• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • Isn't it ironic that most of the fire starters are fire fighters? *shot for bad pun*
    That made my day :P

I still dont understand the fakeness of these scans, just because you dont like the designs doesnt mean that they are fake. Anyways Im going to give a comment to some of the new pokemon I missed

Mebukijika
    -you my friend, you are going to be the biggest thing in the grass family.

Doryuuzu
    -I wonder if it has a low speed stat since it is based off of a mole, and moles are generally blind. Love its design though

The fire/water/grass monkey trio
    -I was a little stunned about this, it makes me wonder if they are any more of these in Isshu

Ononokusu
    -At first I thought it was some kind of big bad bug pokemon, but I am really, and I mean really happy that it is a dragon-type :3

Desukan
    -Scary yet creative in my eyes. Yep I am definitley afraid of this pokemon, just look at that determination in its eyes!
    September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Denchura
    -Fried spiders anyone? Move out of the way Ariados! Love its typing :D

Basuaro
    -Parhanas for the win, reminds me of carvanna, which is a plus for me because of my love for hoenn

Tabunne
    -It is simply adorable, and since its a chansey remake it might have that massive HP stat. Brings back memories of how long it takes to bring down a chansey

Monmen
    -grass types cant get any cuter than that :3 Im so glad that Im getting Black version

Churine
    -aww more cute grass types! Im highly curious about their evolutions

Tamagetake
    -doot-doot-doot doot doot DOOT! doot. A game of super mario anyone? Why did gamefreak decide to put the pokeball symbol ontop of its head?

Dangoro
    -hahaha geodude remake! I wonder if it evolves into Gigaiasu.

Baffuron
    -Red bull gives you an afro, it looks way stronger than Tauros

Chronoeko
    -It is the modern cat of the generation, I guess it could be one of those pokemon owned by the high-class trainers.

Yooterii
    -ohmegeeisntitthecutestthingyouhaveeverseen? It is just sooo adorable! And if I am correct I believe that this is the first dog-based pokemon that is a normal type. Aww look at that little face :33

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Since it is "the new Voltorb of this region" it will get an evo. Probably a huge fat mushroom with pokeball head too that is Grass/Poison.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    @Glitch The moles have an ability that increases their speed in Sand Storm weather.

@bobman They are also found at level 10. Butterfree, Beedrill, Dustox, and Beautifly are really weak compared to other Stage 2 Pokemon (third Form) They are actually on level with a bunch of Stage One Pokemon.

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
  • Lovin' Desukan's design.
    Lovin' the Afro Bull.
    Lovin' the new Grass-types.
    Really lovin' Yanappu's little friends :D

Overall, I like what I'm seeing here, very much so! My only quip: Pokabu's evo needs to die. It's ugly and the typing has been done to death already.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

Yeah I know I'm just joking around with that :P
    I like the mushroom, I hope it get's an evolution :)

sadly it does :(
    i think theres too many grass types this gen :/

and still not enough fire to balance out no fire types in gen4
    we get pokabu (uggggg, if it was anything but fighting i wouldnt mind)
    the fire monkey <3 cute, but until i know the evo, not worth using
    the hidi-something line, meh... i dont really like it, but this gens fire types all look the same :/
    & a supposedly not yet revealed ghost/fire pokemon which if it is, i bet its a candle, or at least i hope so, or some sort of lantern :) and itll be my fire type
    of course theres Victini, but its an event legend so ya, not gonna happen anytime soon :(
    i wish theyd at least put 2more fire type families this gen, we really need it

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • sadly it does :(
    Hopefully the large amount of grass types is a make-up for the lack of power most of them had in the previous generations. And despite my lack of love for the fire types, I do agree that we need more fire families.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years

the hidi-something line, meh... i dont really like it, but this gens fire types all look the same :/
    & a supposedly not yet revealed ghost/fire pokemon which if it is, i bet its a candle, or at least i hope so, or some sort of lantern :) and itll be my fire type
    of course theres Victini, but its an event legend so ya, not gonna happen anytime soon :(
    I'll admit that I carry a Fire type Pokemon whenever I can, but it's not really something we 'need', although we definately need more than Sinnoh had.

