• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Why so much Pokabu evo hate? Yeah, its the third Fire/Fighting evo in a row, but that doesn't make it a carbon copy of Blaziken and Infernape. Besides, I hardly ever use Fire starters, so it'll be a nice change of pace for myself personally.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Chaobuu looks totally adorable? (I probably am orz) Jyanobii looks rather ugly to me...

Chaobuu is cute, but everything about it is just annoying besides its appearance. They had so much potentional with Pokabu. But no, they through all that away to do something that they already did twice before. :| That just really annoys me.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    :000 Really?

Which one is exclusive for which version? Plllllzz tell me that the red one is in White... D:

Just thought I'd put this in for everyone.

• Basurao - Has two forms and depending on the version you get, will decide which one you will obtain.

• Monmen - Only encountered with Pokémon Black.

• Churine - Only encountered with Pokémon White.
    Those three are the only ones in the scan that are version obtainable. As for Basurao, I'm not sure as to which form is available in which version. The monkey trio doesn't seem to be a version exclusive and looks like they will be available in both games.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years

Just thought I'd put this in for everyone.

• Basurao - Has two forms and depending on the version you get, will decide which one you will obtain.

• Monmen - Only encountered with Pokémon Black.

• Churine - Only encountered with Pokémon White.
    Those three are the only ones in the scan that are version obtainable. As for Basurao, I'm not sure as to which form is available in which version. The monkey trio doesn't seem to be a version exclusive and looks like they will be available in both games.

The monkeys better be available. I want the fire one now.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    Chaobuu is cute, but everything about it is just annoying besides its appearance. They had so much potentional with Pokabu. But no, they through all that away to do something that they already did twice before. :| That just really annoys me.

Well, I never looked at the Pokemon and imagined what they could be like when they evolved. Because I knew that if I did that, they would never live up to my expectations, because in my mind they would be perfect.

Besides, it's not like it's the most overdone typing. It isn't. Has anyone complained about the massive amounts of Normal/Flying? Grass/Poison?

Same type (or same look, when you look at the bull, deer, cat, and Mamanbo) does not equal same Pokemon. You all need to have a more open mind instead of comparing to others.

Years

Yeah... I agree. I was really hoping for Pokabu to be either Fire/Ground, Fire/Rock or (yes, this is random) Fire/Poison. :P

https://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/165/3/b/FIRE_BOAR_by_Ununununium.jpg <- If only Pokabu turned out like that. U_U

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Well, I never looked at the Pokemon and imagined what they could be like when they evolved. Because I knew that if I did that, they would never live up to my expectations, because in my mind they would be perfect.

Besides, it's not like it's the most overdone typing. It isn't. Has anyone complained about the massive amounts of Normal/Flying? Grass/Poison?

Same type does not equal same Pokemon. You all need to have a more open mind instead of comparing to others.

You seem to be completely missing why people are so mad about another Fire/Fighting.

Starters are supposed to be unique. Making another Fire/Fighting just lacks creativity, and is not a unique type for a starter. No one is saying they're similiar. And people are complaining about the access of Normal/Flying and Grass/Poison, just not here because this isn't the place. :|

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Yeah... I agree. I was really hoping for Pokabu to be either Fire/Ground, Fire/Rock or (yes, this is random) Fire/Poison. :P

https://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/165/3/b/FIRE_BOAR_by_Ununununium.jpg <- If only Pokabu turned out like that. U_U

That's the best fanart for Pokabu's final form I've ever seen. And it only serves to make me sadder at how it seems Pokabu will actually turn out... It's almost as though making him a proper Badass Fire Boar was too obvious for Nintendo, so they went a completely different way.

I'm not going to hide my disappointment; Pokabu, for me, had the potential to be the best fire starter since Cyndaquil, I liked his appearance that much. But the rumoured final stage looks so much like Rhyperior it actually borders on ridiculous, and if its type really is Fire/Fighting then I'll frankly be pretty peeved. Not only is it a blatant re-hash of one Pokemon in appearance, but it's a blatant re-hash of two others through typing. I agree that starters should be interesting and unique, and having the same type for 3 - yes THREE - fire starters in a row is just silly, especially considering how many other types haven't been paired with fire yet.

Rant over. I'll still use Pokabu and probably evolve him just because I can never be bothered raising NFE Pokemon; I just think it's a missed opportunity. Of course there is still a faint chance that the rumoured final stages are fake, so I'll still hold out hope until the game comes out...

