• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I know, I just don't really appreciate those comments.

But yes, I love the little dog, it's adorable <3

Ayselipera

I'll be honest I don't like them all, but I'm pretty happy with what we're getting.

Let me just say that as a big grass type fan I love the new grass types<3333 I honestly don't know how I'm going to play without catching every grass type Pokemon. Mebukijika is just amazing. I love it more then words can describe.

okay I'm done. :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Is it just me or has BW released more cute Pokemon than other generations ? <3

I'll be honest I don't like them all, but I'm pretty happy with what we're getting.

Let me just say that as a big grass type fan I love the new grass types<3333 I honestly don't know how I'm going to play without catching every grass type Pokemon. Mebukijika is just amazing. I love it more then words can describe.

okay I'm done. :D

I love <3<3<3 Mebujika it's so cute <3<3

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Seeing all the new information and scans, I must say I'm not disappointed.

Of all the Pokémon revealed, I'm really impressed with Yorterrie. It really goes to show that this generation GameFreak is trying to match the first generation. Then again, I think they're trying to match every generation in one. Choroneko is one example. It's very similar to Glameow as far as posture and color scheme goes. I'm liking that they broke tradition however and made it a Dark type instead.

With no old Pokémon being brought into this game before the National Dex, that means there needs to be replacements. We've seen a lot of replacements so far for Zubat, Growlithe, Feline line, Pikachu spin-off, Aipom, etc. I feel that the one to replace Chansey, and I don't know if this was mentioned here already, is Tabunne. It's the new healing Pokémon and along with that it follows the same type and color as Chansey. I just wonder if it'll be as good as Chansey/Blissey is when it comes to W-Fi and Shoddy.

I don't want to go all out, but I'm in love with Shikijika's evolution. It's about time they make a Pokémon that carries many different and has an evolution to go with it too. Mebukijika is a really nice evolution for it too and it's form depending on season was well thought out I have to say. The winter and spring forms being my favorite.

Churine looks like a very soothing pokémon and sort of reminds me of Castform. In a way it's like a leaf form but I'm guessing its just the way the body structure is that gives me that thought.

There's a lot of new pokémon and a lot to say, and these are just a few mere thoughts. With the release of the game next week, there is going to be a lot more pokémon to discuss.

Last edited:
    Years
    After staring at this CoroCoro for a long time, I've come to accept these new Pokemon. Some of them REALLY remind me of the simpler days with Pokemon. Especially Mr. Pokeball Mushroom. :P The afro bull looks amazing as well, and I'm happy that it doesn't evolve from Tauros.

I adore the monkey trio, and I'd say that the water monkey is my favorite of the 3 because of its adorable pose and expression. <3 It looks so happy. x3 And someone said this earlier, I can't remember who... But that pre-evolution of Gigaisu (sp?) DOES look like a rock version of a bob-omb. xD

The puppy and the cat (don't feel like searching the names) are adorable. The dog is cuter though, and if it is a White version exclusive, then that makes me happier, since I hated Rankurusu (no offense to Ran lovers), and I always wanted Gochiruzeru. But I'm getting White for Zekrom and White Forest. ;)

Even with there being so many nice Pokemon here, there's some that I really hate. Tabunne isn't even cute, IMO. That thing is hideous, and its legs confuse me... Those weird cotton grass things also bother me because they don't really look like Pokemon at all. They look more like the many smiley faced creatures in the Mario games. xD
    I don't hate Shikijika's evolution, but it looking so masculine is what bothers me. It went from a girly little pink doe, to a macho deer. And its different forms seem exaggerated. Like the humongous bush on its head in Fall and Summer form. I like its Spring and Winter forms however. :>

I'm also glad that I can FINALLY see what some of the Pokemon look like in their Sugimori artwork. Ononokusu looks WAY better in its Sugimori artwork than its sprite. And finally we can see Desukan's face. It looks much better than some of the fan art I've seen... no offense. :x Denchura looks adorable, surprisingly. Those huge eyes... And I love its unique typing.

