• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scizor strikes again

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
    Hey guys, so I decided to make another OU team because the last one got boring. So here it is, it's been doing good so far on the Smogon server and I'd like to get some suggestions on it. Here goes...

Quick Glance:
    Scizor strikes again
    |
    Scizor strikes again
    |
    Scizor strikes again
    |
    Scizor strikes again
    |
    Scizor strikes again
    |
    Scizor strikes again

Scizor strikes again

Empoleon @ Focus Sash
    Modest
    Torrent
    156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
    - Hydro Pump
    - Aqua Jet
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam

So here's my lead. I chose Empoleon mainly because of it's typing. With Empoleon, I can take out many of the common leads. I try to set up Stealth Rocks on the first turn. Once the rocks are up, I either sweep whatever lead is out, or switch to a counter. Against Aerodactyl leads, I Hydro Pump first to take it out, because they usually carry Taunt. I'm considering on replacing this guy with a Donphan lead, but I'd like some input before doing so.

Scizor strikes again

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive
    Blaze
    64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Flamethrower
    - Close Combat
    - Grass Knot

This is the Nasty Plot set for Infernape. I chose this set because my most important team members are physically based, so I needed some that can use Special attacks so I don't get walled by a phys. wall (i.e. Hippowdon). I usually get a Nasty Plot in by forcing a switch. Then I just begin sweeping with Flamethrower on Steels and anything else that is weak to it. Grass Knot is very useful in taking out Grounds and Swampert. Infernape's also my answer to Blissey who can be a pain in the @$$.

Scizor strikes again

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    Sand Stream
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Punch

Tyranitar is my physical sweeper. His main job is to get everything ready for Scizor by weakening as many Pokemon as he can. He Dragon Dances on the switch, and then start pounding away at whatever is in it's way. I leave this guy in unless I suspect a Fighting attack to be come it's way. Fire Punch aids in taking out Steel types such as Skarmory. Stone Edge does wonders on incoming Salamence and Gyarados. Crunch is my answer to Gengar (unless it's Scarfed) and other Ghosts.

Scizor strikes again

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold
    Water Absorb
    188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Surf
    - HP [Electric]

Vaporeon works really well with this team. I send in Vappy when I predict a Water-type attack aimed for Infernape or Tyranitar, allowing it to freely recover HP. HP [Electric] helps out in taking out other Water types. The Wish support that I get from Vappy helps out Scizor since he is switching in and out most of the time. Surf is there for STAB and Protect to scout. Not much to say about Vaporeon really, it's a simple role for it to play.

Scizor strikes again

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Impish
    Pressure
    252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch

Here's the tank of this team. Main purpose for this guy is to come in on a Fighting attack aimed at Scizor or Tyranitar. Earthquake gives me a nice way of hitting Heatran. Ice Punch gives great coverage when used in conjunction with Earthquake. Will-o-Wisp seriously cripples any Pokemon switching in, as long as it doesn't miss. And Pain Split is for hanging on there long enough to stall my opponent into defeat.

Scizor strikes again

Scizor @ Iron Plate
    Adamant
    Technician
    200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Roost

Here's the star of almost all my teams now. Scizor is absolutely a beast and one of the most powerful Pokemon in OU. Previously I've been using the CB set, but I noticed that being locked into one move caused me to switch a lot. I decided to opt with the SD set because it gives a little more freedom. Most of the time I try to scare something off so I can set up. Once I'm done setting up, I start using Bullet Punch on almost everything that comes my way. Roost helps me eliminate the Life Orb recoil. Usually, by the time Scizor comes in I can OHKO most Pokemon with Bullet Punch.

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    All I feel like saying right now is use Bug Bite >> Brick Break.

If all Brick Break is doing is taking down steels and Blissey (which would get owned by you regardless), might as well go Bug Bite over it since a good amount of steels dual type with psychic, offering a neutral against them. Plus you already have enough pokemon that can easily deal with steel types.

Oh, and with Vappy gone, you'll be shat on by DDGyara. :(

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
    well since it is sd scizor i would not use u-turn since then you would lose your stat boosts
    and if you are using roost i think the bulky sd set would be a good idea ;D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Just a couple things I noticed wrong here.
    I have no idea why Scizor has an Iron Plate. Life Orb > it please.

Empoleon is so bulky, naturally, that he doesn't need a Focus Sash, besides, with the Sash, you only survive against Lead Infernape or lead Mamoswine. Lum Berry/Chople Berry > it.

Like Aero said, DDGyara pretty much lols at your team when Vappy's gone, so maybe get another counter for him. I'd recommend bulky Rotom-A > Dusknoir (I don't know the set).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Guys what the hell Vappy is a Gyarados counter. Stop giving bad advice it just confuses people. Also no once "X pokemon is out of the Y pokemon sweeps" is not a viable argument, its there as a counter for a reason.

Though that vappy spread is ass, speed evs do NOTHING Max HP + Def please.

Also lol, Gyarados can set up on a total of one member (aka Scizor) who wins anyway with SR up iirc after a SD LO Bug Bite + a Bullet Punch.

Back