• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenplay: A Wild, Wild West (Fall Out Boy, Dorkly, Legend of Link) [Daily Bloggity Entry #13]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • 1920439_10203431282682413_1430382758_n.jpg

Date: 06 March 2014
    Time: 3:23 PM ET
    Mood: Mellow

Editor's Note: This is a short screenplay I had written as a college assignment in the Fall of 2012. It is accompanied with a song listed below that is meant to be played while reading it. It's supposed to create a foreboding and dismal tone to the piece; the song itself will promote immersion, so headphones are recommended. As such, it's also reccomended that you don't look at the daily music/comic/video that's in this until you finish the reading to keep the immersion going.

Daily Music - "The Phoenix" by Fall Out Boy
    Spoiler:

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

A WILD WILD WEST
    ~ a short screenplay

Lights

The sun rises from the depths of a curtain of darkness, giving promises of a new day but in reality just sinking your hopes of survival.

As it rises, the shimmer of the desert's sands majestically dance and entrance you to follow them across the barren desert towards civilization, but also towards your impending doom.

With each step that you take, you become closer to the unknown but farther away from the known. Like an animal that has strayed away from it's pack, you frantically try to find your way back.

The heat baths your skin as you notice with each convincing step you take, the less sure that you'll make it out of this alive.

Slowly, you make your way through the desert, but the thoughts are frantically speeding through your head as you try to to find a solution from your predicament.

Your mind becomes plague with the imminent truth; you will never see your family again. Your partner, your beautiful children. They are forever gone now.

You begin contemplating the tantalizing realization: what have I done with my life? You once thought that you had been getting closer and closer towards your goals, but now...your are unsure. And you fear that you will never be able to overcome this to find the answer to this dreadful quesiton.

______________________________________________________________________________​
    Daily Comic - "The Perfect Pet For Every Gamer" by Andy Kluthe of Dorkly
    Spoiler:

Camera

You look up to see vultures flying overhead, circling to feast on you as they menicingly watch you starve, almost as their appetizer is watching you mentally, physically, and spiritually suffer.

The light gleams off of their majestic coats, but it means nothing as you are more aware of their glaring sharp talons; the talons that will be shredding through your vulnerable and human skin, tearing through the arteries and veins as blood will spew all over.

Alarmingly, you assess the situation, knowing very well that with every waking second that passes is another second towards your impending doom; you tell yourself you must escape this hell, you just MUST.

You fall to one knee as you notice your body starting to weigh you down, your breath coming in at greater intervals now, much more heavily, as you drag your feet across the barren wasteland. You keep reinforcing yourself that you will get out of this alive but...you just don't know...

As soon as you feel like your about to give up with glassy eyes you notice something in the distance; green leaves and a navy blue littering the airwaves....hope.

With haste you push yourself to the limit, using the remaining strength you have left to get this sliver of hope. It gives you strength that you never believed you had, allowing you to get closer and closer to your goal that you have miraculously found.

Almost as if God has other plans for you, your feet begin to sink in the sand, but although each step is becoming harder and harder now, you are able to overcome this obstacle with this newfound strength.

You are only fifty feet from your destination now.

Images of your family flash before your eyes, as you realize that you will make it through this, that you will be able to overcome this trial.

You are five steps away from it.

You merrily laugh as you see how close you are to it; you can see yourself with your family again, leaving these god awful memories and events that have just occured at the door as you let your family's beaming faces envelope you.

Four steps.

You see yourself back on the farm, making the Spring harvest, the sweat on your brow dripping onto your body as you evaluate all of the hard work you have put into your prize possession.

Three.

Two.

You jump in the air, ecstatic with disbelief at your wonderful luck at being able to save yourself from this hell. From this day on, your luck has finally changed.

Your body collides with sand.

Action.
    Daily Video - "Legend of Link" by animator Beaver .Media.
    Spoiler:

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro
    Spoiler:

Back