• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Sekirei: Wings of Fate (IC, rated M)

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
  • Soleil Astraea & Seiji Taketo

Sunlight swept across Tokyo city, the shadow-cloaked forest of concrete overcome by the rising sun as a new day dawned. A slender figure yawned as the light hit her large golden eyes, which fluttered open in response, and she brought her arms upwards to stretch as she did so. She pulled herself up slowly from the mattress, the blanket slipping from her form and leaving her arms and legs exposed to the cold morning air from the balcony upon which she slept, only a thin white night gown shielding her soft skin from the elements. The glass door to the hotel room which she was staying remained wide open, the mattress, blanket, and pillows pulled from the bed frame and out onto the balcony so that she might sleep under the stars, and wake up in the morning to a beautiful sunrise. Soleil had scarce few chances to see the sunrise in all its glory, raised in perhaps the dreariest establishment she thought possible, and she spent every moment she could to treasure it. The woman sat back down and snuggled herself in tight amongst the pillows and blankets where it was and enjoyed the view before a delicious breakfast of bacon and eggs was brought to her room.

She took her time while she readied herself for the day, uncharacteristic of her attitude the afternoon before when she had first been released to the world. The original thrill of freedom and panic of responsibility was over, and now that she had a place to stay for a while, a full stomach, and a chance to recover from the initial shock of being dropped in Tokyo city alone, she felt oddly at peace, and only thought about leaving once she had showered, styled her long, golden hair that she tied back with coiling red ribbons, and made sure her look was positively immaculate, a far cry from the sleepy bed-head she sported moments ago, as fond of it as Soleil was. A light application of makeup might have been the perfect way to finish her morning routine, but Soleil examined herself intently in the mirror, slender fingertips running down her soft tanned skin as she bat those long eyelashes, glistening gold eyes flecked with silver flashing out of sight for a moment before they returned to her view. No need, she thought, as she pulled a jacket on over her sundress and a belt around her waist to flatter her form, and clicked the heels of her shoes together in jest as she completed her look. She stepped out of the bedroom doorway and down the stairs, nodding to the woman at the counter as she left the hotel and was once again out into the city streets of Tokyo.

"Right," she mumbled to herself, hands on hips as she enjoyed the pleasant morning breeze that tugged at her hair and her dress. "Where would an ashikabi live, I wonder…?"

Soleil looked about the city streets, which were already bustling despite being early hours of the morning. Cars rumbled past, busy pedestrians stumbled by sleepily on their daily commute, and a particular golden haired girl almost skipped down the city streets as she joined them in their journeys, wondering what kind of strange and mystical things she might find or get up to today. She thought about restaurants, and museums, and libraries, and clothing stores, and everything else the big city had to offer that she had long dreamed of experiencing, and struggled to hold back a grin as she made her way down the seemingly endless streets of Tokyo. The thoughts of ashikabi and sekirei left her head quicker than she had expected, as she found herself completely consumed by the wonders that embodied with her newfound freedom, even if it came on a leash. She was just one of the thousands of tourists in Tokyo at that very moment, and she wanted to experience it all.

I can't believe they called me into work today! That's the fifth time this month! That's it, I'm putting in for vacation when I get there today, and I'm gonna have Danzo speed up the process so I can start tomorrow and deal with all this Sekirei crap. They won't have a leg to stand on after what they've done to me. The thoughts flew through the head of a young man as he walked along the busy morning streets of Tokyo, adjusting the tie to his crisp suit as he walked. Yesterday everything, weird as it was, had seemed managable. Now that he was being called in to work on his day off he had realised just how much of his life was out of his control, and he was freaking out about how he'd balance his time between his job and the two beautiful alien women who'd come to live with him, who would apparently have to fight other super-powered alien women. Why? He hadn't the faintiest idea. He was so wrapped up in his own head he lost track of his surroundings until he walked right into someone, stumbling back and looking up to see it was a young woman, who had lost her balance entirely and fallen to the ground with a shrill yelp in surprise.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I was distracted and I stopped paying attention to where I was going, I'm such an idiot. Are you alright, miss?" He exclaimed, before his eyes widened as he took in the visage of the form before him. She was beautiful! It was a completely different kind of beautiful than Lotus, Izumi, or Shizuka. The only thing that fit was... angelic. Her hair looked like it was spun from pure gold, her eyes were just as brilliant, with a light dusting of silver that made them glisten in the sunlight. All topped off by full, tantalizing lips and such a cute sundress that emphasized her perfectly balanced curves. All the sekirei he had met so far were remarkably beautiful. Was she another?

