• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • just a hunch (still in school ToT), but check out the ram bytes at 02037078 - 0203707E in vba's memory viewer.
    02037079 has to do with the bike if i remember correctly, see if it gets set to a specific value when biking~

ok, but what can i do whit the bytes?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • ok, but what can i do whit the bytes?
    don't know if pksv has the same stuff but command 0x1F (comparefarbytetobyte) has parameter [address] [byte to be compared to]

comparefarbytetobyte 0x02037079 0x[value set when on bike according to mem viewer]
    if 0x5 goto @whateveryourfuncis

Years
  • don't know if pksv has the same stuff but command 0x1F (comparefarbytetobyte) has parameter [address] [byte to be compared to]

comparefarbytetobyte 0x02037079 0x[value set when on bike according to mem viewer]
    if 0x5 goto @whateveryourfuncis

thanks alot, it worked.

regards
    Loster31345

PKMN Trainer Envy

"Time waits for no man."
    Years
  • Hey everyone, I'm hoping you guys could help me figure something out (I hope this is an okay place to post this). I was over halfway done with my first ROM hack/mod when I came across an issue with the starters at the very beginning. Allow me to explain.

First things first, it's a Fire Red ROM. I've viewed all the tutorials on this issue that I can find through this site and Google itself and always fall short of the answer I'm seeking. At the beginning of the game, we all know the infamous introduction where Oak introduces himself and your rival, etc. You eventually get to his lab and he tells you to choose a starter, and when you do, that dialogue box pops up saying:
    "You received (insert starter name here) from PROF. OAK."

I literally don't want to change a single thing from the original script besides the darn caps lock on his name (I HATE THAT THEY TALK LIKE THIS IN THE GAMES, MY OCD DRIVES ME INSANE). I'd given the Professor a different name and changed the overall dialogue via Advance Text, but alas, I cannot change that dialogue after you choose your starter as it is within the script of the item.

So, obviously it's a script for the Pokeball item that lies on the table. I've used every tutorial via XSE I can find to change that one dialogue box... All of which require me to make an entire new script. So, how can I copy the original script for the starter Pokeballs and simply change the ending dialogue box?

Years
  • Hey everyone, I'm hoping you guys could help me figure something out (I hope this is an okay place to post this). I was over halfway done with my first ROM hack/mod when I came across an issue with the starters at the very beginning. Allow me to explain.

First things first, it's a Fire Red ROM. I've viewed all the tutorials on this issue that I can find through this site and Google itself and always fall short of the answer I'm seeking. At the beginning of the game, we all know the infamous introduction where Oak introduces himself and your rival, etc. You eventually get to his lab and he tells you to choose a starter, and when you do, that dialogue box pops up saying:
    "You received (insert starter name here) from PROF. OAK."

I literally don't want to change a single thing from the original script besides the darn caps lock on his name (I HATE THAT THEY TALK LIKE THIS IN THE GAMES, MY OCD DRIVES ME INSANE). I'd given the Professor a different name and changed the overall dialogue via Advance Text, but alas, I cannot change that dialogue after you choose your starter as it is within the script of the item.

So, obviously it's a script for the Pokeball item that lies on the table. I've used every tutorial via XSE I can find to change that one dialogue box... All of which require me to make an entire new script. So, how can I copy the original script for the starter Pokeballs and simply change the ending dialogue box?

Its vert simple i have done it my self. Just open one of the personevent on the table. In a script tool. At the bottom theres the text. Were its says the name. Just del the text AnD input your own. But remember to have the same lenght of the text as before. And compile it

Regards
    Loster31345

PKMN Trainer Envy

"Time waits for no man."
    Years
  • Its vert simple i have done it my self. Just open one of the personevent on the table. In a script tool. At the bottom theres the text. Were its says the name. Just del the text AnD input your own. But remember to have the same lenght of the text as before. And compile it

Regards
    Loster31345

Thanks so much for responding so quickly! Would you mind pointing me in the right direction as to what script tool I should use? I only have XSE for scripting, and when I click on the "open script" button, it says I don't have one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back