• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School

Dawn Rules

<--- Dawn Strong, Smart & Sexy
    Years
    You never see schools on pokemon only Pokemon schools so if they dont go to school how can they be smart and know stuff?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    It's a fantasy game, you can't expect everything to make sense. XD

...besides, who needs knowledge of boring topics like math, science, language, and social studies when you can be battling with super special awesome pocket monsters!!! :D

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I'm sure they learn that stuff somewhere, somehow..

have you ever heard of UNSCHOOLING? look it up, I'm sure it could be something like that.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
    I think Society and life in Pokemon is completely different! In a good way.
    They go all natural, no schools, and complete choice. As you can see, they have TVs and big corporations so there must be ways to become a lawyer/scientist/doctor and such but maybe if you choose to theres a certain place? Not a school...but maybe like Apprenticeship? But There are trainer schools. And they might not show everywhere? So there are schools but not visible? hehe.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    There's no need for normal education~ Pokémon is where all the money is. xD Most professions seem to center around the use of Pokémon, so Pokémon training as a child probably serves to ultimately let you find what Pokémon you would want to do an actual job with.

Pokémon schools probably teach the same subjects you'd expect, but just in relation to Pokémon, since nothing else matters~ Pokémon and science almost go hand-in-hand. History and social sciences would mainly be about Pokémon and human interaction. As for actual literature, you have Prof. Oaks poetry to sit through. o.o

The only thing that probably can't be connected to Pokémon is Math, but that's what a Pokétch is for. xD

Have a job to do? There's a Pokémon for that~

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    I have a question, did any players actually learn anything from Poke-school they didn't already know? I mean by the time I got to Pokeschool the first time I played Pokemon, I already knew pretty much everything they could teach.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Muk this, we better instore a free medical center that will cost alot of money on electricity and technology to heal POKEMANZ and clone hundreds of sexy womans to make them work there as nurses instead of building something like what? A SCHOOL?

who cares, it's all about pokemanz!!

oh and I have an idea let's do the same thing for national security

can't wait to be arrested O3O

they should so do this, great idea :P

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    They incorporate it with pokemon.

Example: Pokemon Reproduction Lesson

Teacher: Okay! Today we will be battling with starter pokemon! Lets do it!!!!

::::5 minutes later in gym::::

Teacher: Okay kids remember Mudkip doesn't learn Mud shot till it evolves into Marshtomp so don't call out that move in battle, and while we're already on that subject did you know that mudkips reproduce by having a special, fluid-like substance sprayed on the female's fin?

Student: Ohhh, so is that what that big thing on its head is for? O_O

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Everyone in the Pokemon universe is actually a genius, they require absolutely no formal education because their problem solving skills are so great that they create the knowledge required to be lawyers, scientists, doctors, and nurses. Clearly that is the only logical choice... I mean as the game clearly says, Welcome to the world of Pokemon... Who gives a crap about the humans XD

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    ...besides, who needs knowledge of boring topics like math, science, language, and social studies when you can be battling with super special awesome pocket monsters!!! :D

That was cool, I really lol'ed at it.

Well, we all have basic knowledge so as they too have and BTW, it's just a game.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    A lot of people in the Pokemon world seem to learn by doing. It's always been the best way to learn. There are trainer schools - but even they encourage you to go out and try things out for yourself. Pokemon world is very practical, it seems.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Timbjerr said:
    It's a fantasy game, you can't expect everything to make sense. XD

^ this. That's precisely what I think about it. xD;

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Everyone in the Pokemon universe is actually a genius, they require absolutely no formal education because their problem solving skills are so great that they create the knowledge required to be lawyers, scientists, doctors, and nurses. Clearly that is the only logical choice... I mean as the game clearly says, Welcome to the world of Pokemon... Who gives a crap about the humans XD

What about the losers like Jesse and James? If they were intelligient they would have definitely caught pikachu for good by now. I mean it's been over 11-12 years since the anime started and they're still using their same, predictable techniques :P.

Back