• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] setting event position

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
  • Hi,so I had placed a gaurd at the end of a map who lets you pass after completing a task but after doing that when enter the map back the person event returns to its og postition and as the flag is set it doesn't move again how do i change the person event's pos so that it stays out of the way even after i enter the map again.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Hi,so I had placed a gaurd at the end of a map who lets you pass after completing a task but after doing that when enter the map back the person event returns to its og postition and as the flag is set it doesn't move again how do i change the person event's pos so that it stays out of the way even after i enter the map again.

Are you saying that the NPC is at location 1, you make a script that makes them move to location 2 in the map, but once you exit the map and return they're still at location 1?

For that you have to create a level script (which hopefully you know how to do, diegoeisawesome's XSE level script guide tells you how to make level scripts step-by-step).

The script will essentially look like this:
    Spoiler:

This'll make it so once you set the flag in your original script, the level script will be active and manually move the NPC to location2 every time you enter the map as you enter the map. And rather than the Level Script Type being 0x2 like it is in diegoisawesome's tutorial, since you're only moving NPC's around and not making people talk or anything, you use 0x5.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
    Years
  • Are you saying that the NPC is at location 1, you make a script that makes them move to location 2 in the map, but once you exit the map and return they're still at location 1?

For that you have to create a level script (which hopefully you know how to do, diegoeisawesome's XSE level script guide tells you how to make level scripts step-by-step).

The script will essentially look like this:
    Spoiler:

This'll make it so once you set the flag in your original script, the level script will be active and manually move the NPC to location2 every time you enter the map as you enter the map. And rather than the Level Script Type being 0x2 like it is in diegoisawesome's tutorial, since you're only moving NPC's around and not making people talk or anything, you use 0x5.

Oh, ok got it! tho i didn't understand the lvl script type in Diego's XSE tutorial(sorry noob here) but i do understand lvl scripts(kinda cuz i made one right now actually) but thank you so much, I'll try making one thanks :)

Back