• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Seven sages origins

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • The seven sages are said to have been gathered from far away lands which got me thinking where are they from.I think Rood ( guy you arrested in route 18) is from Hoenn namely pacificlodge town due to his line of how the place reminded him of his home and the surrounding area (route 17) has fast currents which have previously only appeared near said town in hoenn. Also hoenn is known for it's sea (being a region fully surrounded by water)As for ghetsis...he's either Unovan or is from Sinnoh which would explain a bit on how he got the dragon trios orbs and knows about Galactic ( however he does know about Rocket too...)what are your theories on the subject and on where the other 5 are from.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Well I like to think of us ( the players) as ignorant. I say this because to us unova has never exsisted, but to the people in the pokemon world its been there forever. So i would love for some of the sages to be from regions we havent heard from yet.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    All Rood said was the smell of the ocean reminded him of home. There are too many cities in the history of Pokemon that are coastal to the ocean.

"It smells of the sea here. This place has the same ocean smell as where I was born..."

Pacifilodge is on the sea...but so is Pallet, Cinibar, Vermilion, Fuchsia, Olivine, Cianwood, Dewford, Slateport, Mossdeep, Sunnyshore and Canalave.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • All Rood said was the smell of the ocean reminded him of home. There are too many cities in the history of Pokemon that are coastal to the ocean.

"It smells of the sea here. This place has the same ocean smell as where I was born..."

Pacifilodge is on the sea...but so is Pallet, Cinibar, Vermilion, Fuchsia, Olivine, Cianwood, Dewford, Slateport, Mossdeep, Sunnyshore and Canalave.

yes but five of the cities and towns you listed are in hoenn. that and hoenn is the the more tropical islands type of region. so its possible he is from hoenn.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    yes but five of the cities and towns you listed are in hoenn. that and hoenn is the the more tropical islands type of region. so its possible he is from hoenn.

I only listed 3 from Hoen. 4 if you count Pacifilodge.

Kanto 4, Johto 2, Hoen 4, and Sinnoh 2

Then you have the Sevii Islands which I purposefully left out of my original post. Main point being, they don't HAVE to be from a Region we know of. They can be real world locations.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I think Ghestis is from Sinnoh. The Shadow Triad mentioned he might've had a plan with the orbs, so... yeah.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Guys, remember not to speculate upon if those characters will be in R/S remakes & other connections B/W have towards the R/S remakes. Remember this is only about where the Sages came from within the games we know of, not if they came from the R/S remakes which haven't even happened yet.

Either way, I think Ghetsis did come from Sinnoh as mentioned, mainly due to his nature in general matching up with the bad dude (I have the best wording ever) from DPPT. And I've actually got an idea related to why I think the other Sages didn't come from Hoenn (sorta remembered from the first post). In N's castle, you'll hear one of the Platinum Grunts saying that both Rockets/Galactic's plans failed, carefully not mentioning Magma/Aqua. Plasma as a whole would have had to have witnessed the other plans failing right? (Including Ghetsis and the Sages) Otherwise they probably wouldn't have been able to create such a great plan themselves, so I think that either the Sages/Ghetsis weren't aware of Hoenn, or never bothered going there to watch the evil teams' plans there at all. :x That and what the other posters said about the fact that it could be any water-based town means that it can't necessarily be Hoenn just because everyone is expecting R/S remakes.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Guys, remember not to speculate upon if those characters will be in R/S remakes & other connections B/W have towards the R/S remakes. Remember this is only about where the Sages came from within the games we know of, not if they came from the R/S remakes which haven't even happened yet.

Either way, I think Ghetsis did come from Sinnoh as mentioned, mainly due to his nature in general matching up with the bad dude (I have the best wording ever) from DPPT. And I've actually got an idea related to why I think the other Sages didn't come from Hoenn (sorta remembered from the first post). In N's castle, you'll hear one of the Platinum Grunts saying that both Rockets/Galactic's plans failed, carefully not mentioning Magma/Aqua. Plasma as a whole would have had to have witnessed the other plans failing right? (Including Ghetsis and the Sages) Otherwise they probably wouldn't have been able to create such a great plan themselves, so I think that either the Sages/Ghetsis weren't aware of Hoenn, or never bothered going there to watch the evil teams' plans there at all. :x That and what the other posters said about the fact that it could be any water-based town means that it can't necessarily be Hoenn just because everyone is expecting R/S remakes.

well i kinda took that specific comment to mean that the events revolving around team aqua and magma hasn't happened yet.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    well i kinda took that specific comment to mean that the events revolving around team aqua and magma hasn't happened yet.

