• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Science, Fiction Or Non-Fiction?

Years
    Hiyori-chan said:
    Don't post if you have nothing to contribute, then. It equates to spam. ^^;

-shrugs- I have a... weird sort of hybrid of beliefs. xD Mine's built upon science and religion... o_O;

bna_li - Maybe I misunderstood you, but... o.O Sure, there could have been evolution before Earth. On other planets... o.o
    Well, I don't believe in aliens yet, girl, but, yeah, there could be evolution there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    How do you know that humans are the most advanced?

Now, when it comes to technology, humans are very advanced, but when it comes to mentallity and the choices they make.... ______________

Aliens could be more intelligent than us, and I'm not talking about technology.

McGraw

hoppipola
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    Krafty Quill said:
    A "wise" man once told me, that, with regard to our purpose on this planet, Science attempts to our questions of "How", while religion answers our "Why" questions.

Why must a reason/purpose for life necessarily exist? Besides, science provides an answer; to pass on your genetic material to the next generation. I venture that you're probably looking for something more meaningful. If you look for something abstract and you want to find it, you will invariably find an answer. Conveniently, here is where religion steps in; it answers nothing conclusively except for the human need for comfort.

Red530 said:
    Now, when it comes to technology, humans are very advanced, but when it comes to mentallity and the choices they make.... ______________

Only a highly developed brain is capable of irrationality.

Red530 said:
    Aliens could be more intelligent than us, and I'm not talking about technology.

A moot point.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    Yeah, very moot. XD Ah wells...

Thing is that we'll never know until we really know. 0_0

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    No. I mean when it comes to choices and wars and violence.

It might sound crazy but it may be true.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Some things in this universe probably just aren't meant to be found out about...

I believe in the Big Bang (makes more sense than the Creation even though I'm a Christian) and evolution (again, makes more sense). May not be true but tough, that's what I believe in. And I also believe in aliens. But not the ones that are green and have three eyes, no. Ones that are just like us.

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    Bart-kun said:
    Some things in this universe probably just aren't meant to be found out about...

I believe in the Big Bang (makes more sense than the Creation even though I'm a Christian) and evolution (again, makes more sense). May not be true but tough, that's what I believe in. And I also believe in aliens. But not the ones that are green and have three eyes, no. Ones that are just like us.

Just like us? But wouldn't that be more weird? :\

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Krafty Quill said:
    Just like us? But wouldn't that be more weird? :\

Well duh. I can't really find a reason why they wouldn't be different from us. ...Maybe they breathe in hydrogen or something minor like that.

But the universe is huge. It'll probably take us a few hundred or thousand years to find some life form in some distant galaxy, but heck it's possible.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    I totally agree with you Bart-kun, when it comes to the Big Bang and Evolution.

Back