• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Searched booster packs?

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2012
    So I was offered to buy some searched booster packs very cheap... I was wondering what is a fair price for these.

If you don't know a searched pack is still sealed but they weighed it so they are sure it doesnt contain a holo or super rare card, just C/U RH and a non-holo rare.

How much do you think this kind of pack is worth?

The guy also had the opposite too, searched packs with guaranteed Holo/Super rare card. He was asking $10 each for those, which I think is a bit pricey... opinions?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Yeah i would have to agree with donnavanj. Plus how would they know the reverse holo is only common or uncommon those come in rare form also and im sure they weigh the same as the other reverse holographics. but i dont know 10 bucks for a searched pack when boosters are like what 3 bucks. If he is trying to make money and not lose out and can find super rares like that why not just open the pack and sell the card im sure most of those are worth more than 10 bucks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Even if the pack was "guaranteed" to have a holo in it through weighing (it isn't a guarantee), think about how much your average holo card is worth. The vast majority of holographic cards are not worth $10 or even half that.
    The problem with weighing packs is, what are you weighing them against? Each other? Because if none have rare holos, it won't matter at all that one of them weighs more than the other by a tiny fraction. There isn't a standard weight for holo packs.

Back