• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Secret Bases?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Which secret bases were better the D/P ones or the R/S/E ones?

In my opinion the R/S/E ones were better because of all the furniture and stuff. Although capture the flag is cool in D/P but I still think the bases are whack in D/P.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    You do have furniture in DP, but it is quite horrible with the 3-D graphics; everything goes pixellated.

I prefer the bases in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    the Underground, I think, is much more fun.. while RSE, you get to fight more pokemon for EXP and pick out a spot in the ingame map...

I like the Underground more because I find it to be more interactive.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    dp bases are better IMO

absolutly no bases have annoying holes that u have to patch up and they only sell the boards like 1nce a year. Yeah its alittle pixilated but still awseom!!!!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    RSE... It's so difficult to get things for DP, and when you lack WiFi like me then it is really quite a drag.

Plus, I had the most perfect base in Emerald... The Glass Statue from winning Master Rank in all contests... the Glass table... *Tear* I restarted, it though...

J-Rad

Years
    RSE... It's so difficult to get things for DP, and when you lack WiFi like me then it is really quite a drag.

for me its the exact oppisite all the good stuff in RSE was too hard for me to get and I just burry 1 of each sphere come back a week later dig it up and get awesome furiture, I don't think u can get furniture over wifi

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Obviously you can't ^^;

But things like the flag capturing game and such is a disappointment and gets old after a while, plus the fact that you have to go and buy a Digger Drill whenever you want to move instead of just getting whichever Pokemon has Secret Power out of the PC in RSE.

J-Rad

Years
    Nope, instead of the annoying holes we get giant annoying boulders. What a trade off.

yeah but those boulders can easily removed if u got 2 dses and have 2 games. That's what I do w/ my broterh keeps stealing his flag ubtil I get liek 50 (doen't take that long though) then all of the boulders can get removed, but the holes the department store inly sells those like 1 every 6 monthes and most of RSE games the time doesn't move if u don't trade whin a month (well that's what happened to me atleast)

Years
    I've always thought that the secret bases in both were pretty dumb. In the other games i didn't have to create a base. In diamond and pearl i was basically forced to make a base (not that it was hard).

Darkblade

The Ultimate Espeon Fanatic
    Years
    quick question, okay, 2

1. can you get rid of the giant boulders, if so, how?

2. Is it possible to keep friends secret bases registered in your game, like in R/S/E?

J-Rad

Years
    quick question, okay, 2

1. can you get rid of the giant boulders, if so, how?

2. Is it possible to keep friends secret bases registered in your game, like in R/S/E?

1) yes after captureing x amount of flags (forget the #) ur flag upgrades and u get to remove 2 rocks, then 4, etc.

2) NO

that answers ur question?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Lol same here its what I used to try to do till I lost Emerald....

I think the underground is just too....broing for me. I mean its just dull and walking is different there....but at least the fossil thing helps a lot.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    man i wish your friend's secret base and data would stay in the underground so that you could fight them like on E. Also I hate the furniture limit, it's too small

Back