in the game. XD

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I always save frequently...
    1. Before Important battles that I know I might not win.
    2. When by Battery is running low
    3. When playing ROMs like Black And White on an Emulator.

Voul

S u p p o r t i n g [M e]
    Years
    I don't know if this is only me but after you have saved your game do you sometimes save it again because you have forgotten if you saved the first time and don't want to risk it? For me it happens a lot and sometimes I end up saving the game 2-4 times which shows the quality of my short term memory. I also tend to do this at Pokemon Centers to.
    I get that feeling at times too.
    Espescially when you're doing something important like,
    Leveling up,
    Catching a rare pokemon,
    Doing some sort of event,
    etc.

Then the net thing you know when you turn off your game. Oops! You forgot to save!

So I guess it ian't a bad thing to save more than once. Just to be sure.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I wish I only did that when saving my Pokemon games. I tend to check everything I do at least ten times before moving on.
    Some examples:

-Getting up from my bed, and coming to my desk to check if the alarm on my DS is on.
    -Getting up again, to check if the sound is on
    -Unlocking and re-locking a door to make sure it is locked
    -Going from one end of my secret base to the other on a Minecraft server, to make sure I have sealed the entrance and nobody can enter. This is particularly annoying, since I always make my bases incredibly hard to navigate, and even now that I know the layout, they are huge time-wasting mazes.
    -Visiting my profile to reset my current action, and conceal my stalking even though chances are nobody will care what my current action is
    -Quadruple-checking every post I make to ensure no mistake has slipped in. This, added to how I often will go and look up various sources to prepare my post on a very simple topic, just to make my point, can prove to be an incredible time-waster.

Back