• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ScribbleNauts (DS)

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    https://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=181031

The game that will undoubtedly catch you off gaurd.
    It looks like child's play but this has to be the most creative and interesting game I've seen lately.

Made by the makers of drawn to life, this game basically allows you to type in whatever you are thinking of and it will be thrown on the screen to use/do whatever with as long as what you type isn't copy-written or vulgar.

In a interview, the creator said there are 220 challenges, and tens of thousands of different things you can type in and have spawned. Boats, Cars, Animals, Monsters, Weather Effects, Historic Figures, Weapons, Black Holes, whatever.

Me and my friend even found a video on youtube of people spawning God and a Kraken and having them fight.

Has anyone else seen this or plan on buying it when it's released tomorrow? o_o

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Great.
    More casual, drawing games.

Personally, this holds no interest for me.
    Buzzkiller. Scribblenauts looks awesome, and practically everyone I know, hardcore and casual alike, has been looking forward to this game (at least since I pointed them to it). I mean, it recognizes keyboard cat and actually gives you a cat playing a keyboard. Tell me that isn't cool.

I'll always give an innovative puzzle game like this a try. Ever since Portal, my perception of the genre has completely changed.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    This, Heart Gold and Okamiden are the three reasons my DS wont be savaged by dust bunnies in the future.
    Great.

I've got to admit, drawn to life was a pile of sod and crap, but I'm going to buy this game solely for the novelty of seeing all the different things the programmers added in.
    The first thing that I'm gonna search is 'pedobear'. xD

I actually realized how much of a hypocrite I am for joining the millions of people who buy Nintendo games for the novelty (that I hate), but I'm promising myself that I'll never do such a thing again.

twocows

Years
    I actually realized how much of a hypocrite I am for joining the millions of people who buy Nintendo games for the novelty (that I hate), but I'm promising myself that I'll never do such a thing again.
    It's not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is calling a game bad when you haven't even tried it. Giving a game a fair chance despite it seeming to be "casual" is what I'd call "mature," if there is such a thing.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    It's not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is calling a game bad when you haven't even tried it. Giving a game a fair chance despite it seeming to be "casual" is what I'd call "mature," if there is such a thing.
    I've always had kind of a "OMG LYK STFU CASOOWAL FANBOI QUIT SUKKIN UP TO NINTENDON'T" feeling towards people who do what I mentioned, so I feel like a hypocrite in the sense that I'm doing exactly what I dislike in casual gamers.

But yes, I do agree that shooting down games with no prior information is rather immature.

Years
    Buzzkiller. Scribblenauts looks awesome, and practically everyone I know, hardcore and casual alike, has been looking forward to this game (at least since I pointed them to it). I mean, it recognizes keyboard cat and actually gives you a cat playing a keyboard. Tell me that isn't cool.

The technology behind it might be cool, but I honestly don't find that interesting :/

I've got to admit, drawn to life was a pile of sod and crap, but I'm going to buy this game solely for the novelty of seeing all the different things the programmers added in.
    The first thing that I'm gonna search is 'pedobear'. xD

I never saw the point in buying something that could most likely be "Rubbish".
    Actually, I just tend to stay clear of Nintendo games :/

No, before anyone comments on the above, I am not ripping into Nintendo.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Great.

This is actually what I first thought of scribblenauts so I can see what you mean. Especially since it's obviously made by the makers of Drawn To Life.

After watching countless videos of it on youtube though my opinion quickly changed, especially this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEUbtgpIgo

I think this will satisfy in the entertainment department. The choices are pratically limitless on how you figure out a puzzle. I imagine it's fun just goofing around with it as well.

They even have a cool little AI system in the game that matches the object in real time, too.
    Like if you spawned a cat and mouse, the cat would chase the mouse.
    Or as was featured in the trailer; If you spawn and kill Medusa then take her head to someone, they will turn to stone.

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I have played this game already and it's a good game. It's funny to write "everything" but I still spend more time with HG.

Doesn't that create a black hole or something? xD

I know that if you type portal it sets up a... well... portal that spawns a random creation.
    Like this one guy spawned a lizard demon thing with wings and a sword.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    Played! awesome but it got bland pretty quickly. The controls r a bit dodgy, and the missions rnt that fun. But the things that comes up is awesome and gives good laughs. 'Giant enemy crab from real japanese history'. When i first saw the crab appear i couldnt stop laughing for ages. Overall, fun, but i wouldnt buy it. Hope ur friend does.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I forgot that the game is out. It's always nice to try something different, and i think this game has just about everything out of the norm.
    I guess it's time to use my R4 :D

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I've been playing this game and I must say I really do enjoy certain aspects of the game. Others, however, just aren't as polished. My friend found a glitch the night he started playing the game. =\

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I've been playing this game and I must say I really do enjoy certain aspects of the game. Others, however, just aren't as polished. My friend found a glitch the night he started playing the game. =\

Oh wow, that's strange. But kind of fun looking too. xD
    I love goofing around with glitches like that.

I was planning on buying it thursday, but I went out and bought it this morning so I have something to do while I'm on the road tomorrow.
    I'm letting my cousin play it right now. He's having a blast apparently.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Alrighty, I got to play it.

It's a very fun game with a lot to do. It's almost overwhelming with the choices, however. I never know what I want to type or use in a puzzle situation because i'm trying my best to be unique.

One thing that bothers me is that you use the touch screen for everything.
    The other buttons are for camera movements.

Past that, it's still a very good game. I'm having fun just goofing around. I spawned a sword and accidentally threw it at a ape, then the ape grabbed the sword and killed me with it.
    On the mission where they told me to beat a persons distance jumping a ramp I spawned a dragon gun and killed everybody.
    They made me restart the mission. :(
    And on the mission where you have to give the 4 people what they might use in their hand I spawned a black hole and killed everybody.

I obviously have some anger issues I need to work out.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    It is indeed fun and in a way interactive (notably the sandbox title screen). I'm somewhat already stuck in a puzzle, but also had to do other things.

Though weirdly enough, I managed to make the game freeze... Dunno how, all I know, at some point, I had a DVD, TV, Video, Medusa and a Hag and when medusa saw her own reflection (perhaps the TV?) whilst being attacked by the Hag, the game froze, with the sound repeating itself...

My favourite part was spawning God, and having him face off against a werewolf. XD

twocows

Years
    I really like it. Great game, I'm glad I bought it. My most epic tale was when I spawned Death to kill a Velociraptor that I had tried to ride (bad idea), and then I spawned Zeus to kill Death. ZEUS GOT KILLED BY DEATH. So then I spawned a pool to try and trap Death in, and I used a jetpack to get by him. Close call.

I also killed some demon dog with a lance while wearing knight's armor.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    How many ways can you guys kill yourselves on the title screen, as I am aware, you are more or less immortal there only.

So far, I've killed myself with:

Spoiler:

My fave weapons are a chainsaw and Death's scythe, I also enjoy the use of the flamethrower.

Oh, and 'Isotope' is fun, just drop it on any human and they turn into 'mutants'

Zombie vs. Mutant, the mutant won.

Back