• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serris' Sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serris

The Constant
Years
i really like the argenteye and krikepede, they are really good. also,titanion seems a little small to be an evelution of eevee
Thanks. But you should've seen the old Titaneon sprite. Also, in league with Espeon, they're not that much different in size. Also, there are some evolutions where the evolution is smaller than the previous one.

Awesome Fakemons you have there
Thanks, I guess...

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2010
Wow, theyre great, I wish I could do stuff like this... But I can only recolour existing sprites really, :(

I like youre fakemon, they look really well thought out and have a history and everything. You should make a water horse, :P

Serris

The Constant
Years
Titaneon is awesome! They're all awesome, actually.

I commend your talents :D
Thanks so much :D

wow, i love your spriting!.......
Wow, lots of full stops.

Wow, theyre great, I wish I could do stuff like this... But I can only recolour existing sprites really, :(

I like youre fakemon, they look really well thought out and have a history and everything. You should make a water horse, :P
What do you mean by have a history?

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2012
Titaneon is my favorite fakemon of yours until now, but one thing's bothering me about it, and that's the fact that it lacks any colors other than the shiny gray. It would really help if you spruce him up, since colors are a major factor of pokemon creation and it does bring life to the sprite. ^^

Other than that, your pixel art is amazing, and I'd really like to see more. ^^

Serris

The Constant
Years
Thanks. What other suggestions could you make to "spruce" up Titaneon? I'd really like to make her stand out more :3

Years
I don't really have a full critique on anything, but I have to say some are your strong points are shading with dithering
and the scales Raipent! You seem to emulate texture well.

Though for some reason, your Titaneon and Emballat evolutuions seems to be lacking the same quality that your other sprites have.

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2012
Making the gem on Titaneon's forehead a different color than gray (I'd go for pink if I were you because it'll soften up her overall look) would work. Her eyes could also be colored to give the appearance of embedded jewels. You'd be surprised how much difference that would make to your sprite. ^^

Serris

The Constant
Years
I don't really have a full critique on anything, but I have to say some are your strong points are shading with dithering
and the scales Raipent! You seem to emulate texture well.

Though for some reason, your Titaneon and Emballat evolutuions seems to be lacking the same quality that your other sprites have.
The scales were worth the extra time adding onto Raipent. I think that's what makes him. But I also think he's lacking something. Titaneon will have a bit of a recolour session at some point. And the Fire line needs some work. Vespetra won't undergo a change, but the other two might, in terms of concept.

Thanks for the comment :)

Making the gem on Titaneon's forehead a different color than gray (I'd go for pink if I were you because it'll soften up her overall look) would work. Her eyes could also be colored to give the appearance of embedded jewels. You'd be surprised how much difference that would make to your sprite. ^^
I think pink is an interesting choice. I'll take these ideas and try them out. Thank you, Dots :)

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2012
Don't mention it, I'm really glad I was able to help. Hopefully, she'll look cuter than ever the next time you post the revamped version. ^^

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2010
These are awesome! My favorite one is Krickepede as there are no errors with shapes, shading, colors, etc. I want to see more of these!

JY

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
They're all really good, I like Raipent best. The Palkia needs work though.

Demonic Puppeteer

Got lost on the road of life
Years
I love how Krikepede looks like a Hollow from the anime Bleach XD But I think that it's on of your best ones. The others are not as good as that one, but still good. Krikepede is just almost the only one that is correct in both shading and design

Serris

The Constant
Years
Um. As the spriter of Krikepede, I must point out to you all that Krikepede is by far the worst. He suffers from multi light source syndrome (MLSS), and he needs a lot of work still. So I honestly don't know how you think he has good shading. But thank you all for the comments.

EDIT: Here's my latest fakemon. This guy has been in the works for a while, but I thought I'd show you him finally. His name is Subrineark!

subrineark_com.png

Pokemon: Subrineark

Type: Water/Dark

Height: 32'11"

Weight: 1062.8lbs

Evolution chain:
Carvanha >-Lv30-> Sharpedo >-Lvl up at Night w/ Razor Fang-> Subrineark

Description: Giving up speed, this pokémon grew in size to
combat it's main rival, Wailord. It's jagged teeth are capable
of ripping through any material.

Base stats:
HP - 80