Also, I think what Game Freak is trying to do is make similar species of Pokemon from previous generations, but not have them linked evolution wise. I very much believe the rumor that there will be no evolutions or pre-evolutions for previous generation Pokemon. Especially considering that Isshu is very far away from the other regions.

And with the whole starter thing... I guess I have no choice but to accept them. The fact that only Pokabu will be dual typed and is once again repeating the Fire/Fighting combo, and Mijumaru's evolution isn't the samurai otter I've been hoping for just saddens me. I'll just do what I did with Piplup in Pearl to Pokabu. Never let it evolve. ._.

W00T, long post. :B

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Besides the new pokemon im extra excited for the new dream world :D cant w8 to see what can we do there, minigames and stuff.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    After staring at this CoroCoro for a long time, I've come to accept these new Pokemon. Some of them REALLY remind me of the simpler days with Pokemon. Especially Mr. Pokeball Mushroom. :P The afro bull looks amazing as well, and I'm happy that it doesn't evolve from Tauros.

I adore the monkey trio, and I'd say that the water monkey is my favorite of the 3 because of its adorable pose and expression. <3 It looks so happy. x3 And someone said this earlier, I can't remember who... But that pre-evolution of Gigaisu (sp?) DOES look like a rock version of a bob-omb. xD

The puppy and the cat (don't feel like searching the names) are adorable. The dog is cuter though, and if it is a White version exclusive, then that makes me happier, since I hated Rankurusu (no offense to Ran lovers), and I always wanted Gochiruzeru. But I'm getting White for Zekrom and White Forest. ;)

Even with there being so many nice Pokemon here, there's some that I really hate. Tabunne isn't even cute, IMO. That thing is hideous, and its legs confuse me... Those weird cotton grass things also bother me because they don't really look like Pokemon at all. They look more like the many smiley faced creatures in the Mario games. xD
    I don't hate Shikijika's evolution, but it looking so masculine is what bothers me. It went from a girly little pink doe, to a macho deer. And its different forms seem exaggerated. Like the humongous bush on its head in Fall and Summer form. I like its Spring and Winter forms however. :>

I'm also glad that I can FINALLY see what some of the Pokemon look like in their Sugimori artwork. Ononokusu looks WAY better in its Sugimori artwork than its sprite. And finally we can see Desukan's face. It looks much better than some of the fan art I've seen... no offense. :x Denchura looks adorable, surprisingly. Those huge eyes... And I love its unique typing.

Also, I think what Game Freak is trying to do is make similar species of Pokemon from previous generations, but not have them linked evolution wise. I very much believe the rumor that there will be no evolutions or pre-evolutions for previous generation Pokemon. Especially considering that Isshu is very far away from the other regions.

And with the whole starter thing... I guess I have no choice but to accept them. The fact that only Pokabu will be dual typed and is once again repeating the Fire/Fighting combo, and Mijumaru's evolution isn't the samurai otter I've been hoping for just saddens me. I'll just do what I did with Piplup in Pearl to Pokabu. Never let it evolve. ._.

W00T, long post. :B

Yey. One of us. Someone who finally accepts that their awesome ;D

I actually might do that with Pokabu.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Now I know what people mean by they don't look very Pokemon-ish. Personally, the newer Regions are my fave, but I'm not liking this one. So currently Hoenn and Sinnoh are still my fave :\

And what a hypocrite Ken (Or whoever said it) is being. They say they don't want the player to be stuck with the same type Pokemon all-through the game so that's why they changed Mijumaru drastically. But you leave us with the same typing, also with Tsutarja? And you give us Fire/Fighting again that some of us are frankly tired of.

No, I'm not letting it go.