It would have to. Ruby and Sapphire's time line is at the same time as Red and Blue or Fire Red/Leaf Green hint the remakes being with them. While Gold/Silver/Crysal were at the same time as Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as determined by the beginning of D/P/Pt. Black and White are supposed to be After the events of D/P/Pt as Looker and Cynthia make regular visits. Looker was in D/P/Pt. And if Plasma knows about Galactic's failure then it has to be after D/P/Pt.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    It would have to. Ruby and Sapphire's time line is at the same time as Red and Blue or Fire Red/Leaf Green hint the remakes being with them. While Gold/Silver/Crysal were at the same time as Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as determined by the beginning of D/P/Pt. Black and White are supposed to be After the events of D/P/Pt as Looker and Cynthia make regular visits. Looker was in D/P/Pt. And if Plasma knows about Galactic's failure then it has to be after D/P/Pt.
    Not really, if you think about it , it was never said the 1st and 3rd gen took place at the same time. Unlike 2nd and 4th generation where they say it takes place around the same time. Now back when fr/lg came out they may have intended it to be in the same time , but since it wasnt stated in the game they can reuse it and pair it off with gen 5

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Sevii Islands. You are made to get a Ruby and Sapphire to help Bill upgrade his storage system to link up the trade feature with Hoenn.

Also Bulbapedia has info on Bill's letter to Lanette.

Hoenn
    While visiting Lanette in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, players can check one of her computers to find an E-mail from Bill. The English translation of the E-mail makes it seem as if Bill is crediting Lanette for upgrading his system, whereas the Japanese text clearly establishes that he and Lanette are co-developers of the original system.
    English Letter:
    "... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Your storage system
    offers more convenience than mine.
    It has a lot of user friendly features that
    make it fun and useful too. It makes me
    proud that I played a part in its development.
    Here's hoping that you'll continue
    research in Storage Systems.
    From Bill
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..."

@Forever

Well you can look at the severity of Galactic/Rocket over Magma/Aqua.

Galactic/Rocket wanted to Rule the world in some fashion, much like Plasma was trying to do. They both had different ways of doing so...Galactic in an attempt to control God like Legendaries, rocket through sheer force, money, and nastiness.

Magma/Ruby were basically Extreme PETA fighting for better living conditions for Pokemon that they seemed to like. Aqua, Pokemon of the Seas. Magma, Pokemon of the lands. They didn't essentially fail like Rocket and Galactic did. In fact they succeeded in acomplishing their goals for a short period, but then learned the error of their ways as the Legends they fought to control proved too powerful for them. Kyogre was flooding too much while Groudon was evaporating too much water and completely destroying the ecosystems. Both also willingly gave up their ideals in pursuit of peace and a more fair living. So its not that it was seen as a failure...its just that methods didn't match to the current plot method AND that the teams easily gave up when they were succeeding.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Sevii Islands. You are made to get a Ruby and Sapphire to help Bill upgrade his storage system to link up the trade feature with Hoenn.

Also Bulbapedia has info on Bill's letter to Lanette.

Hoenn
    While visiting Lanette in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, players can check one of her computers to find an E-mail from Bill. The English translation of the E-mail makes it seem as if Bill is crediting Lanette for upgrading his system, whereas the Japanese text clearly establishes that he and Lanette are co-developers of the original system.
    English Letter:
    "... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Your storage system
    offers more convenience than mine.
    It has a lot of user friendly features that
    make it fun and useful too. It makes me
    proud that I played a part in its development.
    Here's hoping that you'll continue
    research in Storage Systems.
    From Bill
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..."

@Forever

Well you can look at the severity of Galactic/Rocket over Magma/Aqua.

