• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"She's out of my league"

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
  • Leagues do exist, but if you try hard enough - but not too hard, and that you do the right tings and all - you can convince anyone to give you a chance. There's really a lot of things that can make a relationship happen, and sometimes one will fall in love with the last person they'd ever expect.

I have been told that a girl is out of my league before, but that has never stopped me. I've learned plenty of lessons on how NOT to woo girls (I was an idiot at one point in my life) and with experience, you figure out that anyone can be in your league in one way or another. Maybe it's appearance, maybe it's reputation, maybe it's personality, maybe it's a combination or something else. You just have to look for windows. If it was meant to happen, it will.

But really, the "leagues" thing tends to be over with when you're out of college and things just tend to... happen.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I'm a girl, so I'll change it. "He's out of my league."

Well, I don't think leagues matter. I'm an eleven year old kid so I think this way. If two people really love each other, your rank in popularity shouldn't interfere. It's as simple as that.

Years
  • She's/He's only only out of your 'league' if you allow them to be. Your true charachter (and their's) is what really matters. Just be brave and talk to them a bit. You never know unless you try, which sounds cliche, but it's true.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2013
    Guys tend to find attractiveness attractive and girls tend to find wealth attractive.

Replace 'wealth' with 'power' and you'd have more of a point. For the most part, though, attractiveness has always been a bit of a grey area (one man's garbage is another man's treasure, etc. etc.).

As to whether 'leagues' exist, they probably do, yeah, but it's not impossible to jump from one league to another.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    It depends on the mindset of both the people and whether or not they find traits the other one has attractive, not just how attractive they are in societies eyes.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Replace 'wealth' with 'power' and you'd have more of a point.
    You're not doing much better. :P

Seeing as a relationship involves two people(assumingly), there's really no point to the "leagues". If each person has their own definition of how the other "ranks," one shouldn't know their status in another person's league. Therefore you should try and ask for that date. Just because you think someone's out of your league doesn't mean you're not out of their league, if that makes any sense at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2013
    You're not doing much better. :P

Seeing as a relationship involves two people(assumingly), there's really no point to the "leagues". If each person has their own definition of how the other "ranks," one shouldn't know their status in another person's league. Therefore you should try and ask for that date. Just because you think someone's out of your league doesn't mean you're not out of their league, if that makes any sense at all.

Power comes in many shapes and sizes. Popular high-school students, for example, have 'social' power which is probably why they have a lot more success than others in the relationships department.

Also, don't quote me on this, but IIRC a few studies have proven that people with similiar physical attractiveness levels are attracted to each other (think it's called the 'matching hypothesis' or something). Therefore, one might have an inherent sense of where they stand in such 'leagues'.

As much as I'd like to believe ~anything is possible~ I think reality has other things to say, honestly.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I believe in the league thing. But instead of looks and personality, I base it on intelligence. If the girl is smarter than me, then I'll take it as her being out of my league.

.Skylight.

Through & Beyond
    Years
  • Leagues exist, there is no doubt that or stating otherwise. Quite simply, I find myself to be rather low on the scale because of shyness. My qualities are good and I think I look good, no problem against. A few of my friends are drop dead gorgeous and as good of friends I am with them, I think my chances at trying to reach the "couples" would be more than difficult to achieve. The opposing gender may claim that looks don't matter, but the typical person judges looks. However, I know a lot of people that reel in a girl because of their odd, funny and charismatic personality. More than certain, looks do matter to them, it does not have to matter a lot, but it does matter. Personally, I'm not the funniest person so that does not exactly help me out. Both have a big factor, it just comes down to the person.

A lot of my friends say I'm cute, handsome and good looking, but I tend to feel incompetent about myself which totally draws the opposing sex away. If I feel incompetent about myself, then why should they involve their self with me. Do I tell them how I feel, not a chance, I just do not feel well with how I am currently. It is a lack of self-esteem, but if I can do/change a few things about myself for the better or to my dismay then I wouldn't mind confronting them for dinner, a nice date or a walk in the park. Definitely something for me to do nonetheless.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
  • I feel like looks only go a certain way. Obviously with initial attraction, appearance is a big factor. You feel more willing to talk to someone you don't know if they aesthetically adhere to your inherent standards. It doesn't really mean you're going to like someone though, or even want anything to do with them past meaningless small talk/one night stand.

I'm the kind of person who think people get more or less attractive as you get to know them. If I like someone's personality etc, then over time they will become more attractive to me and I guess, by the argument 'rate' higher. Alternatively, if I meet a really hot guy, but he's kind of a ****, over time, he'll get less attractive in my eyes, and I won't really have much time for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 1, 2015
    Social niches can blow me, if I see someone I like I'll ask them out when I feel like it and see how it goes from there if I'm lucky enough. At least that's what I believed in back when I was single lol.

TheCollector

Merely a collector
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    In my teenage years the concept of "League" was more pronounced and obvious, everybody wanted to be with the hottest girl/boy in the school.

Now as an adult, it is more about being stable mentally, economically and socially with a big heart (and being a little "bad boy biker" or "sexy woman in the bedroom")...if the person's hot than that is just icing on the cake.

Back