• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Secret Bases

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I thought you could decorate your own house and things? That would make a secret base kind of redundant.

The house is in the dream world. And, you were able to decorate your room in R/S/E. And "A base in outer space" sounds cool! (And it rhymes.) I miss my old base on saphire, it was in a tree. Good times :)

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    tecnically a secret base has been added to the dream world:

serebii.net said:
    The final part of the Dream World is the decoration of your house. This house is on a floating island and you have the ability to decorate it in whatever manner you please using the decorations. In addition to decorating them, you also have the ability to link up your Dream World dwelling with the dwellings of your friends to allow your Pokémon to play with eachother.

So I doubt that they will add a similiar feature in-game.

Pikachu3828

Webmaster of The Pika Club
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    Personally I never saw much point to secret bases. They were a cool little extra but I don't think they really added anything to the game. If they don't make a return in Black/White I won't miss them.

What I do miss is what spawned secret bases; the ability to customise your room from G/S/C. So sad they didn't bring that back in HG/SS :(

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    tecnically a secret base has been added to the dream world:
    So I doubt that they will add a similiar feature in-game.

That house is just on the com[uter, and I bet it will have limited customization. Reminds me of something you would find on like neopets... but I think we will have an in-game secret base. A house is not a home when you're not there, so wht would it be without your player in it exploring???

What I do miss is what spawned secret bases; the ability to customise your room from G/S/C. So sad they didn't bring that back in HG/SS :(

I was hoping for this too... I was quite depressed when I couldn't i D/P/Pt. But I loved how you could chnge more than just dolls on your carpet in GSC. The bed, poster, dolls, carpet, game system... I loved my room on Crystal. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    i hope for bases like gen 3 were if you mixed record your opponets secrete base would be there with there team

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    Gen III bases were fun but useless Gen 4 was also fun with the flag capturing hope they find a way to fusion both base's features.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I hope they come up with a new way to make secret bases. We have had underground and above ground... Wonder where it will be now.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Gen III bases were fun but useless Gen 4 was also fun with the flag capturing hope they find a way to fusion both base's features.

Well the high link appears to be running around ishuu with your friends, so i'm sure your bases would show up. Like make your base ina tree (providing thats possible) and when your high link friend runs by they see it and can go in.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Actually, when you have an entire house to yourself in the Dream World, there isn't really a need for secret bases anymore. :(

That is a very valid point you got there, although I don't know, part of having a secret base was the social part of it, and so far there hasn't been any hint to any sort of social involvement in the Global Link thing.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years

That is a very valid point you got there, although I don't know, part of having a secret base was the social part of it, and so far there hasn't been any hint to any sort of social involvement in the Global Link thing.

Actually, the whole point of dream world houses is so you can put stuff on shelves and your friends can come by and put more stuff on your shelves as gifts/possibly take stuff you have to offer. But I still hope secret bases will be in-game, especially for people without wi-fi.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Actually, the whole point of dream world houses is so you can put stuff on shelves and your friends can come by and put more stuff on your shelves as gifts/possibly take stuff you have to offer. But I still hope secret bases will be in-game, especially for people without wi-fi.

Oh! I must have completely missed that at some point, thank you for correcting me. But yeah, I'm hoping they'd have more of an on-console thing. I have an original DS too, so I don't really know how well that would work for me if it was a WiFi thing.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years

Oh! I must have completely missed that at some point, thank you for correcting me. But yeah, I'm hoping they'd have more of an on-console thing. I have an original DS too, so I don't really know how well that would work for me if it was a WiFi thing.

I've had the original DS since my 9th (<--I think) birthday and yeah I upgraded to a DSi when it came out and wi-fi was much easier to connect (compared to before when I had none). So I definitely hope they considered people without wi-fi/bad wi-fi so the game is multi-player fun even without wi-fi.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    I've had the original DS since my 9th (<--I think) birthday and yeah I upgraded to a DSi when it came out and wi-fi was much easier to connect (compared to before when I had none). So I definitely hope they considered people without wi-fi/bad wi-fi so the game is multi-player fun even without wi-fi.

I would REALLY hate to miss out on a bunch of features just because I don't want to shell out a boat-load of money. I understand they they're a company and they need to make money, but it's such a tease to say "yeah, you can play it on this console, but you're not cool enough to do ALL of it."

Back