"It's fine, really!" she replied, a pleasant cheer to her voice despite her stumble. When Seiji held out an arm to help her up she took it with her own delicate hand, and rose back up onto her feet with particular grace. She spent a moment to inspect her dress, brushing off what little dust had danced onto it until she looked impeccable once more. "No harm done... I think. Sorry! I should have been looking where I was going myself. I got a little flustered by the big city, is all."

Seiji's eyes roamed up and down the girl's form, trying to decide if she was human, though there were other benefits to looking. The mention of being flustered by the city's size only increased the likelihood she was a Sekirei, though she could easily be a foreigner too. If she wasn't an angel or a Sekirei she was at least some sort of western model. "I can understand being a little overwhelmed by all these buildings looming over your head, or all the noise, and the lights even with the sun is up. I'm Seiji Taketo." He bowed as he introduced himself. "And once again I'm so, so sorry for bumping into you like that angel-san."

"Angel-san?" She looked him up and down curiously, almost judgementally, before the smile came back to her face. She gave a low curtsie, bowing her head as she did so, and bat her long, golden eyelashes. "A pleasure to meet you, Seiji Taketo. My name is Soleil Astraea. It's nobody's fault, really, as long as neither of us are hurt there's no need to apologise."

The golden haired woman looked back up to the city's skyline, and spent a moment to admire it with as much wonder and amusement as if it had been her first time. "I'm not quite used to the big city yet, but I'm determined to find a place here."

"Ah, I see." Seiji said, nodding. "The pleasure is all mine Astraea-san." His eyes couldn't help following hers to the lovely horizon they were being given, and a serene smile overtook his face. "It really is beautiful isn't it? it's nice that we can have such a view even in such a crowded, boisterous city from time to time. I have a feeling you'll do just fine. Look at the way that sun lights you up like some golden idol, it's almost like a sign."

He could have sworn he saw the faintest blush of pink on her cheeks. "Very charming," she replied, a playful, teasing tone to her voice. They both began to walk, Soleil making a slow ponder behind Seiji's more determined pace. "So, Seiji, you seem to know this city quite well. Might you be able to point a lone girl lost in the big city towards some of its sights...? I don't know much about the city's attractions, and I'd hate to miss out on a must-see before I..." She paused. "Before I return home."

Seiji's brow furrowed again once he knew Soleil wouldn't be able to see it, his mind awhir with frustration about work once again, but it started to soften at her question. "Well if you want something relaxing and spiritual, there's the Meiji Shrine... If you just want some fun, especially if you like games or anime you might be able to find something in Akihabara. You could have a picinic at Ueno Park. Oh! But one thing you absolutely have to see is Teito Tower. It may be MBI's HQ but it's still coo You can see it from miles away."

The woman made no attempt to write down what he said, but each suggestion was met with a gentle nod and a soft smile. He could have sworn that he caught the slightest, sly smile flash across her face when he mentioned Teito Tower, but it faded when she gave that suggestion a brief nod like she did all the others. "I'll make sure to make some time for them," Soleil said, a skip to her step as she bounded to the front, watching Seiji as he walked, herself keeping a steady pace as she walked backwards so she could face him.

She tilted her head. "MBI...?" she continued, a little confusion to her voice. Something was off though... Seiji couldn't quite tell how genuine that confusion actually was. "What are they like...?"

"MBI - or Mid Bio Informatics - is one of the world's biggest, if not the biggest corporation." Seiji began, shrewdly observing Soleil while he spoke, seeking an opportunity to confirm his suspicions. Few people had not heard of MBI, and he wondered if her confusion was merely feigned to shake off any suspicion. "They're based in Teito Tower which you can see from almost anywhere in the city, even over other skyscrapers. They deal in pharmaceuticals mainly, though now they seem to have a hand in just about everything. I'm sure you've used at least one of their products before. They've become so influential that now they practically control Tokyo. People have even started to joke about MBI's head, Hiroto Minaka being Tokyo's new emperor lately."

"Control Tokyo, hmm? That sounds rather impressive. This... Hiroto Minaka figure must be quite something," she mused. Seiji was truthful, and Soleil peered around him to the skyline behind, and the oh-so familiar tower that was the MBI headquarters stood high above the other skyscrapers, a tower that spiraled upwards into the sky. She had seen it a dozen times in pictures, and only in person during her rare visits to the tower from her usual home compound, and it was quite marvelous to behold. "Definitely something..."