And agreeing with ManhattanTheStarr, I'm not evolving my Tsutarja also. It's the only bright side of the evos being pure Grass. Since it doesn't gain a second tyoping, I have no reason to change my Leavi <3

But, mine will be male so I won't be able to breed it for eggs then to trade the other starters. Ah well, they ain't so hot anyway.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Is it just me or has BW released more cute Pokemon than other generations ? <3

I love <3<3<3 Mebujika it's so cute <3<3

I don't want to go all out, but I'm in love with Shikijika's evolution. It's about time they make a Pokémon that carries many different and has an evolution to go with it too. Mebukijika is a really nice evolution for it too and it's form depending on season was well thought out I have to say. The winter and spring forms being my favorite.

I'm glad other people agree! :)

Although I can't help, but think of poor Stantler who's going to be even more left behind when compared to Mebukijika.

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    There is more news on other sites than on that first post... Before this batch of news, only the legendary pair reveal excited me. My thoughts:

Spoiler:

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    So the starters turned out to be real?
    I don't care, I just got used to them. :)
    And... after seeing Yooterii... Oh my god...
    It's has instantly become one of my favorites Pokémon ever. It is just too cute!
    Anyway, I love all the new Pokémon.

I can't wait! :D

September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Whilst Linoone is setting up it becomes a sitting Duck.

Slaking's traunt has crippled it's sweeping potential.

If Snorlax is pitiful, why is it in OU whilst Exploud is still crawling around UU

once again whilst Zangoose and Linoone set up Infernape and other fighters can come and decimate them with one hit. Zangoose has low speed. Linoone has Low attack.

When I said go back to Yugioh, not just for what you said, about when you were saying the images were Fake. You couldn't accept it that they were real.

it all depends on how you use them, after all i proved dunsparce is worth of OU, since it took out the OU Salamence in 1hit, & several other OUs im not gonna brag about :P

either their fake, or corocoro seriously ****ed up (sorry forever-san but i had to put it that way) when they printed it, theres too many mistakes for a professional magazine company :/
    (plus thats like 4pages ago, get over it already)

i just cant stand another worthless fire beginner, its ugly, its pathetic, & its the worst pokemon since spiritombs ugliness showed up >.< (id like spiritomb is that one eye didnt screw it up entirely for me)

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Its sad... I wont use Pokabu after all. I'll go with Tsutuja or Mijumaru, most probably Mijumaru though. Dont want another Fire/Fighting... Maybe I'll Get Pokabu if the 3rd evo have another type...

Years
    Wait, I have a question... Is the Pokemon next to Basurao supposed to be a pre-evolution, or an evolution...? Or, is it just some alternate form? Also, I think Basurao is based off of a sea bass or something. Lol, I know it's kinda obvious. x3

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    Man, of course there has to be controversy with the Starter scans..

I want a straight and final answer already.

btw, the Afro-Bull looks so idiotic.
    Are they trying to make a Tauros wannabe on purpose, with poof extensions?

And another deer. Combating Stantler.
    Except this time, the deer is environmentally aware.

These 2 better have an explanation, there better be some some relation, or I'm beginning to think they're rehash-rebooting the series.
    (no evo's/connections to the previous 4 gens.. at all?)
    Come on..!
    ...Have you not read the interview in Pokemon Pia/Peer?

Sugimori: We were developing it at the same time as Pocket Monsters Platinum and Pocket Monsters Heart Gold and Soul Silver. In this game, since old Pokemon do not appear, and a new world is the stage, we needed to create an ecosystem purely for the newly-designed Pokemon. Up until now, we designed with the philosophy that, "a mouse-like Pokemon already exists, so let's make other Pokemon"—but this time they were all new. So, once again we designed a mouse-like Pokemon, a dog-like Pokemon, etc. from scratch

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Wait, I have a question... Is the Pokemon next to Basurao supposed to be a pre-evolution, or an evolution...? Or, is it just some alternate form? Also, I think Basurao is based off of a sea bass or something. Lol, I know it's kinda obvious. x3

They're alternate forms, one for each version. I actually thought it might be based off of salmon, myself, which would also fit the forme change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back