Galactic/Rocket wanted to Rule the world in some fashion, much like Plasma was trying to do. They both had different ways of doing so...Galactic in an attempt to control God like Legendaries, rocket through sheer force, money, and nastiness.

Magma/Ruby were basically Extreme PETA fighting for better living conditions for Pokemon that they seemed to like. Aqua, Pokemon of the Seas. Magma, Pokemon of the lands. They didn't essentially fail like Rocket and Galactic did. In fact they succeeded in acomplishing their goals for a short period, but then learned the error of their ways as the Legends they fought to control proved too powerful for them. Kyogre was flooding too much while Groudon was evaporating too much water and completely destroying the ecosystems. Both also willingly gave up their ideals in pursuit of peace and a more fair living. So its not that it was seen as a failure...its just that methods didn't match to the current plot method AND that the teams easily gave up when they were succeeding.

The email could be used to prove my point in the fact that the email was sent after the events in r/b where bill turns into a pokemon. You cant really prove that the email was sent in the same time line as r/b of course i cant prove that its not.
    But i honestly think they are going to pair 3rd gen time line with the 5th gen time line.
    And the fact that team Aqua and Magma couldnt control the legendary pokemon is a BIG HUGE FAILURE! lol i mean it was there plan they should of forseen this and made a plan to control it. SO i think Magma/Aqua plans faild much more than Rocket/ Glatic, becasue they screwed them selves, while galatic and rocket got screwed by a 10 year old.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The email could be used to prove my point in the fact that the email was sent after the events in r/b where bill turns into a pokemon. You cant really prove that the email was sent in the same time line as r/b of course i cant prove that its not.
    But i honestly think they are going to pair 3rd gen time line with the 5th gen time line.
    And the fact that team Aqua and Magma couldnt control the legendary pokemon is a BIG HUGE FAILURE! lol i mean it was there plan they should of forseen this and made a plan to control it. SO i think Magma/Aqua plans faild much more than Rocket/ Glatic, becasue they screwed them selves, while galatic and rocket got screwed by a 10 year old.

Except they did exactly what they wanted to do with the Pokemon. They wanted to release them and have them use their powers to create more water or expand the land masses. They succeeded in what they were doing but had a change of heart when they witnessed the damage done.

Years
  • back on topic...Some of the sages might even had originated from Kanto...maybe Ghetsis did (that would bring things full circle plus these games are colors/shades like those of Kanto). also that would expain how he learned of Team rocket (we know he at some point must have gone to Sinnoh thus how he learned of Galactic) ...makes sense.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Except they did exactly what they wanted to do with the Pokemon. They wanted to release them and have them use their powers to create more water or expand the land masses. They succeeded in what they were doing but had a change of heart when they witnessed the damage done.
    No they chickend out when they saw what they were up against. No land mass in Hoen changed so they indeed did fail . Besides out of all the teams , Magma/ Aqua had the more public plan, i mean people would of noticed if the wheather was acting up since it was supposed to be global. So what im saying is that its possible that the reason team plasma didnt mention team aqua and magma in N's castle was because it didnt happend yet , maybe Gamefreak wanted to pair 3rd gen timeline with 5th gens timeline.

Bankaiglade

Rainbow Trainer
    Years
  • Maybe the Type of place they each hide or what tm`s they give to you is a clue to what region they were at or Where in the region they hid? I`ll post more possible clues as i see em...

And,maybe they are linked to possible new Pokemon? o3o

Last edited:

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
    Years
  • Hey magmaruby! Personally, I think Rood is Hoennian, and I think B and W is going to tie heavily into the RS remakes. Ghetis seems Sinnohish to me, and the orbs thing fits, but all the others are big question-marks in my mind. Maybe Bankaiglade will form a new hypothesis from his heavy analyzations.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • What if instead of being of one of the regions we already know, they're from regions that still haven't seen in the Pokémon world?

Years
  • could be wish we had more hints like we did with Glacia (or was her name glace) of Hoenn's E 4 being from Sinnoh.Maybe the locations do have something to do with their regions though the one in the ice cooler didn't seem accustomed to the cold...so I kind of doubt his region was very icy.

Back