On the other hand, I'm having a difficult time deciding which starter I'm going to pick now. At first I was set on Pokabu, but Pokabu's final evo isn't as good as I'd hoped, and Tsutaja's turned out way better than I thought. If I choose Tsutaja, I'll probably look around for a Fire type, in which case I do hope there's a few.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Hopefully the large amount of grass types is a make-up for the lack of power most of them had in the previous generations. And despite my lack of love for the fire types, I do agree that we need more fire families.

i was kinda hoping for a velociraptor thats fire/rock, or pure fire :) maybe fire/dragon :P
    & a fire/electric family, thatd be interesting to see :) some kinda plasma pokemon <3
    of course my wish for a fire/dragon family is once again ignored :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Well you seem to be in luck according to Pokebeach it has an evolution:
    • 513/019 - Baoppu - Basic - Fire: A monkey with an orange/red body with a flame-style hair and tail. It has a sleepy face.
    • 514/020 - ????? - Stage 1 - Fire: It is fatter than grass evolution (Yannapu's evolution) and seems confused. Tail and hair have flames. Red/orange color.
    Also you forgot about Rashiram but that might be due to the fact that you don't like it...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I'll admit that I carry a Fire type Pokemon whenever I can, but it's not really something we 'need', although we definately need more than Sinnoh had.

On the other hand, I'm having a difficult time deciding which starter I'm going to pick now. At first I was set on Pokabu, but Pokabu's final evo isn't as good as I'd hoped, and Tsutaja's turned out way better than I thought. If I choose Tsutaja, I'll probably look around for a Fire type, in which case I do hope there's a few.

if you add the amount of dark types & steel types released in gen5, youll see fire has become the 2nd to lowest supported type only beat by dragon :( (but dragons are supposed to be rare so its understandable :) ) we need more fire types to balance things out :/

Well you seem to be in luck according to Pokebeach it has an evolution: Also you forgot about Rashiram but that might be due to the fact that you don't like it...

i didnt forget it, i just didnt mention it since its an uber...
    *cringes* i like it now, cuz of personal reasons, lets not bring that up again please.

Last edited:

Years
  • if you add the amount of dark types & steel types released in gen5, youll see fire has become the 2nd to lowest supported type only beat by dragon :( (but dragons are supposed to be rare so its understandable :) ) we need more fire types to balance things out :/
    Well fire is rare in nature...maybe that's why we lack fire types :(?
    There was a rumor that showed how many pokemon of each type we were going to have...

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • if you add the amount of dark types & steel types released in gen5, youll see fire has become the 2nd to lowest supported type only beat by dragon :( (but dragons are supposed to be rare so its understandable :) ) we need more fire types to balance things out :/

*cringes* i like it now, cuz of personal reasons, lets not bring that up again please.

I don't know how you can even make that first conclusion since all the Pokemon have not been revealed.

Years

Lol but you mentioned Victini which might be uber too :P

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • if you add the amount of dark types & steel types released in gen5
    Maybe that is the reason for the number of fire/fighting starters. Just look at Blaziken and Infernape, they practically took over half of the game with sweeping all the enemies, and dont forget the different kinds of moves they are able to use.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

Well fire is rare in nature...maybe that's why we lack fire types :(?
    There was a rumor that showed how many pokemon of each type we were going to have...

but heat is common :) so itd be nice to just have a couple more, not that much, just a single 3stage dragon/fire family (chinese dragon? anyone?)

plus the velociraptor fits fire types :)

i saw the list, & the only fire types are the ones there :/
    ice gets a nice 3stage family :)
    & a polar bear 2stager :D

Years
  • Maybe that is the reason for the number of fire/fighting starters. Just look at Blaziken and Infernape, they practically took over half of the game with sweeping all the enemies, and dont forget the different kinds of moves they are able to use.
    Yeah this too, fire types are as rare as Dragon types if not rarer...

but heat is common :) so itd be nice to just have a couple more, not that much, just a single 3stage dragon/fire family (chinese dragon? anyone?)

plus the velociraptor fits fire types :)

i saw the list, & the only fire types are the ones there :/
    ice gets a nice 3stage family :)
    & a polar bear 2stager :D
    By Velociraptor you mean that ancient bird pokemon they mentioned if so I think it will be a Archaeopteryx not a Velociraptor, and I think it will be Grass/rock :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back