• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
  • You'd need to check the levels via asm
    I understand how there are specials that determines these after looking through Emerals's Battle Tower script, but knowing that Fire Red does not have those same specials for the level 50/100 check, how would I make my own "custom specials" in order to check for level 20? Also, this there a way to find the specials in the hex editor in order to modify it or something?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Having a level script problem.

I have a level script that will only work with getplayerpos i.e. :

Spoiler:

And so when i go to the other map and get warped into the position, it'll play the event and everything will be dandy. Once the event is over with the script has the level script, I can walk around and go on to other events and everything is working great. The level script is tied to 0x5000 0xE.
    However, and this is the weird part... before the level script event, if I go on any script tiles or OW scripts before it, they'll work and everything, but if I do a script tile on-screen near the level script tile at all, the script will play but once the script is completely done, it's like the player is locked in place. Almost as if it is missing a release command somewhere, but it isn't? Here is the level script and the script that is having the release issue (yes they are long):

Oh yeah also, if the level script is removed, everything works fine. But I need the level script so that when I warp on screen, the event takes place. Idk what is wrong

Level script:
    Spoiler:

Script that works fine but after done with level script on map, won't release player:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    i need help with my script when i activate it the person is in visible and i can't see him other then that it works i tried a fresh clean rom as well and its the same thing i even redid it about 5 times to see if i did something wrong please help here is the script:
    Spoiler:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    i need help with my script when i activate it the person is in visible and i can't see him other then that it works i tried a fresh clean rom as well and its the same thing i even redid it about 5 times to see if i did something wrong please help here is the script:
    Spoiler:

Aside from the possible fact that the NPC is possibly too far away from the PLAYER to appear, here is also the reason why you don't see your NPC...

Code:
    #raw 0x4 'Face Down (Faster)

#raw 0x5 'Face Up (Faster)

You are using the wrong code. What you are currently using only changes where someone looks.
    Notice that it clearly states "Face Up/Down" instead of "Walk Up/Down." =/

Having a level script problem.

Spoiler:

And so when i go to the other map and get warped into the position, it'll play the event and everything will be dandy. Once the event is over with the script has the level script, I can walk around and go on to other events and everything is working great. The level script is tied to 0x5000 0xE.
    However, and this is the weird part... before the level script event, if I go on any script tiles or OW scripts before it, they'll work and everything, but if I do a script tile on-screen near the level script tile at all, the script will play but once the script is completely done, it's like the player is locked in place. Almost as if it is missing a release command somewhere, but it isn't? Here is the level script and the script that is having the release issue (yes they are long):

Oh yeah also, if the level script is removed, everything works fine. But I need the level script so that when I warp on screen, the event takes place. Idk what is wrong

Level script:
    Spoiler:

Script that works fine but after done with level script on map, won't release player:
    Spoiler:

I'm still kinda new to variables, but maybe it's because your trigger script changed var 0x5000 that your level script is using?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Aside from the possible fact that the NPC is possibly too far away from the PLAYER to appear, here is also the reason why you don't see your NPC...

Code:
    #raw 0x4 'Face Down (Faster)

#raw 0x5 'Face Up (Faster)

You are using the wrong code. What you are currently using only changes where someone looks.
    Notice that it clearly states "Face Up/Down" instead of "Walk Up/Down." =/

I'm still kinda new to variables, but maybe it's because your trigger script changed var 0x5000 that your level script is using?

well ._. such a retarded mistake xD thank you

JoeyBaboey

Charmandasaur
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    I have another problem now :(, i am using a pokemon firered rom, advancemap and pksv-ui. Here is the script:
    Spoiler:

My problem is when I compile the script, then re-open the compiled version, it is cluttered with #raws and I do not know why, I am guessing there is an error with the line:
    Spoiler:
    I want the script to force the player to take a pokemon, so they cannot leave without one. When I activate the script the game freezes as well

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • I have another problem now :(, i am using a pokemon firered rom, advancemap and pksv-ui. Here is the script:
    Spoiler:

My problem is when I compile the script, then re-open the compiled version, it is cluttered with #raws and I do not know why, I am guessing there is an error with the line:
    Spoiler:
    I want the script to force the player to take a pokemon, so they cannot leave without one. When I activate the script the game freezes as well

PKSVUI is NOT XSE. It does not use the same syntax. The "m walk_up walk_up end" is how PKSV does movements. I suggest you either switch to XSE or find a tutorial for PKSV.

Le pug

Years
  • Having a level script problem.

