• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Lord, I'm just letting out my opinion!
    What is it with people always needing to flame someone? Dang. T_T

People aren't really flaming you, just... disagreeing. I guess it means more people like this generation than you'd expect.

And Pokabu's evo... well I actually like it now. XD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

People aren't really flaming you, just... disagreeing. I guess it means more people like this generation than you'd expect.

Same. It's cute! (Yes I find the strangest things cute.)

I have no idea as to what my starter is gonna be 0.o

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years

Oh no ;_;

You must be fed to the Churine!

Hm, that actually sounds cute..

Now I must get White, because Churine is in it.

CHURINE > YANAPPU

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The affects of Cross Fire and Cross Thunder are interchangeable.

If Zekrom hits Reshiram with Cross Thunder, then Cross Fire will become stronger as well.
    I already know that; I was using Reshiram attacking Zekrom as an example.

Just a couple more things:
    -I like Dragon Tail's effect. Combining damage with Whirlwind/Roar is devestating, especially if DT has a high base power (like 90). If that's the case, it better not have negative priority.
    -I like the concept of Mummy as an ability for Desukan. Pokemon that rely heavily on their abilities will be really screwed (like Azumarill or Medicham). Pokemon that are crippled by their abilities (Slaking, Regigigas) will simply make contact with Desukan just to get rid of their abilities' hindrances.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    So all this stuff Pokexperto was saying is true... Goodness these Pokemon look horrible.
    It really looks like Game Freak is running out of ideas. u_u

i dont agree with that, minus the gawd awful fire beginner evos, the rest of the pokemon are rather nice, i just hope the waters final forme stands on 2legs, im sure it would look alot better on 2legs.

i love the bug/electric pokemon, thatll be my electric type if its on white (hopefully)

the bison is ok, i like tauros, but its over used in LPs so i never use it, so i probably wont use this one either.

i think the puppy is adorable, but i wish it was a bigger dog, figures a girl (not being sexist, just being honest) would choose a smaller dog species over a bigger one :( why not a husky? their cute& cuddly & strong <3 huskies ftw!

the fish is disappointing since it seems to not evolve :(
    i was hoping itd be the gyrados of Isshu, except already badass& get even more so when it evolves :)

Kibagos final stage is perfect IMO, i love it, its on my team, but its move Dragon Tail, combined with Stealth Rocks, is gonna be an OU combo :/

the monkey trio is adorable, & ill probably raise them for triple battles :)

emonga will be one of my electric alternatives in case i cant get the electric/bug on white its just too cute :cer_love:

the sarcophagus is wow, far better than i expected, i knew it would be ghost, but i expected rock added with it, i hope its got nice defenses, since the only good defensive ghosts are the duskull family&spiritomb :)

the mushroom, is lame :/ shouldve tossed is for a few more fire types seriously :/

gigaiasu& its pre-formes are pretty cool, i might use it, i just hope it doesnt evolve threw trade like golem >.>

monmen, or watever its name is, its ok, kinda think itll be a useless pokemon like hoppips line :/

churine is gorgeous, definitely my grass alternate if i dont use tsutarja (unlikely, but always have a backup plan ;) )

the cat is perfect, & it looks actually useful, so hopefully its not another skitty :/

Geechisu seems like hes related to N, im certain they are, or hes a future N come back to not screw up miserably, which we will make sure he does :P

but hey we got less than a week til B&W and we know all the pokemon, im just looking forward to the fire/ghost thats rumored, you cant mess up a candle ;) :cer_laugh: jk!
    im looking forward to seeing the last few we dont know& seeing all the ones we "do" know :cer_love: 5th gen is the best IMO, but Johto is still my fav region :P

EDIT: ive never spoken, let alone typed this much in my life O.O

Perriechu

Years
    I already know that; I was using Reshiram attacking Zekrom as an example.

Just a couple more things:
    -I like Dragon Tail's effect. Combining damage with Whirlwind/Roar is devestating, especially if DT has a high base power (like 90). If that's the case, it better not have negative priority.
    -I like the concept of Mummy as an ability for Desukan. Pokemon that rely heavily on their abilities will be really screwed (like Azumarill or Medicham). Pokemon that are crippled by their abilities (Slaking, Regigigas) will simply make contact with Desukan just to get rid of their abilities' hindrances.

