• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seven Deadly Sins

Years
  • so, i was playing Heart Gold the other day and my friend was looking in my box. i had the shuckle that is given in cianwood city. it's ability is gluttony. My friend made a remark about the seven deadly sins being different abilities in the games. the only other ability i could think of was cute charm which could possibly be lust.
    so gluttony=gluttony (obvoiusly) and if cute charm=lust what are the rest of them.bulbapedia doesn't seem to have any info on this. so i was wondering if anyone noticed anything else.

Izzy_

Breeder-in-Training
    Years
  • Hmm,

Gluttony is Gluttony, Cute Charm is Lust, Truant would be Sloth and Guts or Pure Power might be Wrath.

Pride, Greed and Envy might be a bit difficult to think up.

Years
  • I always thought the next gen could have seven legendaries, one for each sin actually, could make abilities interesting, wouldn't have to have every legendary and it's dog having pressure then.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Greed or Envy could also be Frisk. :< Or whatever that ability is called. D;

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Gluttony is Gluttony, Cute Charm is Lust, Truant would be Sloth and Guts or Pure Power might be Wrath.

Pride, Greed and Envy might be a bit difficult to think up.

I would say Guts = Pride
    Pure Power = Wrath
    Frisk = Envy

Greed is hard to find. Maybe Sticky Hold? Lets you keep the item your holding onto.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I don't think Guts or Pressure embody Pride very well. Guts is more like perseverance, fighting until the last ounce of stamina, while Pressure is evoking a sense of fear in the foe. I think Recklessness is the best embodiment of Pride in terms of ability because its the overconfidence aspect that causes one to be reckless, and the same idea that the Pokemon's attacks causes its own downfall. Pride could also be seen as Wonder Guard, because the ability grants great defenses, but has many flaws which may be diminished by the conception that the user is all-powerful, eventually leading to an easy defeat.

I still think Envy is Trace or Download because those abilities copy things belonging to the foe when sent out.

Greed can be Liquid Ooze because it allows the user to retain its HP and cause harm to the foe, as per the clerical definition of greed: the malicious desire for power or wealth, especially through trickery, thievery, bribery, etc.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I still think Envy is Trace or Download because those abilities copy things belonging to the foe when sent out.

Download is closer to exploiting one's flaws then taking something from them.

Frisk seems to best embody Envy, as it shows that the user is willing to inspect the foe's possessions in order to compare and contrast with it's own, and steal it if it proves useful.

Back