Spoiler:

Level script:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well I tried using a bunch of other vars and so far with any other var, if you try to enter the city it freezes the character and you can't move. So now it's getting even worse lol

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Well I tried using a bunch of other vars and so far with any other var, if you try to enter the city it freezes the character and you can't move. So now it's getting even worse lol

Since it's a level script you need to open the level script script and change the bytes after the beginning from 0xFFFF to 0x0

Le pug

Years
  • Since it's a level script you need to open the level script script and change the bytes after the beginning from 0xFFFF to 0x0

I WILL STAB U GOGO

no that isnt it.
    i think i would know at least that much about level scripts by now ... lol. they are 0x0 by default and still same error

zomg proof
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Game: FireRed
    Type: Tile Script
    Editor: XSE
    Script:
    Spoiler:

My problem is that it works fine up to where the @move2 come into play, the sprite just freezes and my character can move about, how can I make the script continue after the "msgbox @talk2 0x6" line

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Type: Tile Script
    Script:
    Spoiler:

My problem is that it works fine up to where the @move2 come into play, the sprite just freezes and my character can move about, how can I make the script continue after the "msgbox @talk2 0x6" line

You forgot the [waitmovement] command.

Code:
    msgbox @talk2 0x6
    applymovement 0x0 @move2
    applymovement 0xFF @move3
    [COLOR="Red"]waitmovement 0x0[/COLOR]
    setflag 0x200

thetripplenine

tripple.
    Years
  • I WILL STAB U GOGO

no that isnt it.
    i think i would know at least that much about level scripts by now ... lol. they are 0x0 by default and still same error

zomg proof
    Spoiler:

Well I thought level scripts couldn't work with a checking command such as checkflag and getplayerpros...

Also, I don't see a release and end after the playsong, is that the problem?

Kyoko1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Le Pugs problem isn't the 0xFFFF bug or command-based.
    I looked at your script and got headache from the flags, which are over 0xFFF haha.
    Besides from that, as far as I know, levelscripts are disabled as soon as the given variable reached
    "var > value", so try using different vars for the 2 scripts, and thats probably solving the issue.
    If that doesn't work, I will look closer at it..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    You forgot the [waitmovement] command.

Code:
    msgbox @talk2 0x6
    applymovement 0x0 @move2
    applymovement 0xFF @move3
    [COLOR="Red"]waitmovement 0x0[/COLOR]
    setflag 0x200

Thank you :)

Type: level script (?)
    Script:
    Spoiler:

So my problem is that the script works fine if I did the previous flag (201) and continue from there, but if I enter the building before I get flag 201, it just freezes my character..
    I tried rearranging the first part:
    #org @start
    checkflag 0x200
    if 0x1 goto @okay
    release
    end
    to
    #org @start
    checkflag 0x200
    if 0x1 goto @okay
    setvar 0x4051 0x1
    release
    end

This fixed the freezing glitch but it causes my script to just not work if I try to go in the building before clearing flag 201

Kyoko1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Spoiler:

A bit spacesaving and scripting logic fix ~ ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Spoiler:

A bit spacesaving and scripting logic fix ~ ;)

Thank you :D
    But the glitch is still there :/

Pretty much the flag that it checks is my script that forces Oak to get the character when they try to leave the town, what this script is supposed to do is after the previous script warps you to the lab, this script is supposed to start, and it works as long as I stay in flag order, but if I try to go to the lab before triggering the previous script the character freezes at the door mat :/

Kyoko1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    If I understood right, you want an event to occur when you passed an other event?
    Well, levelscripts don't happen if their var-value is above the one in AdvanceMap.
    Try setting setvar 0x4051 0x1 in a script before (players room for example), and when you trigger the previous script
    make setvar 0x4051 0x0. Then the levelscript doesn't appear until you passed the prev. script :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    If I understood right, you want an event to occur when you passed an other event?
    Well, levelscripts don't happen if their var-value is above the one in AdvanceMap.
    Try setting setvar 0x4051 0x1 in a script before (players room for example), and when you trigger the previous script
    make setvar 0x4051 0x0. Then the levelscript doesn't appear until you passed the prev. script :)

Hmm I tried that but it seems not to work :/
    I'll try to explain a bit better

These are my original scripts:
    This is the one that should happen first (It works 100% fine, basically when you try to leave town Prof. Oak's assistant stops you and brings you to the lab)
    Spoiler:

This is the one that bugs, it should happen as soon as the previous script warps you which works
    What doesn't work is that if I try to enter the lab without the assistant bringing me, the sprite freezes and I can't move. The problem seems to be when I checkflag 0x200, if the flag's not there it freezes
    Spoiler:

thetripplenine

tripple.
    Years
  • Hmm I tried that but it seems not to work :/
    I'll try to explain a bit better

These are my original scripts:
    This is the one that should happen first (It works 100% fine, basically when you try to leave town Prof. Oak's assistant stops you and brings you to the lab)
    Spoiler:

This is the one that bugs, it should happen as soon as the previous script warps you which works
    What doesn't work is that if I try to enter the lab without the assistant bringing me, the sprite freezes and I can't move. The problem seems to be when I checkflag 0x200, if the flag's not there it freezes
    Spoiler:

Well, you said if 0x0 goto @no therefore if you don't have that flag the script doesn't activate... Maybe that's your problem? And level scripts tend to glitch when there's a checkflag because they are only supposed to happen once.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back