• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Tile Event doesn't trigger.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    Hi, I want a script to trigger, but it doesn't. The only time it triggers is when the game froze (when the var isn't added) otherwise it doens't I need to add an npc to trigger it. When the event is over I step on the script case and guess what it ''automatically'' triggers. I searched for it a week ago and found nothing even with tutorials (who barely talks about it)

here's the script

Spoiler:

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    You do actually understand what putting a var number and var value on the script tile does right? You're not just putting in random numbers and hoping for the best? Show us what those two numbers are in advance map in addition to your script and we'll try to find out what went wrong

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    The working vars are between 4012 and 40FF actually.

'---------------
    #org 0x800158
    checkflag 0x203
    setflag 0x203
    setvar 0x4015 0x1
    lock
    applymovement 0x7 0x8800174
    waitmovement 0x7
    clearflag 0x203
    release
    end

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x800174
    #raw 0x3 'Face Right
    #raw 0x2 'Face Left
    #raw 0x29 'Slide Down
    #raw 0x3 'Face Right
    #raw 0x2 'Face Left
    #raw 0x16 'Slide Up
    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

Years
    Can you explain what you are trying to do with these flags?
    checkflag is always followed by an if statement, where you tell the script where to continue whether the flag is set or not.
    You don't have this so what's the point of that command?
    Then you seem to set and clear the same flag in that script for no reason.
    If you explain what you are actually trying to do here, then maybe someone can help you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    What i'm trying to do is make a script tile that automatically trigger without having to talk to an npc. Like in Littleroot Town, Odale Town and Petalburg City.

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
    Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    You need to click on map header and add a script (02 type) to execute a script instantly

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
    Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    it needs to have an unused var assigned to it, make sure the value is set to 0 so it'll activate.

Years
    In advance map:
    Put an unused variable in the var number box.
    Leave the var value at 0000.
    Make sure the height level is set to always.
    Paste your offset in the script offset box.

That's all you have to to make a script tile trigger without any pre conditions.

You probably did this and it's still not working, because the issue is your script. That's why I asked you what you are doing with your flags.
    Remove the checkflag command. It requires a line after like: "if 0x1 goto @pointer"
    You don't need this here so just remove the command.
    Also setting and clearing the same flag in the same script does nothing for you here. Remove those flag commands as well.
    Setting a flag, that is also a person ID number hides the OW sprite as long as that flag is set. This requires the map to update to show visually. And that's not happening in the same script. If you want to hide and show OW sprites within the same script you need to work with hidesprite and showsprite too.

Also set the same variable you used in advance map in your script to a value that isn't in the var value box. If you don't do this your script is going to loop.
    You really need to look up some scripting tutorials because everything I said is explained there.
    I hope I could help you.

Back