• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Maybe that is the reason for the number of fire/fighting starters. Just look at Blaziken and Infernape, they practically took over half of the game with sweeping all the enemies, and dont forget the different kinds of moves they are able to use.

:( but fire/fighting has been done 3times now, i couldnt mind if it was an actual fire fighter, then itd be kinda cool :) but if they made a pokemon like that itd be a fire/water :cer_laugh:

ill live :/ but i still find fire/fighting boring 3times in a row

i mentioned victini, cuz its the mew of the region IMO :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    :( but fire/fighting has been done 3times now, i couldnt mind if it was an actual fire fighter, then itd be kinda cool :) but if they made a pokemon like that itd be a fire/water :cer_laugh:

yeah well Poison/Grass and Normal/Flying has been done way more...and they still are doing it, it's become a classic type combo now...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    i was kinda hoping for a velociraptor thats fire/rock, or pure fire :) maybe fire/dragon :P
    & a fire/electric family, thatd be interesting to see :) some kinda plasma pokemon <3
    of course my wish for a fire/dragon family is once again ignored :(

Rankurusu is like a plasma pokemon. Even though it is Pshychic :L

There are so many grass types because you are in NY now. No fiery caves or anything. City and grassland and a harbour means more flying, Grass, Psychic and Water types and = less fire and Ice types.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

Yeah this too, fire types are as rare as Dragon types if not rarer...

By Velociraptor you mean that ancient bird pokemon they mentioned if so I think it will be a Archaeopteryx not a Velociraptor, and I think it will be Grass/rock :)

no i meant the badasses in jurassic park that made you piss yourself as a lil kid

grass/rock is the worst combo ever for velociraptors, cuz their fast (neither of those types are), their highly intelligent (most rock types are complete idiots), & they hunt in packs for prey so it wouldnt work for grass since their herbivores, & rocks eat dirt :P

Years
    no i meant the badasses in jurassic park that made you piss yourself as a lil kid

grass/rock is the worst combo ever for velociraptors, cuz their fast (neither of those types are), their highly intelligent (most rock types are complete idiots), & they hunt in packs for prey so it wouldnt work for grass since their herbivores, & rocks eat dirt :P
    I meant for the bird fossil not your Velociraptor, and that combo I thought up because it would match it's body which is can be shaggy like vines...
    Fire/fighting would be a good combo for your Velociraptor now :)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Rankurusu is like a plasma pokemon. Even though it is Pshychic :L

There are so many grass types because you are in NY now. No fiery caves or anything. City and grassland and a harbour means more flying, Grass, Psychic and Water types and = less fire and Ice types.

not plasma at all, single cell organism.

in NYC what is most common?
    pollution
    then heat, its never cold in that city except in winter (when everyone is inside hiding by the furnace :cer_laugh: )

I meant for the bird fossil not your Velociraptor, and that combo I thought up because it would match it's body which is can be shaggy like vines...
    Fire/fighting would be a good combo for your Velociraptor now :)

the bird would fit that, or maybe grass/flying :) i like grass/flying
    except jumpluff :/

NO MORE FIRE/FIGHTING!
    your gettin as bad as nintendo your running out of ideas for fire combos -_-"

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years

That is true, but fire/fighting works for players, and I guess thats what really counts. If they were to make something like fire/ground, then grass would have more effect on it making it vulruenable to both water and grass (even though grass will have 1x effect now)

*fire/ghost wouldnt work because all the starters have a normal type move to start off with thus making the other 2 starters at a disadvantage
    *fire/rock- same as fire/ground
    *fire/dragon- obvious reasons
    *fire/electric- a nightmare for the water starter
    *fire/steel- a nightmare for the pokemon itself lol

you get the point xD

edit: the games isnt just about creativity, it is about what really works for the players.

King Gumball

Years

pollution
    then heat, its never cold in that city except in winter (when everyone is inside hiding by the furnace :cer_laugh: )

Oh right, my mistake.

They wouldn't want fire types strolling the streets of NY city. And where would they live too? Sleep on the streets?

Years
    That is true, but fire/fighting works for players, and I guess thats what really counts. If they were to make something like fire/ground, then grass would have more effect on it making it vulruenable to both water and grass (even though grass will have 1x effect now)

*fire/ghost wouldnt work because all the starters have a normal type move to start off with thus making the other 2 starters at a disadvantage

you get the point xD

Yooo, wut about fiyur n' poisun?
    Dat wud be HAWT, yo.

But seriously, I'd love a unique combo like Fire/Poison.
    ...Even though it'd be weak to Psychic... 2x weak to Ground... Water... Rock... Holy crap, that'd be horrible. D:,

Years

pollution

the bird would fit that, or maybe grass/flying :) i like grass/flying
    except jumpluff :/

NO MORE FIRE/FIGHTING!
    your gettin as bad as nintendo your running out of ideas for fire combos -_-"
    Yeah or maybe Grass/Fighting for the Bird :)
    Yeah well you got to admit it's a good combo for a Veciraptor...or it could be Fire/electric too ;)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

you get the point xD

torterra, empoleon, swampert, the all made things either un fair on others or on themselves so your point is kinda mute :/

the pokemons type is always pure on its first stage (minus bulbasaur)
    so all of those really wouldnt make a difference anyways
    & why does the fire beginner pokemon always gotta be the odd one out?
    all the others get cool type combos& what fire gets shoved off without any love?

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I think Fire/Fighting is fine, at least this one will be more bulky hopefully, unlike the speedy Blaziken and Infernape. Doesn't make me a difference though, I got my otter.=) lol

Pokemon Sunday is on, btw.

Years
    torterra, empoleon, swampert, the all made things either un fair on others or on themselves so your point is kinda mute :/

the pokemons type is always pure on its first stage (minus bulbasaur)
    so all of those really wouldnt make a difference anyways
    all the others get cool type combos& what fire gets shoved off without any love?
    Well it was the opposite in gen 3 when Blaziken got Fire/Fighting, and Swapmpert got a type combo that was done last gen (though not by a starter) and Sceptile which was pure Grass, now that's another reason to love gen 3 :laugh:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

Yeah or maybe Grass/Fighting for the Bird :)
    Yeah well you got to admit it's a good combo for a Veciraptor...or it could be Fire/electric too ;)

i just dont want fighting to be the ONLY type combo for fire types :/

Well it was the opposite in gen 3 when Blaziken got Fire/Fighting, and Swapmpert got a type combo that was done last gen (though not by a starter) and Sceptile which was pure Grass, now that's another reason to love gen 3 :laugh:

it seems gen3 is the only gen that i love all beginners :)

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Because fire is dangerous and it can kill you xDD (known fact)
    I myself do not like fires, I cant stand a candle next to me, and I get freaked out when I watch Avatar the last airbender. lol

But yeah your right about the 1st stage of starters being pure types, with the exception of bulbasaur. I was just looking for an explanmation for the number of fire/fighting types. Dont forget looks can be decieving ;D

King Gumball

Years
    Fire and fighting go so well with each other though. But I do see your point. I would like stuff like fire/electric and fire/Ice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back