EDIT: I should probably say something positive as well - I LOVE the fire monkey. I love all three of them actually, to the point that I might box away all three starters and use the monkeys instead! I really hope their evolutions don't disappoint me like the starters' have. I also love Gigaiasu and its pre-evo, and page 6 shows what will almost certainly end up being 4 of an actual team of mine, they're all awesome.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Holy Mama, Shikijika's Winter Evo is a funky papi. getting that one for sure!! And the haunted sarcophagus is pretty cool too! The bull with the fro's kinda cool. The pokemon on page 8 look like toys for female toddlers. The 3 fish are kind of carvanha rip-offs. But why is one blue and one red? What are the differences? The dog and cat are cool :D I hope they get awesome evos. And what's with the gladiator dude?
    I think gamefreak are really taking a liking to the grass types this year lol. I practically fell in love Mebukijika, and I really like its winter fur. And as for the fish, it might be a regional difference, like how the shellos family was. I just read that it has version differences :p

They are all amazing except for the 3 grass-types... that mushroom is dumb as hell.
    woah show some love for the mushrooms. But im curious to why Tamagetake has a pokeball design on the top of its head.

So all this stuff Pokexperto was saying is true... Goodness these Pokemon look horrible.
    It really looks like Game Freak is running out of ideas. u_u
    Thats what everyone said about the 3 and 4th generations and look at them now. And how are they running out of ideas?
    -dream world
    -3 gym leaders in a single gym
    -seasonal changes
    -reuseable TM's
    -pokeshifter
    -GTS in every pokemon center
    -more version exclusives
    -new type combos

Psh, if you don't think Game Freak using the Fire/Fighting combo for a third time in a row isn't running out of ideas, then I don't know what is.
    .......probably because it works for everyone, I dont hear anyone complain about Blaziken and Infernape.

True about Desukan, this generation is really gonna make people work for their battle winnings in competitive play.
    I just realized that, xD it looks like these games will take longer to complete than the previous ones.

With no old Pokémon being brought into this game before the National Dex, that means there needs to be replacements. We've seen a lot of replacements so far for Zubat, Growlithe, Feline line, Pikachu spin-off, Aipom, etc. I feel that the one to replace Chansey, and I don't know if this was mentioned here already, is Tabunne. It's the new healing Pokémon and along with that it follows the same type and color as Chansey. I just wonder if it'll be as good as Chansey/Blissey is when it comes to W-Fi and Shoddy.
    After reading that and looking back at the scans, Im starting to doubt that they will include the "favorite 25" in the Isshu dex. I have seen the possible geodude replacement; hopefully its cry will be less annoying than geodudes too lol. And then again the Isshu region is pretty far from the other regions so this might be a complete reboot of the pokedex. Im excited and yet scared because of their mascot pikachu will not be in the game. But hey Emonga is a pretty beast pokemon :D

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I think we should be disappointed with the final evolution of Pignite. I do think it should have had four legs instead of standing up on hind legs..
    So is anyone actually going to release their starters and going to use the already shown Pokémon?
    No?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Brand New Corocoro Scans!!

September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Yorterri
    (yooterii) (Yorkishire terrier) – Puppy Pokemon – Normal type – Ability: Pick-up
    Basurao – Violent Pokemon – Water type – Abilities: Reckless/Adaptability. There are two forms, in each game both are findable however their encounter rate is different.
    Choroneko – Ill Natured Pokemon – Dark type – Abilities: Limber/Unburden
    Tabunne – Listening Pokemon – Normal type – Abilities: Healing Heart/Regeneration*
    Monmen – Cotton Ball Pokemon – Grass type – Abilities: Teasing Heart*/Slip Through*
    Churine – Stump Pokemon – Grass type – Abilities: Chlorophyll/Own Tempo
    Tamagetake – Mushroom Pokemon – Grass/Poison type – Ability: Effect Spore
    Baffuron – Headbutting Cattle Pokemon – Normal type – Abilities: Reckless/Herbivore
    Dangoro – Mantle Pokemon – Rock type – Ability: Sturdy
    Mebukijika – Seasonal Pokemon – Normal/Grass type – Abilities: Herbivore/Chlorophyll [Shikijika evo]
    Desukaan – Casket Pokemon – Ghost type [?!] – Ability: Mummy*
    Ononokusu – Chin Horn Pokemon – Dragon type – Abilities: Rivalry/Mold Breaker
    Denchura – Electric Spider Pokemon – Bug/Electric type – Abilities: Compoundeyes/Tension*
    Doryuuzu – Deep Earth Pokemon – Ground/Steel type – Abilities: Sand Scatter*/Sand Power*
    * denotes new ability
    The plasma guy is an admin named Gatis.
    Credit to Pokejungle for the info

