• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SC Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Exactly what I thought, as soon as I saw Trainer cards and Comics in the same forum, I though: Nice way to totally kill the comics off.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
I know, it was better when they were seperate. Most of the good comics were deleted, and now what's left of them are going to be buried unterneath a quagmire of threads devoted to idiots who can't function unless they have a trainer card in their signature.

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
idiots who can't function unless they have a trainer card in their signature.
ouch

A while back, i used to look at both of the forums, admiring work. I think that they could coexist. While TCs may get more posts, SCs get a sort of following that will help them stay active, or at least popular.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
Hremm.
Well, not it actually seems as if comics (when you can find them) are a bit more active, and due to the joining rule, this will probably decline or enlarge. Who knows? Either people will want to make comics so people will join their, or people will just wait for a comic to pop up and join it.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Angel of Twilight? That's a cool replacement name (Before that you was Astral Maelstrom, and before that you were C. Salamence right?).

Jedite, depends if you want a simple comic or full blown FX. Programs like Photoshop and GIMP are good.

Anyway, for those who may or may not care, I am bringing Pokemon KD back, and hopefully it will be a permanent revival (Unlike previous attempts). I know I posted the same news a few pages ago, and this time, I probably mean it (And then some).

Later.

[NovaPirate]

Years
Good to hear it. Thanks for the compliment as well. I look forward to see KD again.

And yes, you got the name chain right.
I don't think I'll start SC's again. I have around 15 failed projects lying around in folders. I have a bunch of maps though..

I use Paint, Jedite.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Just for you Angel Of Twilight (And any other readers of KD), I might show you all what how the cast looks now.

6ft5irn

Left to right is Jay, Angel, Cyrus, Elektra and Sam.

Enjoy!

EDIT: How the cast used to look is here:

4r76ejo

I tried to change as much as I could, but still stay true to how they once looked.

[NovaPirate]

Years
Seems like you've only changed palettes.
They still look better though.

Jay= Main Character
Angel= Someone Jay meets. Ex-Rocket?
Cyrus= Elektras bodygaurd, right?
Elektra: Meets Jay while in Route 1.
Sam: Bugcatcher..

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Seems like you've only changed palettes.
They still look better though.

Jay= Main Character
Angel= Someone Jay meets. Ex-Rocket?
Cyrus= Elektras bodygaurd, right?
Elektra: Meets Jay while in Route 1.
Sam: Bugcatcher..

Yeah you're pretty much right there. It's actually more like:

Jay: Main Character
Angel: Con Artist that poses as Rocket
Cyrus: Elektra's bodyguard
Elektra: Daughter of rich oil tycoon, meets Jay in Viridian City
Sam: Head of Bug Catcher's Union in Viridian Forest

But, yeah, good guesses.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Just read all of KD >.<

Whew.. Well, I'm caught up. Will you be continuing it, or remaking it?

I will start by continuing it from where it picked off, but make several comics which recap the basic events for new readers. After a while of boredom, I might remake the old ones all over again with awesome new graphics and stuff (Since I've improved so much better since when I started).

I might have to kind of give a soft reset to the whole comic, because Team Rocket is stupid, and I need some kind of new evil organisation with a similar objective (Shadow Pokemon and all).

'Till then.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
It looks good. You used some original map in the last 4, frame size is good, sprites look fairly original (With the exception of the Clair recolour) with no mixed styles or anything too bad, speech bubbles are pretty well done too.

It is a little confusing without a prologue, but I can guess some plot details:

- The red head is an amnesiac

- That enemy ship is going to destroy the one with Wes, Claire and the two cops on it

- Some kind of reunion of strong Pokemon trainers?

Hope some more comes of this...

P.S. : Woo-hoo! Inspiration vote.

Milosh

The Twilight Rose
Years
Well now It seems I come and go like the seasons... I might be back but first I need some help from you guys. Gimme a suggestion for a photoshop program that is cheap but good.

If and when I continue comic making, they'll be even neater than before. consistent bubbles with speakers' names in it. Not to mention I might dive into grabbing back grounds from other games. And hopefully I'll get the colors right.
xD

One more thing, if anyone has or knows where to get complete sets of OW of the Johto gymleaders, it would be a big help.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Avatar made them, but you'll have to get his permission to use them.
Just PM him and he should tell you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back