• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Share game tips, tricks, and guides here!

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    Here's the trick to never miss a throw:

Pull the pokeball to the edge of the screen. Simply swipe up and the ball will automatically curve back to hit the pokemon.

Here's the video demonstrating it

This is perfect. Keep in mind doing this is at the cost of NOT getting a curveball, Nice, or Great, so it's more likely that the 'mon will escape. Still. A good tradeoff.

More tips from that YouTuber that I find useful:
    How to throw a curveball in a quick, fluid motion. Doing this helps it become muscle memory, which will help you be more accurate and time it better.

How to see attacks coming and dodge each one. He explains the telegraphs, and the timing for how often they attack and how many of your own attacks you can safely get in in between.

Useful shortcuts and tricks in the menus. Not essential, but saves time and hassle.

More complex stats explained: Level, IVs, CP, how they work and and how to determine them. I found this easier to understand than anyone else explaining these stats.

A common question we get, Should I evolve or power up my Pokemon or evolve it first? Also some advice on who to not bother pouring candies into. Summary at 9:50 mark.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Ok, so I was casually checking Pokémon Go like anyone would, and I go to my eggs and see that an egg has been completed, but the egg wasnt hatching. It said 5k/5k. Then when I tapped on another 5k egg that I had, it switched to a 10k egg. Not only that, but instead of saying walk to hatch this egg, it said something along the lines of "to hatch this egg, you must feed it butter." Now I dont know if my account got hacked or something, but I do believe that this is going to be a potential new feature to the game that was somehow leaked. Everything turned back to normal a few minutes later and I got a Male Nidoran out of the egg, but with this experience I had, I do believe that this will be a new feature in another update later in the game's development. I dont know of anyone else that has experienced this, but let me know if you saw something similar.

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
    Years
    Ok, but I should warn people that they should NOT use Pokemon Go hack tool. They are all FAKE, and actually want to get profit and usernames. Should they get aware for this. They should look at this site.

By the way, is this in the topic? I'm feared that this post will be flagged.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Also. I've noticed that an idle phone will stop updating the Sightings list. Which makes me wonder is it is tied to the accelerometer or GPS movement or something. Confirm/deny, anyone?
    I've figured out that while playing it's best to refresh the game every 15-20 minutes, so that the map refreshes, because it can lag and not pick up changes if you keep the game running without a restart for an hour+. In my case it's hard not too, because after it's been open / idle for too long, mine will usually freeze and I have no choice.

Back