My Take:

I really don't like Basurao's design and it doesn't look powerful or useful
    The Yak has a really cool design and might have a high attack stat
    I think the Shikija evo should have been a lighter shade of brown so it would look more like Shijika
    Yorterri might be the dog Pokemon nintendo could have been reffering to, although there was a rumor that there was a shih tzu dog as well. I really like its design as well
    Chorineko the dark cat, which is owned by the mysterious trainer, N
    The Gigiasu line seems to be based on earth's layers, this is really unique and they are one of my favorite lines.
    I like Desukan's now since its face was shown
    Denchura has unique typing but bugs still are in a huge ditch dug by GF
    Ononokusu is pure dragon, huh. With the rumour of a 3 headed Hydra as the pseudo, it seems Ononokusu may take a fllygon role, or maybe a role of salamence to metagross, having 2 pseudo-legends.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh AceDragonite, this thread was really active, dunno how you missed it. XD; Merged anyway.

Years
    I think we should be disappointed with the final evolution of Pignite. I do think it should have had four legs instead of standing up on hind legs..
    So is anyone actually going to release their starters and going to use the already shown Pokémon?
    No?

I have no idea what I'm gonna do with Pokabu. I could just hold onto it, and keep it in its base form... Or I can box it after catching a different Pokemon. I'd hate to have to get rid of my own starter, because I've never done it before, and it just doesn't seem right. But these starters are just too... I don't even know. D:, Maybe I could use one of the elemental monkeys...

@Sammuthegreat: Yes, that's exactly how I feel about Pokabu. Amazing. When I first saw Pokabu I hated it SO much because I thought it was too similar to Spoink (dunno how). Then after seeing lots of fan art of it, I began to fall in love with it, and it became one of my favorite starters after Squirtle (and I LUV Squirtle). But seeing these supposed evolutions actually made Pokabu one of the worst starters, IMO. I feel so bad knowing that my cute little fire pig will evolve into a sumo... =/

Last edited:

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    Baffuron

Oh man. So many of these are awesome! I will be frustrated if Baffuron is Tauros's evo. I don't like the way it looks, the really effed it up if so.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Originally Posted by CZbwoi
    Man, of course there has to be controversy with the Starter scans..

I want a straight and final answer already.

btw, the Afro-Bull looks so idiotic.
    Are they trying to make a Tauros wannabe on purpose, with poof extensions?

And another deer. Combating Stantler.
    Except this time, the deer is environmentally aware.

These 2 better have an explanation, there better be some some relation, or I'm beginning to think they're rehash-rebooting the series.
    (no evo's/connections to the previous 4 gens.. at all?)
    Come on..!
    ...Have you not read the interview in Pokemon Pia/Peer?
    Sugimori: We were developing it at the same time as Pocket Monsters Platinum and Pocket Monsters Heart Gold and Soul Silver. In this game, since old Pokemon do not appear, and a new world is the stage, we needed to create an ecosystem purely for the newly-designed Pokemon. Up until now, we designed with the philosophy that, "a mouse-like Pokemon already exists, so let's make other Pokemon"—but this time they were all new. So, once again we designed a mouse-like Pokemon, a dog-like Pokemon, etc. from scratch

As a matter of fact, I posted the interview. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6143284#post6143284

I was merely showing my dislike of the end decision, not being unbeknownst of it.
    When I said "I'm beginning to think they're rehash-rebooting the series." I was talking about not including old Pokes in the MAIN part of the games for all the next gens from here on, like how they did for B&W.

Which in my opinion is silly if this trend will continue on for the next games, completely disregarding the last 493 Pokemon, until after you beat the game and obtain the National Dex/enter the 'Dream World'.
    That sounds so dumb.

Even if it is a new far away region and such, I'm sure a Pidgey delivered a letter there before. :knockedou
    Come on, GameFreak, using logic is key. In this sense, Poke-Logic even kids won't question, that seems plausible.

Years
    Oh man. So many of these are awesome! I will be frustrated if Baffuron is Tauros's evo. I don't like the way it looks, the really effed it up if so.

Baffuron is too awesome and hip to evolve from Tauros. Tauros doesn't deserve an evolution like that.

But there won't be any evolutions or pre-evolutions of previous Pokemon, so Game Freak is basically remaking some of the Pokemon. =3

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Forever has just achevied ninja status.

Anyhow, it seems like Ononokusu's role has been downgraded in a way as there was already a rumour of another pseduo-legend with better typing. So what do you think, will it be like a flygon?
    Also, am I the only one who likes Pokabu's evos? *Takes out Gigiasu to take the flames*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back