True about Desukan, this generation is really gonna make people work for their battle winnings in competitive play.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    im not gonna get into a worthless flame fight with any of you who cant see logic.
    i was merely pointing out obvious reasons to why those 2pages were fake.
    if you cant handle it, then shut up& ignore it.
    the starter evos are proven so why cant you all get over it, just cuz the 2pages were either faked, or misprinted changes nothing, now grow up.
    Either you're a troll, or just an idiot, but the scans aren't fake, bro.

Judging by the attitude you present in your posts, it seems you're the one who can't get over the fact that they're real, and that you were wrong the whole time. Thus, you make excuses here, there and everywhere to convince people that you know better, when you clearly don't.

How exactly are the reasons for them being fake 'obvious'?

And I think I speak for everyone on this forum when I say that you are in no position to be telling anyone to grow up.

Last edited:

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Speaking of Churine...

XD Is anyone else glad of the fact that these two version exclusives are based more on seeds and plants and less on flowers? We have always had lots of flower-like Grass types (not a bad thing! it makes sense!) but these two remind me specifically of certain plants which make their seeds travel by wind and therefore produce cotton-like fluff in order to enable them to do so.

Admittedly, I do not like them too much, but I do think it's interesting, because it suggests one of the Poke-designers was inspired by not-so-common plants in order to create these two.

Notice how Churine's leaves are helix-shaped, which suggests a tall tree which releases its seeds from its top to get them airborne for as long as possible. On the other hand, Monmen is fluffier and has two leafy "wings" which I believe is common for the seeds of plants of arid and semi-arid zones; in such environments the idea is that the seed is enclosed in a fluffy aerodynamic ball and travels powered by the wind via the ground and eventually settles somewhere, far far far away, where the conditions are much more favourable, and eventually it germinates. :D

...I realize this is very botany-geeky, but my inner plant-lover cannot help but squee. I am now DYING of curiosity to know as to which possible specific plant they could be based on; there's thousands and thousands of plants that have evolved wind-travelling seeds... Alas, I shall never know, but will forever wonder... brb looking up Japanese plants. XD

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i agree, more seed-like grass types are interestin, theres still way too many grass types in this gen, but its chill i just hope churine evolves into something breathe taking :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Churine. Omg. I didn't realise that was version exclusive /slow

But omggg <3 Whites exclusive? Hell yeeees. Since I'm gunna get White eventually, I think this is awesome, cause it's the cuter one. XD;

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Churine. Omg. I didn't realise that was version exclusive /slow

But omggg <3 Whites exclusive? Hell yeeees. Since I'm gunna get White eventually, I think this is awesome, cause it's the cuter one. XD;

The evo for Churine is some sort of grass lady pokemon according to Melkor of Pokexperto.

Perriechu

Years
    Oh wow. <3 Churine is actually cute.

Im getting white anyway so's I'll catch my self one (:<

Does anyone think that Dangoro looks like a Rock version Bomb-omb ? xD

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

indeed it does :) i wonder if selfdestruct&explosion are effected by sturdy, does it leave the exploded pokemon with 1hp counting it as a 1HKO?

sorry just a random thought :)

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    indeed it does :) i wonder if selfdestruct&explosion are effected by sturdy, does it leave the exploded pokemon with 1hp counting it as a 1HKO?

sorry just a random thought :)

It works just like Focus Sash did, so obviously you are wrong.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Shikijika still has a middle forme or there is an alternate forme for females because the new evolution does not match up to the little bit of the one we saw in that magazine...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It works just like Focus Sash did, so obviously you are wrong.

just cuz it didnt mention it means im wrong yet :P
    its called speculation, stop making it a war& have fun

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years

Dangoro is actually the base stage Pokemon for Gigaiasu, which is the 2nd stage. The first stage evolution isn't revealed yet.

That's from PokeExperto, but, they released a picture of Dangoro before it was revealed in Coro Coro. Looked exactly like it does. So, it's safe to assume the evolutionary chain of it is correct as well.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Shikijika still has a middle forme or there is an alternate forme for females because the new evolution does not match up to the little bit of the one we saw in that magazine...

thats a good point :/ thats been bugging me for awhile, but who knows im not gonna voice my opinion, i dont feel like pissing off the fan boys/girls.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    lil doggy pokemon for new eevee ^.^
    So are these all of the scans from coro-coro or there will be more?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back