Seiji nodded, noting they weren't too far from his place of work anymore. "Yes, it truly is impressive. MBI's been doing a lot more lately, I've even seen some of their peacekeepers about. I think I remember hearing something about a mass release of some very beautiful exotic birds a while ago too..." He slowed down to look more closely than before at Soleil."I even heard there might be a rare bird purported to have perfect ivory feathers interpsersed with some pure-gold plumage... a specimen likened to angels."

The corners of her lips curled into a move obvious smile. She twirled on her feet, the frills of her dress kicking up as she turned, until she faced away from him and in fact took the lead, pacing swiftly ahead of him, a playful sway of her hips with every step. "Oh have you, now? I'm disappointed I missed such a vibrant display... Did you happen to spy any of these magnificent birds in your many travels? I'm sure a keen eye such as yourself might be able to find one or two for yourself."

"I have seen a couple," Seiji answered slyly. "In fact, I encountered two of them up close, it was a life-changing experience." His eyes lingered momentarily on those lovely hips, but he averted them before long and continued. "And I think I've found another one, it may even be the angelic one I'd heard about. Tell me, are your wings as beautiful as your chirping? Or have you not found them yet?"

She chuckled. "Maybe they are, but maybe they're not. Unless you're offering yourself as tribute then I'll have to let you know when I find out." She turned again, stopping in her tracks, and as Seiji came up to stand in front of her, only a couple of inches apart, she brought a finger up to press gently against his lips to stop him from speaking, and she smiled. "Say hello to them for me, mmkay?"

In a moment the woman was gone, taking a step backwards and falling into the crowds, completely out of sight, even her golden blonde locks impossible to spy among the mass of people, which she wove through effortlessly..

Seiji watched Soleil fade into the crowds with a curious, watchful smile, squinting to try and keep sight of her despite his difficulties. Now that was certainly an interesting woman. So very different from Lotus and Izumi... but with something undeniably similar between them. I almost feel like I can pick out Sekirei after only having met a few... there's something about the three I've met so far... He tapped his own lips, noting they still felt warm where Soleil had touched them. He began to wonder about what her abilities may be when his cell phone began to ring. He answered the phone immediately, without any fumbling and put it to his ear.

"Hello? Yes? What do you mean Hiro showed up after all? You said he called in... Yes I know... No I don't want to work today but I'm already two-thirds of the way there! I've got my suit on and freshly pressed too!... Yeah, ok, thanks, you have a good day too." Seiji slipped his phone back into his pocket and turned around, beginning to head back towards his home. Man, what are the odds? Ah well, at least Lotus and Izumi should be happy.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Lotus

The night before, having one of the most wildest times of her sheltered life, a red-haired Sekirei with fox ears and tails looked just as content and happy running around energetically as she was sleeping peacefully alongside Izumi. The thought of having someone to sleep with made her feel quite content and cozy. As the sun came up through the window, signalling the beginning of a new day, Lotus slept in, not being much of a morning person. She grumbled as she was fighting a losing battle with trying not to wake up, the sun compelling her to get out of bed. Eventually, she awoke with a yawn and a stretch, groggily wiping her eyes whilst her hair and tails remained ruffled. Lotus turned to find Izumi no longer there, tilting her head, wondering where she was at this "early" hour. Of course, a lot of the morning was the "early" hour for Lotus.

Throwing the blankets off of her, clad in her undersized shirt from yesterday and some pajama , Lotus made her way into the hallway, and called out, "Helloooo? Izumi? Seiji-chan?" Expecting to hear one or the other's voice, perhaps making breakfast in the kitchen, she only heard the sounds of the city around her. Peering into the living room, where Seiji had been sleeping, she found only rumpled blankets and an empty futon. Looking elsewhere in the small apartment, the kitsune could not find either of them. Lotus begun biting her lip, concerned that something might have happened to her Ashikabi. Her tails flitted around as she racked her brain, wondering where they could have gone. Normally, she would have been happy to turn on the Wii U and play some more Splatoon. It was her bond, however, that made Lotus fret a good bit. All the possibilities began cycling through her mind. Had he been kidnapped and interrogated by some Russian spies out to get some secrets Seiji had? Or was he attacked by some treacherous sorcerer out to vanquish all foes to his evil, plotting schemes? Clearly, these seemed to be likely possibilities to the sheltered and imaginative Sekirei. Who knows what evil may lurk if the Crimson Kitsune isn't there to stop it?

Last edited:
    Back