• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shaking Grass

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Audino, Pansage, Drillbur and Excadrill was all I've found so far. Nothing too special.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • You guys are more lucky than I am. I rarely come across a shaking patch of grass, and when I do, it's usually an Audino or I never reach it in time. Not that I'm complaining, the extra Exp. Points from Audino are a great boost, but I would like to run into some other uncommon Pokémon in the various areas like... Pansage.

Sadly, I have run into the ripples in the water more often than the shaking grass, which is upsetting seeing as I don't have any access to Surf yet. >_>

I did come across quite a bit of dust piles in Wellspring Cave while looking for a Drilbur - who is currently on my team.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I've found lots of shaking grass, but haven't hunted anything in 'em yet. Thus I've only found Audino.

Am looking for an Emonga on Route 5 now, though.

I got a ton of ripples in the water earlier at Route 3 or 4 (can't remember). Don't have Surf yet either :s

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    When it's grinding time for my team I simply go to a route and run around in short grass until I see a shaking patch and either throw on a repel or hope I don't run into anything then await the big-experience-giving-Audino. It is very helpful and makes grinding 5x easier than in past games.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I do that with Audinos all the time, just run until the grass is off screen, the run back, repeat until a shaking grass patch shows up, which 99% of the time is an Audino. Great for Grinding.

Ghostrk9

learning new information!
    Years
  • you guys are so lucky! im up to burch's gym and havenr found a single shaking patch!

Dark knight17

Training pokes etc
    Years
  • I run into shaking patches, water ripples, and the cave dust a lot in the game. The rarest thing I caught was an Excadrill, and I ignore the water ripples cuz its usually a red basculin but I have ran into a buizel before.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Audino appear only in shaking patches? I must have walked into a shaking patch when I wasn't paying attention, because I found an Audino randomly when I was looking for a Munna. I was going to catch the Audino, but it didn't look interesting to me so I ran away : o darn.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I just caught the evolved form of Minccino looking for Emolga - and then found Emolga right after that ('was looking for 1.5h)!

So 'am lucky and happy today~

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I've found Audino twice without seeing the grass shaking. I think it just starts shaking one tile before I go to it and that's why I can't notice it.
    Also seen ground grumble once in a cave but couldn't get there.
    I'm at Route 4 now.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • I run into shaking patches, water ripples, and the cave dust a lot in the game. The rarest thing I caught was an Excadrill, and I ignore the water ripples cuz its usually a red basculin but I have ran into a buizel before.
    You realize that you have to use a Super Rod in the Water Ripples to find the rare pokemon? It does usually become a Basuclin if you swim on it XD

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • It's been all Audinos so far. I came across a Stunfisk in a ripple though... its design made me go WTF for about twenty seconds xD

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I have found one Audino, but I have seen that... bubble in the water a few times walking around, but I don't have Surf yet.

Nameless.

Oh yes, I've experienced shaking grass hundreds of times. I know how to activate it, so I just do it on purpose for Audino grinding. :3
    It still gets my heart pumping though every time one comes up. It's exciting! It's just like chaining in DPPt.

The bubbles in the water are fun too. One of my friends thought it was a hole in the water when she first saw it. xDDD sorry gurl i had to LOL
    Dirt clouds and bubbles don't usually have anything I want particularly, but it's cool to see em anyway.

I thought I heard somewhere once that the shaking grass sparkles too if an "oddly-colored" Pokemon is in it. Anyone know if this is true or false?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    woot woot!

WOOT WOOT!!! i finally captured Emolga in the shaking grass. I've been wanting one of those for a while now! :)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I've caught a few Cincinno and a Leavanny in shaking patches... and a ton of Emolgas trying to find Audino -.-;

I managed to trade off two Cincinno and the Leavanny for Pansage, Pansear, and Zorua :)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I've found Audino, which are awesome for training, Emolga, which I caught, and a Gothitelle, which I also caught. :D
    In Caves, I've found Excadrill, and Drilbur only. ;_;

Back