• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sereval New Errors

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
Couldn't find anything odd about the pre-defined options, maybe was the language or something. Else, it was my fault for using V4 Options in V9...

Heres the script:
Spoiler:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I see you've removed the player's ability to change the screen size and a few other options themselves. That's fair enough, but your problem is that you've also removed the default values of those options (in def initialize just above it). Those values need to be defined to something, even if they shouldn't be changed afterwards.

Here's all the initial values:

Code:
  def initialize
    @textspeed   = 2 # Text speed (0=slow, 1=mid, 2=fast)
    @battlescene = 0 # Battle scene (animations) (0=on, 1=off)
    @battlestyle = 0 # Battle style (0=shift, 1=set)
    @frame       = 0 # Default window frame (see also $TextFrames)
    @textskin    = 0 # Speech frame
    @font        = 0 # Font (see also $VersionStyles)
    @screensize  = DEFAULTSCREENZOOM.floor # 0=half size, 1=full size
    @tilemap     = 1 # Map view (0=original, 1=custom, 2=perspective)
    @language    = 0 # Language (see also LANGUAGES in script PokemonSystem)
  end
end
Add the missing ones back in, and it should work.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
Thanks again Maruno, you can't believe how helpfull you have been already... yet...

b9653202920a4de6a04b8dd.png

What am I doing wrong?
b7ede0e9a76f4fb8ba54c7a.png

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Sigh.

Your main problem is that you tried upgrading, and somewhere in that you did something wrong. That or Midnitez is being dense. At this point, you should probably just send me a copy of the not-working game so I can have a go at it myself.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
Fine. I will send you the link of MediaFire Download. There are a lot of graphics that still haven't been removed (all the pokémon ones not used) as well as several others.
Another curious note here. The Game runs past that error in Debug Mode, but anyways I sent the Current Version in a PM called "Fakemon Celestite"

Back