• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Separate Pokedex for Player and AI

Years
    Making a game with 151 pokemon available to the player, but with many more available to AI trainers. It's my understanding that the Pokedex pulls directly from the pokemon.txt file- is there a way to make a dex that shows only the 151 players can use? Thank you.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    You can set it so the player only has access to the Kanto Dex, or just whichever 151 pokemon you pick, using "Edit Dex Data".
    All Pokémon are still able to be used as Trainer Pokémon, and Enemy Pokémon even if they are not in the Pokémon.

Basically, pokemon, and pokedex are seperate.
    You can have all 649 (Gen I - V) Pokemon, but also only have the player see only Gen I pokémon in the dex.

Back